Letter to Campbell Ogilvie

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle

Ok now before everyone starts shooting me down,this letter is a working progress so constructive criticism would be more helpful than just name calling.

Haven't sent this yet.Still need to tweek a few lines.Any suggestions on what I could add or comments on what I've written so far would be great.

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

I write to you as one of many concerned Hearts supporters seeking answers to Mr Romanov's intentions for this coming season and beyond.Before I start however,I would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and all the staff at the club for the service they have provided over the past season and the efforts made to attract younger fans to matches through the magnificent seven scheme.I'ts just a shame that this great work is being overshadowed by other events which brings me to the main points for sending you this letter.

All the good work mentioned over the last few sentences have been pushed to the back of the supporters minds due to a number of on-going events and I was wondering if you could provide answers on the following questions.

1.Why has all talk of a new manager being installed subsided after the renewal date for season tickets has expired?

2.Was the interest in Mark Mcghee simply a rouge to sell season tickets in the final week of renewals?

3.After stating in previous interviews over the past year that the future of the club lay with young british players such as Berra,Wallace and Driver why now the willingness to sell these same players over the summer?Can you say for certain that these players will be still at Hearts come the start of the season?

4.Why push forward plans for stadium expansion when at the same time dramatically slashing the playing staff budget? Surely to entice more supporters you need a better product on the park than is being currently shown?

5.What is Mr Romanovs aim for the club for the coming season?Top six?Europe?

The vast majority of Hearts fans are not looking for miracles Mr Ogilvie.All we want is a squad of decent players under the guidance of a manager who is given full control of team matters and we hope that the man to still make this happen is Mr Romanov.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Auld Reekin'
Ok now before everyone starts shooting me down,this letter is a working progress so constructive criticism would be more helpful than just name calling.

Haven't sent this yet.Still need to tweek a few lines.Any suggestions on what I could add or comments on what I've written so far would be great.

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

I write to you as one of many concerned Hearts supporters seeking answers to Mr Romanov's intentions for this coming season and beyond.Before I start however,I would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and all the staff at the club for the service they have provided over the past season and the efforts made to attract younger fans to matches through the magnificent seven scheme.I'ts just a shame that this great work is being overshadowed by other events which brings me to the main points for sending you this letter.

All the good work mentioned over the last few sentences have been pushed to the back of the supporters minds due to a number of on-going events and I was wondering if you could provide answers on the following questions.

1.Why has all talk of a new manager being installed subsided after the renewal date for season tickets has expired?

2.Was the interest in Mark Mcghee simply a rouge to sell season tickets in the final week of renewals?

3.After stating in previous interviews over the past year that the future of the club lay with young british players such as Berra,Wallace and Driver why now the willingness to sell these same players over the summer?Can you say for certain that these players will be still at Hearts come the start of the season?

4.Why push forward plans for stadium expansion when at the same time dramatically slashing the playing staff budget? Surely to entice more supporters you need a better product on the park than is being currently shown?

The vast majority of Hearts fans are not looking for miracles Mr Ogilvie.All we want is a squad of decent players under the guidance of a manager who is given full control of team matters and we hope that the man to still make this happen is Mr Romanov.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

OK - for starters, a few wee corrections of spelling and punctuation:

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

I write to you as one of many concerned Hearts supporters seeking answers to Mr Romanov's intentions for this coming season and beyond. Before I start however, I would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and all the staff at the club for the service they have provided over the past season and the efforts made to attract younger fans to matches through the Magnificent Seven scheme. It's just a shame that this great work is being overshadowed by other events. This brings me to the main point for sending you this letter.

All the good work mentioned above have been pushed to the back of the supporters' minds due to a number of on-going events and I was very much hoping you could provide answers to the following questions:

1. Why has all talk of a new manager being installed subsided after the renewal date for season tickets has expired?

2. Was the interest in Mark Mcghee simply a ruse to sell season tickets in the final week of renewals?

3. After stating in previous interviews over the past year that the future of the club lay with young British players such as Berra, Wallace, and Driver why now the willingness to sell these same players over the summer? Can you say for certain that these players will be still at Hearts come the start of the season?

4. Why push forward plans for stadium expansion when at the same time dramatically slashing the playing staff budget? Surely to entice more supporters you need a better product on the park than is being currently shown.

5.What is Mr Romanovs aim for the club for the coming season? Top six? Qualification for Europe?

