Blackpool boss being lined up for Leicester job - Davies options getting smaller ?

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Simon Grayson favourite for the Leicester job now.Must leave us as Davies only real option of a job anytime soon.Wonder if he will pick up the phone now.

Clerry Jambo
Simon Grayson favourite for the Leicester job now.Must leave us as Davies only real option of a job anytime soon.Wonder if he will pick up the phone now.

Would love to see Davies installed as Manager but the longer the silence from upstairs I fear it's very unlikely he will get the gig.:sad:

Drylaw Hearts

LC have now approached MK Dons for permission to speak to Paul Ince.

IMO if we wanted BD or JJ we would have had them by now. Still hopeful of getting someone decent in but i doubt it will be a name that has been mentioned.

vegas-voss

Ah well my info aint up to date.I read it on BBCi but that was from this mornings papers.Either way it looks like their interest in Davies has cooled.

Leicester City. A team that have been relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time.

To think that I was told on here that we should not go for Ince.

frankblack

The fact that more than six months have passed since Davies was sacked at Derby, and the fact he hasn't been lined up for any jobs since is a bit concerning.

If Davies is such a talented manager, why are clubs not lining up to hire him?

jose mourinho was out a job longer. no one can doubt his talents

IMO if we wanted BD or JJ we would have had them by now. Still hopeful of getting someone decent in but i doubt it will be a name that has been mentioned.

Dont know if the club has spoken to BDs agent but I suspect, whether hes capable or not, his attitude may not have helped his cause.

As for JJ, he's still on Holiday I believe, although I imagine he will have his phone with him ;)

Denny Crane

Maybe the reason that Leicester han't appointed Davies just yet is that he hasn't bothered to...erm....give them a call?

Every day that passes makes me feel like we are not going to get a manager in.

Got to agree unfortunately. Even if we do, it won't be one that makes us happy which is incredibly frustrating.

alwaysthereinspirit

Of course we'll get a manager in. We just wont have heard of him.

Perfectly feasible that after the McGhee debacle, Hearts are keeping their mouth shut over the manager search to try and avoid more embarrassment.

marshallschunkychicken
The fact that more than six months have passed since Davies was sacked at Derby, and the fact he hasn't been lined up for any jobs since is a bit concerning.

Because he's an arrogant erse who deems himself above applying for jobs....

Guest jambomickey

billy davies wouldnt stand for romanov telling him his job. billy davies forgot more about football than romanov knows

Of course we'll get a manager in. We just wont have heard of him.

Nah, I dont think the club can sell that to the punters and I imagine C.O and S.F are well aware of that

Ivan Drago

If we haven't approached BD yet i'm convinced we're getting Kookaburra. Or even Frail (is he still there or what? :confused:)

Love the thread title by the way, soon Davies may be left with no choice - kill himself or take the Hearts job!! :cry_smile:

Drylaw Hearts
Davies doesn't seem to be first choice anywhere.

That doesn't surprise me.

colinmaroon
That doesn't surprise me.

Nor me!!!

I really believe that he is vastly over-rated, and his handling of press conferences after the Derby games, season past, made me cringe.

I really don't want him, which has probably been the 'tick in time' that the Almighty has been waiting for to have him appointed as Hearts' manager!

"Told you before, Colin! You're spending too much time on this football malarky when there's serious work to be done! Look what I had to do to get you down off cloud nine in 2005!!!"

Charlie-Brown

Davies comments last week were just bizarre - he's one of dozens of out of work football managers but he won't apply for jobs, he won't make the first phone call, neither does he believe he should have to do an interview (as he said about Scotland's selection process)........how does this guy ever seriously expect to get a job in what is a very competitive job market if he won't even put himself forward for jobs? (except by touting himself in the papers)

Do you think he'd bother to apply if the Gers job was available?

Skippy Doodle

do we really want davies or levein or mcghee for that matter?

we would be lucky to have them for any more than one season before they head on back down south to prove their critics wrong.Get jj back!

marshallschunkychicken
billy davies wouldnt stand for romanov telling him his job. billy davies forgot more about football than romanov knows

Is that you, Billy? :laugh:

Archived