U20 v Dundee

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Meanwhile, Jon Daly?s development team are in action away to Dundee today. The match will be played at Links Park, Montrose, with a 2pm kick-off.

Footballfirst

Will it be a more experienced side today perhaps?

I doubt it with the first team playing ICT tomorrow.

Very unlikely with 3 first team games in a week.

disgruntledfan

Will be a very young team today, average age will be around 17. 

Good luck to the young ones as Dundee normally field a good few overagers.

The Future's Maroon

First team call ups. Suggests the sfa isn't letting us off with this bug thing

Doesn't seem like it.

Good for some to get game time though.

Clerry Jambo

I agree with most that the game wont be cancelled, but I think Hearts are just doing the sensible thing and postponing the 20'S game incase they need the younger players.

I agree with most that the game wont be cancelled, but I think Hearts are just doing the sensible thing and postponing the 20'S game incase they need the younger players.

Evening News says game postponed during warm up.

Team coach is diverting to Montrose to pick some of them up. Baur, Morrison and Buchanan had already been withdrawn as cover for tomorrow.

Footballfirst

Celtic just clinched the development league this evening after beating St Johnstone 2-0, with 7 games to spare.

Their record is as good as I've seen at this level.

P 25 W 23 D 2 L 0 F 61 A 11 Diff +50 Pts 71.

stirlingshirejambo

Celtic just clinched the development league this evening after beating St Johnstone 2-0, with 7 games to spare.

Not much point though if they don't allow players to progress to the first team

Tierney apart and to a lesser extent mcgregor have they had anyone come through since Forrest?

Footballfirst

Not much point though if they don't allow players to progress to the first team

Tierney apart and to a lesser extent mcgregor have they had anyone come through since Forrest?

James Keatings, Liam Henderson (on loan) and Dylan McGeouch at Hibs, Jackson Irvine at Ross County, Darnell Fisher (loan) at St Johnstone and Stuart Findlay (loan) at Kilmarnock are the most notable ones since Forrest. It's not a great record for a club that has had first call on just about every promising player in Scotland.

Celtic used a fair share of overage players earlier in the season with Scott Allan, Ryan Chistie, GMS and Tomas Rogic all contributing to their success.

Just a pity they have to get man city youth players to play in their first team

Hearts heading for anywhere between sixth and 17th and bottom depending on results. 6 points away from both just now. 4 games to play.

stirlingshirejambo

James Keatings, Liam Henderson (on loan) and Dylan McGeouch at Hibs, Jackson Irvine at Ross County, Darnell Fisher (loan) at St Johnstone and Stuart Findlay (loan) at Kilmarnock are the most notable ones since Forrest. It's not a great record for a club that has had first call on just about every promising player in Scotland.

Celtic used a fair share of overage players earlier in the season with Scott Allan, Ryan Chistie, GMS and Tomas Rogic all contributing to their success.

I'm not doubting they produce good players

The representation at all international youth levels show that but why do they bother if they want to let these kids go on to other teams

Footballfirst

Ah okay I knew he was on loan but I thought he could still play for the U20's. Any teamnews yet?

Very young side again. Even I'm beginning to wonder if it's worthwhile attending these games when we aren't putting out even a moderately competitive side.

Tony Dingwall is the only overage player but they average about two years older than Hearts.

Tony Dingwall from Dingwall? :lol:

Footballfirst

Fairly even game up to the goal. Henderson looked to have a good claim for a penalty but the ref mysteriously gave a foul against him.

Now 2-0

HT we've had a lot of the ball but rarely if ever looked like penetrating. Couple of corners and one shot I can think od. I will defer to others with greater knowledge of this scene but we certainly appear younger, County stronger and more robust throughout

He's a solid unit, does a fair bit of talking and wins his fair share of the ball. Distribution a bit hit or miss and caught out of position once or twice. Booked for a late challenge.

2 subs at HT Roy and Irving for McDonald and Baxter

Footballfirst

How is Jahmal looking in defence?

A bit tentative after getting booked for his first foul early in the game.

Roy and Irving on for Baxter and Mcdonald at the start of the second half.

Jambo 4 Ever

Would it not be worth giving Hamilton a game In goals in year sorts of games to test him out!?

Futurejambo1

Feel for the youngsters at the back, Baur in particular has had a good season but they have conceded a lot of goals recently and it must be effecting confidence. Want to end the season on a high but the strongest team may not play together before the final !

Jambof3tornado

Whats the average age of the 2 teams? Hopefully we will continue to develop and build our younger squads. This is where our going bust has had a longer lasting impact in my opinion.

16 and 17 year old should be playing against lads their own ages. The u20s should be mostly 19 year olds but our squad sizes push lads forward before they are ready. Given a few more years our youth teams should be back to where we want them. If we unearth a few gems in the meantime then great.

Footballfirst

Whats the average age of the 2 teams? Hopefully we will continue to develop and build our younger squads. This is where our going bust has had a longer lasting impact in my opinion.

16 and 17 year old should be playing against lads their own ages. The u20s should be mostly 19 year olds but our squad sizes push lads forward before they are ready. Given a few more years our youth teams should be back to where we want them. If we unearth a few gems in the meantime then great.

I'll work out the ages when I get home.

Archived