Totally bored with Champions League and International Breaks

Hammys goal celebrations

Hammys goal celebrations

Is it just me or am I the only one who gets annoyed by by Scottish games not being televised because of boring, 'who cares' matches being played in the Champions League, I also get a bit irked by International Breaks which keep matches I would like to view off the TV, I mean who cares about a televised match between Albania v some place that sounds like 'Specky Stan'? Come to think of it, watching Scotland hasn't exactly been a joy for many years, I could get quite excited when our national side contained several really top players but, who in the present setup comes into that category? there's no Dalgleish, Jordan, Law, Mackay, Baxter, Bremner, Lorimer or Jimmy Johnstones around nowadays, so let me at least  be allowed to watch the Jambos and not have all this boring ^^^^ forced upon me.

I literally can't wait till all the G16 clubs just pack up and Eff off to their own little planet.  Utterly loathe it all.  Have no interest in the 'Champions' league.  Hate everything about it and all that sail in her.

I really want Leicester to win the league but fear they may 'change' accordingly.

Give me Scottish games on tv anytime although a lot on here prefer watching the European teams... their choice

Four things i just don't get in life.

1. People who drink Energy Drinks

2. People who put sugar in their tea and cereal

3. People who watch Game of Thrones

4. People who give a shit about the El Classico

chester copperpot

I only watch the CL as they have a TV monopoly on the nights that it is on.

I hate how the divide is getting bigger between the top 10 odd clubs and the rest.

I know Im adding to the viewing figures, but I never pay for the service so always get it free.

I hate the competition these days and as soon as the English clubs are out, my interest goes with it.

two brilliant Champions League games on tonight .. but kinda catch your drift

The odd game is still good

And some teams still provide interest

Not bad fixtures this week.

The Internet

Champions league is still alright (would obviously rather watch Hearts) but I'd be quite happy if international football just disappeared completely. 

GMEdinburgh

Just noticed the West Ham vs Man U is on BBC one tomorrow night. I though no live games could be shown when the Champions League was on. Like the hibs/Hearts Scottish Cup replay.

Jambof3tornado

Just noticed the West Ham vs Man U is on BBC one tomorrow night. I though no live games could be shown when the Champions League was on. Like the hibs/Hearts Scottish Cup replay.

Depends on who is asking.

Hammys goal celebrations

I kinda get it when people on here say that there's a good championship game on tonight, or that they lose interest when the English big guns get knocked out of the competition but I'd much prefer to be watching Hearts play ICT tonight or even be allowed to cheer on Falkirk when they crush the Hibbys.

We_are_the_Hearts

It's the SFAs fault. As long as it doesn't kick off at the same time it can be shown. 

hmfc_liam06

There's only one S in Clasico.

Ooooft. Kinda demonstrates my disdain for it.

I don't look forward to CL matches, however I will watch them if I get the chance to. Usually because there is nothing better on.

letsalldothebeattie

I haven't watched the Champions League all season don't have BT and not been too bothered by any game enough to go to the pub. I may go watch the final depending on who it's between.

I watched avidly growing up and loving it but in the last 3/4 years I've gradually got bored of it and watched less and less. I would rather sit and watch a game from any of the Scottish leagues over a champions league tie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Slim Stylee

And his use of "the" in front of "El" is redundant as "El" in this case is the definite article. Plonker.:)

Its starting to seem like 'football' fans are sick and tired of the champions league and it is basically just a marketing exercise for like 16 clubs. 

I mean who actually gives a **** about it anymore ? It seems like its just made to sell to 3rd world countries. Thats where all your 'man u' 'real' and 'barca' fans are...

And his use of "the" in front of "El" is redundant as "El" in this case is the definite article. Plonker. :)

... but he's right about giving a ....

Apart from Hearts (unless we are playing a friendly/reserve team) I'd 100% rather watch the best players in the world strut their stuff. The quality of football doesn't even compare. As for the Clasico story, the 2 best players in the world playing or watching some shan attendance at Fir Park with a brown pitch vs a shite Partick side. Any real fan of the beautiful game would pick 1 winner there. Scottish football is horrific.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Fort Vallance

Champions league is still alright (would obviously rather watch Hearts) but I'd be quite happy if international football just disappeared completely. 

Exactly where I'm at.

I'm not fussed for the Champions League at this stage, as it's just an exhibition of rich clubs, albeit with some quality football but with a lot of annoying cheating players too.. If there's nothing else on, I'll have it on in the background. I'll probably make a little effort to watch the final..

The TV rule is sickening (even if there's a way around it by kicking off earlier). Champions League TV coverage is exclusive to premium TV these days, but we're still not allowed to air, say, BBC coverage of a Scottish league game at the same time.

I sometimes wonder if life would be better if we just gave UEFA two fingers and did our own thing. Maybe see if any Scandinavian leagues would be up for the same, setting up a new cross country tournament. Probably means Scotland wouldn't be allowed to compete at the Euros or WC though, but it's not as if we'll be missed.

John Findlay

You forgot people that attend church:-)

Nookie Bear

Apart from Hearts (unless we are playing a friendly/reserve team) I'd 100% rather watch the best players in the world strut their stuff. The quality of football doesn't even compare. As for the Clasico story, the 2 best players in the world playing or watching some shan attendance at Fir Park with a brown pitch vs a shite Partick side. Any real fan of the beautiful game would pick 1 winner there. Scottish football is horrific.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

The "Scottish football is horrific" chat is tedious.

You can't separate Hearts from Scottish football so we are horrific too...I certainly don't believe that.

