Totally bored with Champions League and International Breaks

Hammys goal celebrations

I've no doubt Leicester fans will not be only excited at the prospect of being champs, but also playing in the European Cup.

That's where the CL maintains a bit of romance and novelty factor. But only. It must be exciting for teams who rarely get there but even for the regulars it must be somewhat "samey" at times.

It's time to go back to 2 leg knockouts right throughout the competition.

Maybe maintain seeding for the early qualifying but once it's the first round proper get them all in the hat and the draw is what it is instead of keeping the best apart.

The football even up here has lost something too. My passion for Hearts is probably at its lowest and I can't quite put my finger on why. I've been to one game since we lost to Hibs and I'm seriously considering not renewing next season and just picking and choosing my games and doing more away games. That's the enjoyment for me, the bus, the beers and a laugh the football is just a reason to get on it these days.

rangers cheating and getting away with it(never punished) just because their a big club has tarnished everything associated with scottish fitba. i still enjoy a hearts game, but just the game W,L or D on the day, but have no great desire for winning anything as it all feels tainted by the fact cheating is a given.

Tommy Brown

From Daily Mirror

Champions League football could be set for a return to terrestrial television after the current three-year exclusive contract with BT Sport expires.

Viewing figures for Europe's premier competition have plummeted since the ?897million deal with BT came into effect at the start of this season.

And now a high-ranking UEFA official has admitted that the agreement was a 'mistake', according to the Daily Mail.

A peak audience of just over a million viewers saw Manchester City's quarter-final first leg at Paris Saint-Germain last week, five times less than the number ordinarily drawn by ITV.

UEFA are apparently happy with the production supplied by BT, but not with the viewing figures which are a direct knock-on effect of matches being shown exclusively on a subscription service.

The tender for the next cycle of Champions League rights are set to return again later this year, with ITV or another terrestrial network expected to return to the bidding for part of the rights.

Sky and BT will likely do battle for the subscription part of the deal.

Watching tonights match and we saw European football at it's best...........if they were all like that then there would be no complaints

It's down to the quality of play on the field

Yes, I think there is something in this. 

Champions League is an inflated bubble. Greed increased game count and TV money depends on 'blockbuster' TV viewing figures, irrespective of actual eye balls. It's surreal how much of the big bucks rests on a 'John Law' model of economics. 

Archived