The vast majority of Hearts fans are not looking for miracles Mr Ogilvie. All we want is a squad of decent players under the guidance of a manager who is given full control of team matters. We still hope that the man to make this happen is Mr Romanov.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Scott McIntosh.

A fair enough letter, I think. I don't suppose it will do any good, or tell anyone at Hearts what they don't already know, but it can't do any harm either. It's just a pity that Campbell Ogilvie is probably as powerless to affect Romanov's thinking :wacko: and future plans (if any :cool:) as the rest of us are. I hope you get a reply.

Elroyofderovers
I would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and all the staff at the club for the.......efforts made to attract younger fans to matches through the magnificent seven scheme.

Excellent point. Credit where credit is due.

That is what I want. No sure about Vlad though. Think you might just be trying to end the letter on a nice note to get a reply!!!

gillie chris

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Dear Scott

In reply to your points

1. We are actively looking for a new manager and we want to make sure the right man is in place we should have someone in at the start of season 2009-2010. :rolleyes:

2. Mark Mcgee was flying out to Lithuania but at the 11th hour decided to remain with his current club this had no bearing on season ticket sales.

3. There is no willingness to sell these players we have knocked back the bids from Wolves. If a good bid was to come in we would have to consider it. Every player has their price and no player is immune from bids from other clubs.

4. We have had to reduce the wages that players were getting. Certain players were getting huge salarys but were not producing the goods on the field. The stadium expansion is key to the future of Hearts to get extra money into the club with more hospitality boxes.

5. Mr Romanov is disappointed in last seasons performance and once another care taker manager is in place he hopes that with full control over the team :rolleyes: we will be competing with the old firm. If the referees and the SFA stopped cheating us we may win the league:rolleyes:

As for your last comment Mr Romanov is in full control off the team and may put himself forward as care taker manager until we find a new manager for 2009 2010 season.

Yours sincerely

Gillie Chris

Campbell Ogilvies Spokesman

Say What Again

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Scott, I admire your efforts - but.....

By the time you're letter passes through the relevant checkpoints, what will reach Campbell Ogilvie is:

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Please could you pass on my regards to Mr Romanov.

PS. Do you know what size of socks he wears? It's getting ever nearer Xmas and I'd like to get him a little something as a small token of my thanks.

PPS. Could I have a signed photo of him as well?

Lots of love

Scott

:sad:

:)

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Dear CO

When was the shortlist dreamed up ?

Who was on it (was anyone on it ?)

Why did it take HMFC so long to even make a first approach to ANY manager ?

After MM predictably turned HMFC down who is/was next on the shortlist ?

Does ANY football club with serious aspirations take so long as HMFC to appoint a manager ?

Etc, etc, etc....repeat ad nuaseum.

Fair enough effort mate, but the chances of him actually reading it are extemely slim. And even if he did what do you expect him to do?

Tell you that they lied over MM

Tell you that we're not really going to build the stadium?

Romanov's goals for next season (top six?europe?). What do you expect him to say? He will always say we want to be right up there challenging.

I know how frustrating it is but at the end of the day letters like this fail to make any difference. If he was to consider answering an of these positively the first thing he would do is go to a newspaper, not an individual fan. Also, how does he know you're not a reporter wanting a wee scoop.

My letter to CO would go something like this,

Dear Campbell,

Is it not about time that you took your sorry blue nose bigotted fat ass out of our club and p!ss off back to Hunbrox.

From what I have seen you have done little or nothing to improve Hearts lot with the SFA since your arrival.

Many on JKB accuse players of being wage thiefs and I put you firmly in that category.

Shape up or ship out. I am more than willing to pay your taxi fare back to the west

etc. etc. etc.

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Regarding point 3, I thoguht we knocked back bids for Berra and Driver, so we are obviously not thak kean to sell unless we get a very good offer - rather like every football club on the planet, practically.

The Real Maroonblood

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

I know a bus driver who is due me a favour.

Could you please pass that on to "The Puppet Master?"

Jambosimmy

I agree with most of what you have mentioned in the letter. i do beleive that the Mcghee saga was in indeed to boost season ticket sales. i just dont trust this guy one bit and as GC has already mentioned we will be lucky to have a manager in place by the start of 2009 season.

depressing!!!

