Time to play kids for remaining games

williamgerrard

williamgerrard

After tonights result  8pts behind aberdeen its now time  to blood some youngsters in ie jack hamilton n co .

Special Agent Dale Cooper

We have to be careful with blooding too many youngsters at once IMHO.

Their fragile confidence could be pretty shaken by a tanking from Celtic or Aberdeen. But similarly drip-feeding them 30 minutes or so could be great experience for one or two fringe players. I'm sure the management setup have a plan for this going forward. 

Nah, strongest team, don't give up on second until it's gone, completely.

There might not be any young lads good enough anyway.

jamtartan74

Agree totally, Zanatta for sure as well as Reilly (might as well) Hamilton and any others that are on the fringes, good situation to be in [emoji3]. Get Rudi back in for a few games as well, feck it might as well [emoji1303]

john brownlee

No, strongest team every time fans pay good money to see the best Hearts team when possible. Keep going for second until it's beyond us.

Coooooooomoan the mighty JTs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, strongest team every time fans pay good money to see the best Hearts team when possible. Keep going for second until it's beyond us.

Coooooooomoan the mighty JTs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing some of the Hearts fans on this thread pay money to watch exciting young players being blooded.

Not while second is still on, unless they're good enough. Why give Aberdeen an easy ride to 2nd?

Really hope they give Hamilton a go.  First post split fixture is Aberdeen in Perth.  If St J win, battle for 2nd is back on.

Unknown user

Play youngsters if and when they deserve to win their place imo.

There's a huge financial benefit to finishing second which could help a league assault next season, these games are not dead rubbers

gashauskis9

Couple of sub appearances from Beith and some of the Dev squad would be sufficient, but while 2nd is still a distinct possibility (Aberdeen could easily go a few games without a win) we should play our strongest 11. No cup finals to prepare for, we only have one focus.

Ideally, if Robbie already has an idea of who is being shown the door in the summer (assuming they aren't a first pick) then they should step aside and free up a space on the bench. Don't see any point in Dauda playing again for that reason.

I would like to see Hamilton given a few games before the season is over. The more experience he can get the better it will be for us and him.

I would also rest Nicholson..... Looks like he is still carrying an injury.

Never mind the youngsters what about the fans?

I think they should randomly pick folk out section N for the last 20 minutes.

I'll bring my boots.....

letsalldothebeattie

I like the idea of Robbie giving the kids a chance. But 2nd spot is still possible for us to achieve. So I would say strongest XI with maybe the change of Hamilton in for Alexander to give him the chance and no bigger chance than the 5 top teams in the league but also then pack the bench with kids and give them anything from 10-45 minutes. Get likes of Buchanan, Baur, Roy, Morrison etc coming off the bench in final 5 games to give them big experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruyff Turn

Not for me. Only 8 points behind with 15 to play for. So we can still come 2nd, it's not impossible.

I'd be playing our strongest team everyweek with maybe some of the younger lads getting a chance off the bench.

GorgieRules22

Leicester City showed last season what a strong finish can do for your next campaign.

Strongest team possible for me especially against the filth on the 30th.

If/when it becomes impossible to catch Aberdeen, youngsters would not be a bad idea.

It'll give the senior players some time off given our short break before the first round of Europa League qualifiers start on 30th June.

Not saying it's going to happen again but when Aberdeen were pipped by Motherwell into 2nd a couple of years ago they only won one split match in last 5.

Still going to take a good run of results from ourselves though if that does actually happen again.

I'm guessing some of the Hearts fans on this thread pay money to watch exciting young players being blooded.

What ones?

We_are_the_Hearts

Apart from Smith we don't have anyone ready to start and that includes Zanatta. The youngsters should be concentrating on their U20 final at Hampden.

After tonights result 8pts behind aberdeen its now time to blood some youngsters in ie jack hamilton n co .

Said exactly that last night in the match thread :)

Effing ridiculous suggestion. Youngsters need bedded in. They wont learn much playing with the same guys as under 18s and getting humped.

European games are not that far off and we need to further cement cohesion amongst the players who'll here for these games. Those ones being released can get cameo appearances to say bye. If we are serious about a challange for top next year then that challange starts now.

Effing ridiculous suggestion. Youngsters need bedded in. They wont learn much playing with the same guys as under 18s and getting humped.

Its players who are on the fringe of first team football who we need to give more game time. Take Dauda for example. Now that there's less pressure on him to produce the goods, we might see what the management team see in him.

John Findlay

I personally think one or two youngsters will feature for about 20-30mins max in our last 2 games as everything will be done and dusted by then. Our coaching staff are very much on the ball as to when an up and coming youngster is ready. Smith laddie is testament to that.

Can't see many if any making the step up at the moment so it'd be a completely pointless exercise. We'll be adding to what's already a half decent squad.

A few poor results towards the end of the season could be detrimental to the start of the next campaign, which will be here very quickly.

No, let's finish 5 wins out of 5 and take that form into July/August.

Its players who are on the fringe of first team football who we need to give more game time. Take Dauda for example. Now that there's less pressure on him to produce the goods, we might see what the management team see in him.