The "Scottish football is horrific" chat is tedious.

You can't separate Hearts from Scottish football so we are horrific too...I certainly don't believe that.

Scottish football IS horrific yet the reason I watch Hearts is because I love them. Doesn't get away from the fact that the technical ability of Scottish football and the lack of money/crowds/ability/pitches IS HORRIFIC. Hearts included in some of the above.

Nookie Bear

Scottish football IS horrific yet the reason I watch Hearts is because I love them. Doesn't get away from the fact that the technical ability of Scottish football and the lack of money/crowds/ability/pitches IS HORRIFIC. Hearts included in some of the above.

It is what it is. Football.on a shoestring budget...it's not *that* bad considering.

Bridge of Djoum

I'm with you here. I might miss the World Cup, but overall, I couldn't give a monkey's about international football.

It is what it is. Football.on a shoestring budget...it's not *that* bad considering.

It really is. SO much could be solved without a change in budget. An English league 1 side will sell out before the majority of top-flight Scottish teams because of the lack of talent and home grown talent due to the terrible coaching styles we install in youngsters. Scottish football cares more about physicality than footballing technique and ability.

Hate international football until the fina?s.

I was getting bored of champions league until this season

Seeing different teams against City and most of the games have been great made it better for me.

No interest in Spanish or German football.

SPL and EPL I watch and on the whole enjoy.

Championship in Scotland and England no interest until play offs.

Each to their own though.

I have a few teams in Europe I like watching, and loads of players, but I'm not really that fussed about watching the Champions League on TV.

If I got an offer of a ticket to Juve vs Real Madrid, or Bayern vs Ajax, etc.  I'd be very excited though.

This thread :rofl: International football disappearing completely :rofl: my god some folk really do live in a hearts bubble eh?

International football is complete shite tbf. 

Agreed, and sadly, most 'Big Time' players feel the same.  They would rather be in the Vile Champs League.  Managers too.  A manager would rather manage a Champions League club than their national team. I'd feel no loss if International football was put to bed.

What big time players have told you they don't want to play for their country? International football put to bed :rofl: i usually just let you get on with doing your thing but my god you are so incredibly stupid :lol:

What big time players have told you they don't want to play for their country? International football put to bed :rofl: i usually just let you get on with doing your thing but my god you are so incredibly stupid :lol:

Sorry, I meant they would rather play Champions League than represent their country, I clearly stated this. International football has been properly devalued by the Champions League.

Please say where I said "did not want"

Thanks,

Stupid

jack D and coke

I'll always watch Scotland games and I like the international tournaments a lot.

The champions league though holds next to no interest for me now I watched the Hibs Falkirk on Tuesday night instead of CL.

I might be a bit more interested now Athletico have knocked Barca out. I hope City or their likes never get their hands on it.

I'll always watch Scotland games and I like the international tournaments a lot.

The champions league though holds next to no interest for me now I watched the Hibs Falkirk on Tuesday night instead of CL.

I might be a bit more interested now Athletico have knocked Barca out. I hope City or their likes never get their hands on it.

Hos did you get a stream? Where you there? I was wanting to watch that but had to go old school with the wireless.

jack D and coke

Hos did you get a stream? Where you there? I was wanting to watch that but had to go old school with the wireless.

Kodi mate. Sportsmania[emoji1360]

Kodi mate. Sportsmania[emoji1360]

I have that.  I know I should ask this question on the thread in the shed but everytime I go to that it asks for an access code.  I just use UKTurk or SportsDevil  :thumbsdown:

jack D and coke

I have that. I know I should ask this question on the thread in the shed but everytime I go to that it asks for an access code. I just use UKTurk or SportsDevil :thumbsdown:

It's a subs based one. I can give you the details of you like? Basically ?1 a week and outstanding.

It's a subs based one. I can give you the details of you like? Basically ?1 a week and outstanding.

I'd really appreciate if you could PM me details.  Thanks so much

I find CL football extremely tedious. Once it was made the exclusive preserve of rich clubs (as has effectively happened) I lost all interest. They're now talking openly of giving certain clubs entry even if they don't qualify via their league position. That's not a competition, it's a stitch-up.

football is a soul less sport these days, nothing but a money game. I very rarely watch any football, Scotland, fav English team(Leeds), european fitba, highlight packages, I have no feelings for a game that is a case of them and us set up, a gap that is un bridgeable and the only time I watch football live/on tv is when hearts are playing. that has changed since the turn of the year with Leicester, watch any game they play since then, its like a smattering of romance has been put back into the game, back when it was a fans game and not a financial gurus pet project, it is only a smattering mind you.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

football is a soul less sport these days, nothing but a money game. I very rarely watch any football, Scotland, fav English team(Leeds), european fitba, highlight packages, I have no feelings for a game that is a case of them and us set up, a gap that is un bridgeable and the only time I watch football live/on tv is when hearts are playing. that has changed since the turn of the year with Leicester, watch any game they play since then, its like a smattering of romance has been put back into the game, back when it was a fans game and not a financial gurus pet project, it is only a smattering mind you.

Look at the amount of shite that's going off at Leeds just now and it's easy to understand why people lose interest. Total circus,

jack D and coke

The football even up here has lost something too. My passion for Hearts is probably at its lowest and I can't quite put my finger on why. I've been to one game since we lost to Hibs and I'm seriously considering not renewing next season and just picking and choosing my games and doing more away games. That's the enjoyment for me, the bus, the beers and a laugh the football is just a reason to get on it these days.

Archived