200milesfromgorgie

I think its an excellent idea. the 'teachers' on this forum should take it and tidy it up it abit then it should be made into a PDF and pinned up for EVERYONE to down load then, this is the beautiful part, EVERYBODY POSTS A COPY TO TYNECASTLE! anybody up for this?

maroonlegions
I think its an excellent idea. the 'teachers' on this forum should take it and tidy it up it abit then it should be made into a PDF and pinned up for EVERYONE to down load then, this is the beautiful part, EVERYBODY POSTS A COPY TO TYNECASTLE! anybody up for this?

send a copy to the Evening Hobo paper they would love it.:P

But i agree about sending hundreds to tynie and if no one gets a reply then what if we Keep sending it untill they get p**** off with receiving it.;)

200milesfromgorgie
send a copy to the Evening Hobo paper they would love it.:P

But i agree about sending hundreds to tynie and if no one gets a reply then what if we Keep sending it untill they get p**** off with receiving it.;)

Just like Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption! We can call it OPERATION SHAWSHANK! whos good at letters n stuff? (clearly me einglish ist soo bad)

Hope everbody can afford the price of a stamp?

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

I write to you as one of many concerned Hearts supporters seeking answers to Mr Romanov's intentions for this coming season and beyond.Before I start however,I would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and all the staff at the club for the service they have provided over the past season and the efforts made to attract younger fans to matches through the magnificent seven scheme.I'ts just a shame that this great work is being overshadowed by other events which brings me to the main points for sending you this letter. I think it's good that you've given them some credit and it's not just a letter condeming them

All the good work mentioned over the last few sentences have been pushed to the back of the supporters minds due to a number of on-going events and I was wondering if you could provide answers on the following questions. True

1.Why has all talk of a new manager being installed subsided after the renewal date for season tickets has expired? I don't think season ticket renewal played any part of this

2.Was the interest in Mark Mcghee simply a rouge to sell season tickets in the final week of renewals? I also think this is very far from the truth, I don't even think it's worth putting in. Even if it was true, which I believe it to be nowhere near the truth, like they would say "oh yes, that was our plan"

3.After stating in previous interviews over the past year that the future of the club lay with young british players such as Berra,Wallace and Driver why now the willingness to sell these same players over the summer?Can you say for certain that these players will be still at Hearts come the start of the season? There is absolutely nothing from the club saying they are willing to sell our young players such as the above mentioned, it's all papertalk and it could make you look a little naive believing what you read in the newspaper

4.Why push forward plans for stadium expansion when at the same time dramatically slashing the playing staff budget? Surely to entice more supporters you need a better product on the park than is being currently shown? I kind of agree with this point, but I think they will have a stock reply for this anyway

5.What is Mr Romanovs aim for the club for the coming season?Top six?Europe? Decent questions that need to be asked, but I think we all know what will be said

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Just added a few of my opinions, I just think you really need to ask different things, even if you did get a reply, there is no way you will get answers to some of these questions and some of them are far from the truth.

MackaysCentreSpot

Dear Campbell,

Is it not about time that you took your sorry blue nose bigotted fat ass out of our club and p!ss off back to Hunbrox.

From what I have seen you have done little or nothing to improve Hearts lot with the SFA since your arrival.

Many on JKB accuse players of being wage thiefs and I put you firmly in that category.

Shape up or ship out. I am more than willing to pay your taxi fare back to the west

etc. etc. etc.

How long did it take you to think of this wonderfully mature response.

It is people like you with posts like this that stiffle the sensible debate on this forum. The OP was looking for any sensible suggestions regarding his letter and you respond with this pesh.

Obviously you have a point to make regarding your thoughts on Mr Ogilvie but you could have done it in a mature way and not like a raving lunatic.

maroonlegions

It is people like you with posts like this that stiffle the sensible debate on this forum. The OP was looking for any sensible suggestions regarding his letter and you respond with this pesh.

Obviously you have a point to make regarding your thoughts on Mr Ogilvie but you could have done it in a mature way and not like a raving lunatic.

true , kids not on summer hols yet, mmm.;)

londonjambo

Scott

By all means write to CO - he is a decent bloke and I would be surprised if you didnt get an answer. if it helps you, he came down to London at the invitation of London Hearts to do a talk and a Q & A. A potted summary of it is on this thread - start at Post #23

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16957

I suspect you would get answers to your questions similar to those which we got. There is no doubt that CO is heavily involved in the day to say running of the club. There is also no doubt that he has only a limited (but he would say greater than previous) influence with VR.

GC

rabprentice

Agree that those not renewing should write to CO to explain why - it is important non-renewal is not "misinterpreted" to suit an alternative agenda at a later date.

Not sure about the McGhee thing being a ruse.