Why would you want to give Dudargh game time ahead of one of our own signed players when it's been published that he's going back to Arnhem?

gashauskis9

Dauda is quite the opposite imo. Defo leaving so seems a bit pointless playing him, especially when he's been so ineffective.

The Future's Maroon

I can only think of the merits in playing Jack Hamilton, no disrespect to Alexander but we know his future is in coaching so why not give Jack the last few games and lets see if he is ready for first team football.

I would also say there is a case for Reilly to start ahead of Dauda, or Zanatta or any other young striker Robbies thinks could be in with a shout next season.

Apart from that, strongest team please.

The Treasurer

Those calling for Zanatta obviously weren't in Inverness last night.

I think he's a great prospect but maybe needs a season on loan before he's ready for the first team.

Also, until it's mathematically impossible, we play our strongest team to try and win every game.

Although I do agree Reilly should be ahead of Dauda 

I think Hamilton will get his chance pre-season to stake a claim for being no.1 whether he gets any games this season or not.

Futurejambo1

Strongest team until Aberdeen can't be caught, then maybe 15 here or there for Zanatta, Buchanan etc, maybe tinker and push Calum further forward. Big break now so everyone should be fit but players who we are not keeping should not be involved, Miguel, Blazej, Dauda etc.

Even Reilly yeah.  People who think playing an under 18's team, who play together every week anyway is a good thing ffs.  Getting humped 6 nil of Celtic or Aberdeen does not teach you anything apart from drain confidence.  A 16 year old defender would benefit playing a few games alongside Rossi and Ozturk for example.

Agree with Robbie disappointed with only 1 point but catching the Sheep is still the thing to go for although it will be tough

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would say wait until we play an in form Motherwell and if the experienced team put in another underwhelming performance in that game then freshen it up as second will be a remote prospect if we don't win. Introduce the youngsters in the County and Saints games but not against Celtic and the dons and risk a doing !

Nookie Bear

The youngsters will get their chances in exactly the same way they have up to now. It's not as if we overlook them.

Terrible idea whilst second is still possible.

I'd rather have second and the financial benefits that come with entering the Europa a round later and chance of a big Euro tie or even qualification to the league stages, than blooding the youngsters.

If or when second is lost then that's the time to play the youngsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

European games are not that far off and we need to further cement cohesion amongst the players who'll here for these games. Those ones being released can get cameo appearances to say bye. If we are serious about a challange for top next year then that challange starts now.

Yes

Team and formation still gelling with Kitchen just in and Jamie Walker back.

Keep going more or less with same team.

Footballfirst

Apart from Smith we don't have anyone ready to start and that includes Zanatta. The youngsters should be concentrating on their U20 final at Hampden.

I asked Craig Levein, at Monday night's Development game, if we would be fielding our strongest side for the final. His response didn't fill me with confidence in that the only player he mentioned that would be back was Angus Beith and he even said that Dario Zanatta may be staying with the first team squad.

L Smith, McGhee, Souttar, Beith, Buchanan and Zanatta are all eligible to play for the U20s. Personally I'd hope that all, possibly with the exception of Souttar, would be available for the final.  There are no competing midweek first team games, with the next game being against Celtic, where I'd expect us to play an experienced line-up.

Nah, strongest team, don't give up on second until it's gone, completely.

There might not be any young lads good enough anyway.

This

Clerry Jambo

I asked Craig Levein, at Monday night's Development game, if we would be fielding our strongest side for the final. His response didn't fill me with confidence in that the only player he mentioned that would be back was Angus Beith and he even said that Dario Zanatta may be staying with the first team squad.

L Smith, McGhee, Souttar, Beith, Buchanan and Zanatta are all eligible to play for the U20s. Personally I'd hope that all, possibly with the exception of Souttar, would be available for the final.  There are no competing midweek first team games, with the next game being against Celtic, where I'd expect us to play an experienced line-up.

Or maybe FF the coaches feel the young lads that got us to the final should get there chance of glory despite the "bigger names" being brought in just because it's a final.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would expect Smith, Zanatta, Buchanan, Beith and McGhee to play in the final. Would be daft not to give them that experience of playing at Hampden. Time will tell I suppose

I would expect Smith, Zanatta, Buchanan, Beith and McGhee to play in the final. Would be daft not to give them that experience of playing at Hampden. Time will tell I suppose

Yes

It's Robbie that decides this not Craig Levein. Decision will be made around time of team selection next week but not confirmed till after Motherwell game to take account of any injuries etc.

Expect them all to play. Souttar also.

Footballfirst

Or maybe FF the coaches feel the young lads that got us to the final should get there chance of glory despite the "bigger names" being brought in just because it's a final.

All of those named, bar Souttar, played against Dundee Utd in the semi-final.

Jambof3tornado

But why bother as he will be gone by the end of may?

Jambo 4 Ever

Dauda is quite the opposite imo. Defo leaving so seems a bit pointless playing him, especially when he's been so ineffective.

This - no point in playing him now. Give Zanatta and Reilly more games instead.

Don't give up on 2nd place yet

Archived