U20 v Dundee

Clerry Jambo

Robbie Neilson

Good to see Jon Daly has picked up where that joker Jack Ross left off eh :rofl:

Levein appointing a pal will hurt us in the long term imo

Good to see Jon Daly has picked up where that joker Jack Ross left off eh :rofl:

:facepalm:

Jambof3tornado

Nonsense.

Our academy setup is going to take a while to get back to where it should be.

Did you not piss off for a while or have I just been lucky missing your posts?

colinmaroon

Blaitherwart!!!

Footballfirst

Whats the average age of the 2 teams? Hopefully we will continue to develop and build our younger squads. This is where our going bust has had a longer lasting impact in my opinion.

16 and 17 year old should be playing against lads their own ages. The u20s should be mostly 19 year olds but our squad sizes push lads forward before they are ready. Given a few more years our youth teams should be back to where we want them. If we unearth a few gems in the meantime then great.

Hearts 17 Years and 139 days

Ross Co. - 19 years and 226 days

So an average of 2 years 2 months 27 days man for man difference.between the teams.

Even excluding the overage Tony Dingwall (21y 8m) their average only drops to 19 years and 153 days

Footballfirst

I thought that Hearts did a bit better in the second half as the subs had a positive impact.  County still had their chances and hit the post and had another cleared off the line, but after Hearts got the goal back they finished the better side with a few decent efforts and another penalty claim turned down, in addition to Lewis Moore's well worked goal.

Best for Hearts were subs Andy Irving and Ally Roy, although Russell McLean looked to have his best game in a while.

Daniel Baur only got into the game in the last 20 minutes when he started making runs forward out of defence.

Tough shift for the youngsters but as a glass half full kinda guy I saw enough positives to be upbeat. Most notably playing good football throughout, at times maybe overplaying but in the second half especially some of our passing and moving was first class. Attitude was first class, as someone suggested earlier I too worried about young heads going down but there was no evidence of that with all keen to get on the ball and young Danny Baur typifying confidence with numerous Hen Broon style surges forward. Introduction of Roy up front and Irving in centre midfield gave renewed impetus after the break. County probably took foot off gas and even then might have had one or two more but our kids kept at it and were playing at a high tempo right to the end. Fox and Daly appeared relatively quiet on the bench (compared to County) Craig Levein in stand. Disappointing result but no bad entertainment for 3 sheets

Ah,

Maybe

Playing younger players has hurt results recently

We were heading towards 5th/6th in league till recently

But some good prospects Baur, Reid for example.

Only need a few to come through

Liam Smith has come in this season. That's okay. But the aim is to have better players come through in next few years. But it will take time.

Jambof3tornado

Hearts 17 Years and 139 days

Ross Co. - 19 years and 226 days

So an average of 2 years 2 months 27 days man for man difference.between the teams.

Even excluding the overage Tony Dingwall (21y 8m) their average only drops to 19 years and 153 days

Thanks for the figures FF. Bigger gap yhat I expected and does perhaps explain results over the course of the season. Think the development of players that can slot into the 1st team (like smith),is more important than scores but to the young lads it could be a little demoralising.

I'd expect to see a gradual improvement over the next 2 or 3 years as thinks get back to normal.

Footballfirst

I believe that Liam Henderson is hoping to sign for Falkirk at the end of the season, while Sean McKirdy may have other options.

I thought that Hearts did a bit better in the second half as the subs had a positive impact. County still had their chances and hit the post and had another cleared off the line, but after Hearts got the goal back they finished the better side with a few decent efforts and another penalty claim turned down, in addition to Lewis Moore's well worked goal.

Best for Hearts were subs Andy Irving and Ally Roy, although Russell McLean looked to have his best game in a while.

Daniel Baur only got into the game in the last 20 minutes when he started making runs forward out of defence.

a bit better 2nd half what game where you watching ? as it could easily have been double figures

Futurejambo1

Great news on Henderson, his overall game has really improved in the last few months, best of luck to hm and Sean wherever they end up in the next stage of their football careers.

I thought McLean played well considering that's his first 90 minutes this year. Although he never got much opportunity to score, he provided an excellent assist for Moore's goal. The young lad Irving looked very good when he came on second half. I believe he's going full-time next season along with Reid. Yes, we fielded a young team but some of the U17's got the chance to show what they are capable of even at this standard.

I thought that Hearts did a bit better in the second half as the subs had a positive impact. County still had their chances and hit the post and had another cleared off the line, but after Hearts got the goal back they finished the better side with a few decent efforts and another penalty claim turned down, in addition to Lewis Moore's well worked goal.

Archived