By MM's own description , he pulled out at the last minute and he was on the verge of coming. He did not make that decision because of some last-minute piece of rug-pulling by Vlad.

I cannot think of any reason why MM would tell it that way, if the real reason was that he was in on a ruse. He's been quite kind to VR in what he's disclosed and how he's put things.

I think your letter makes many valid points and you should certainly send it. I don't hold out much hope that it will change anything.

The "ruse" scenario is that Vlad somehow bribed MM to pretend to be coming to us then pull out in a dramatic airport scene just to sell a few season tickets. I really don't think so even for one so unorthodox as our Vlad.

Obviously, we're all a bit disappointed that Jose preferred the Milan offer, but maybe there are a few managers still out there whose arrival would cheer us up.

Dear Campbell,

etc. etc. etc.

Mark,

I also fail to warm to this apparent CO love in.

It is a free country and these are my opinions on CO.

You as I am are entitled to our opinions

So rather than having a pop at me why dont you assist the OP in his formulation of questions etc. to CO which any mature person would do rather than sink to my level.

Dear Mr Ogilvie,

It hasnt, work is ongoing to attract the right man for the job. Unfortunately for good reasons we are unable to discuss our targets with the press and therefore they have noting to report at the moment.

Absolutely not. a lot of time and hard work over the last few months was diorected towards securing mark McGhee but unfortunately he decided to stay at Motherwell. We understand that last season was a disapointment and we extended the season ticket deadline date to give our valued and loyal fans every chance to renew.

Every player at the club is for sale at the right offer. The players you listed above are no different. Obvioulsy we want to have a successful season and future and players will be sold and bought in the interests of achieving those goals.

The stadium is the future of the club - we need facilities that make us money 365 days a year regardless of whether their is football on. We need to become more self sufficient. At the same time, we still have to run the football club within sensible financial constraints. We feel that the youngsters coming through will continue to bolster the playing side and that we will have a team challenging for honours again soon.

mr Ropmanov wants to win the league with a good run in the cups and European football a bare minimum requirement.

Agreed - we are all working towards this aim.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Scott McIntosh

Hi mate,

I applaud your intentions and the fact you are willing to try and do something about the current situation at the club.

These are also questions that im sure the majority of fans would like answers to - from Mr Romanov. Unfortunately I think your letter will be in vain.

Im sorry though but my own personal view is that a) Campell Ogilvie will mot know the answers or B) if he knows the real answers he will not be able to give you them.

Ive aded what I fully expect you will be told if you get a reply.

Sorry...

Mark,

I also fail to warm to this apparent CO love in.

Tut tut now you have just given some of the thought police my first name you naughty naugthy person.

Cue abuse from the CO love brigade naming me by my real name oh the shame :)

200milesfromgorgie
Hi mate,

I applaud your intentions and the fact you are willing to try and do something about the current situation at the club.

These are also questions that im sure the majority of fans would like answers to - from Mr Romanov. Unfortunately I think your letter will be in vain.

Im sorry though but my own personal view is that a) Campell Ogilvie will mot know the answers or B) if he knows the real answers he will not be able to give you them.

Ive aded what I fully expect you will be told if you get a reply.

Sorry...

That is why everybody should post a copy. just to make a scene if nothing else....

The Puppeteer
I agree with most of what you have mentioned in the letter. i do beleive that the Mcghee saga was in indeed to boost season ticket sales. i just dont trust this guy one bit and as GC has already mentioned we will be lucky to have a manager in place by the start of 2009 season.

depressing!!!

Cheer up and while your at it here's a reality check. If what you've come up with is true then Vlad would presumably have paid McGhee to go along with this supposed charade in order to fool us dim-wit fans into buying season tickets????

As for the OP why don't you try waiting until the clubs own deadline of the beginning of pre-season training has passed before you write your letter to Mr. Ogilvie? It's barely over a week since McGhee turned us down FFS.

sandylejambo

As for the OP why don't you try waiting until the clubs own deadline of the beginning of pre-season training has passed before you write your letter to Mr. Ogilvie? It's barely over a week since McGhee turned us down FFS.

yes but as we're not getting anything comming out of tynecastle then we have to presum there was no plan B, if this is the case then just what is CO doing to justify his salery

...why don't you try waiting until the clubs own deadline of the beginning of pre-season training has passed before you write your letter to Mr. Ogilvie? ...

I must have missed this, what deadline did the club set and when did they set this?

It's barely over a week since McGhee turned us down FFS

And it's over six months since they announced they're intentions to employ a manager.... FFS.

Archived