FANS LOYALITY !!!!

Fxxx the SPFL

Fxxx the SPFL

Good article on page 49 of Metro about Bosnian supporters (remember them Zelzinecar) thier boss was sacked the fans protested and only 12 tickets were sold for the teams next friendly match, instead more than 15,000 turned up at a charity match hosted by the sacked boss, mayb'e we should have done this after the Burley sacking methinks too late now !!!!

:eek:

It seems Bosnian fans have a spine.

Nah AP,their just not "real supporters" thats all,glory hunting hobo muppets.

Drylaw Hearts
Good article on page 49 of Metro about Bosnian supporters (remember them Zelzinecar) thier boss was sacked the fans protested and only 12 tickets were sold for the teams next friendly match, instead more than 15,000 turned up at a charity match hosted by the sacked boss, mayb'e we should have done this after the Burley sacking methinks too late now !!!!

In hindsight we should have.

We also should have done more when Elvis was 'dropped'.

"Cowards fight when they can run no further"

We were only interested in ourselves at these dark moments and we're paying for it now imo.

Pants Shaton
In hindsight we should have.

We also should have done more when Elvis was 'dropped'.

"Cowards fight when they can run no further"

We were only interested in ourselves at these dark moments and we're paying for it now imo.

Completely agree. I was led to believe that the 'Riccarton 3' were disappointed by the lack of solidarity shown by the fans.

As for fan loyalty - Average home attendance of approx 16,000 for a club which finished 8th in the SPL - that surely must be a record?

Wasn't he the manager of the international side?

As for the Burley thing, I disagree. We had little idea as to what was going in the background of the club. Given that VR had appointed Burley we had every right to trust in him and wait and see what he did next.

The ensuing 18 months were nothing short of a shambles. Anytime after that (IMO) we could have seen some sort of protest.

We are edging closer to it now though, just ask anybody attempting to sell the left over season tickets.

Even spineless gutless feardy cat hearts supporters have a breaking point...... i'd bet we're not too far away from "protest point".

Ivan Drago

As for the Burley thing, I disagree. We had little idea as to what was going in the background of the club. Given that VR had appointed Burley we had every right to trust in him and wait and see what he did next.

The ensuing 18 months were nothing short of a shambles. Anytime after that (IMO) we could have seen some sort of protest.

We are edging closer to it now though, just ask anybody attempting to sell the left over season tickets.

I think a lot of people probably did but just didn't want to accept it.

Sacking an unbeaten manager is mental, but perhaps understandable, by teams like Chelsea, REal Madrid, Barcelona etcs standards, but for a club like Hearts to do so it is unforgiveable.

I think a lot of people probably did but just didn't want to accept it.

Sacking an unbeaten manager is mental, but perhaps understandable, by teams like Chelsea, REal Madrid, Barcelona etcs standards, but for a club like Hearts to do so it is unforgiveable.

See, that is not just the issue though.

We all kinda know now that the whole "drink and neices" stuff about Burley was simply a smokescreen to get rid of him, but there are things a manager could do to ruin his job chances that are off-field.

Was it bad of us to trust our new owner to make the correct decision? Do we really need to know the in's and out's of what goes on behind closed doors at Riccarton? I believed that there was a reason, I hoped that he did it for a real reason. NOW it turns out he did it because he was his own man, that is unforgiveable.

Ivan Drago
See, that is not just the issue though.

We all kinda know now that the whole "drink and neices" stuff about Burley was simply a smokescreen to get rid of him, but there are things a manager could do to ruin his job chances that are off-field.

Was it bad of us to trust our new owner to make the correct decision? Do we really need to know the in's and out's of what goes on behind closed doors at Riccarton? I believed that there was a reason, I hoped that he did it for a real reason. NOW it turns out he did it because he was his own man, that is unforgiveable.

True, hindsight is a wonderful thing indeed.

bighalders

Season ticket purchasing or lack of is the only way to protest for Hearts fans. For some reason no one wants to protest in the traditional way i.e. SOH etc. and perhaps not buying a ticket and not giving our numpty owner any money is the best protest of all. If there is no manager by 30 June I hope season ticket sales reflect this

Pants Shaton
Not enough loyal fans, that's our problem.

3rd biggest crowds watching the 8th best team - it's not bad.

Not enough loyal fans, that's our problem.

Plenty loyal fans but way to many muppets and neds :rolleyes:

Do you know where hell is

And then what happened? You have to have a plan b. I dont want nor do i like vlad but the idea that save our hearts worked and that the fans can save the club if only we protest or boycott is a very simple notion. I dont have the answers and neither do any of you lot, yet some seem more than willing to blame other fans for not being ready to make a stand.

If you feel this is the way forward and have a viable alternative then i suggets you be the one to organise the protests and we will see how many "cowards" come out.

scott herbertson

I think it is very difficult to judge for fans when they should act against an owner/board

A litmus test could be if the owner/board is endangering the assets the club needs to operate

a) the stadium

B) the playing side

I put them in that order because so often with clubs the property issuee has been paramount

We had a) with Robinson and quite rightly we took to the streets and went to war

It is harder with B)

Why = because as long as a) exists, the club itself is not in any imminent danger of going out of existence

Therefore it is harder to get unanimity on a B) type campaign

You can't count me in though if the stadium ideas are dropped

Captain America

My memory might be wrong here, but the game after Riccarton Press Conference, i sure there was reports on Radio Scotland that Hearts fans were planning on walking out after 15-20mins if Pressley, Hartley and Gordon were dropped but as they played never occured.

After Burley left there was so much confusion that protest was never really in order.

Just my 2 cents worth.

The main thing is that their chairman isn't holding their club by the hehaws and really Vlad could just wind us up.

That and the fact that we're pretty placid people really. Ask yourself if Septic or Rancid fans would accept the current state we're in... NO! they'd be protesting and marching and not attending. We on the other hand obey the mighty Vlad for fear of losing out on the promised dream.

I'd love it if our fans had the testicular fortitude to protest in this manner but the point is we have far too many different factions and nothing is ever properly organised. If the protest was printed and reported in the national press and the Hearts fans got wind of it early enough then maybe just maybe we'd only sell 12 tickets for our next home friendly.

Alas we're just :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

To suggest that most fans are cowards is just far too simplistic a way to look at it considering the amount of confusion there has been over almost every perceived issue or problem at the club. I think the lack of any real protest is down to two core things, firstly the lack of any real facts relating to the most important subjects (things most likely to have the fans up in arms) and secondly, the knowledge that Vlad has us by the short and curlies. In addition to protests perhaps being ultimately pointless, they could also have repercussions which would leave us in a worse state than they are at present.

I don't know where the breaking point is but like others, I suspect that it's not too far off now and I could only guess that it would take a serious issue as mentioned above minus the confusion before we'd see people lose the rag completely. We'll just have to wait and see whether it comes to that or not.

But what really IS bugging the life out of me are the comments endlessly being made about Hearts fans being weak, spineless and dismissive if they're not sitting on Kickback demanding protests and slagging off everyone and everything connected to the club. WTF is that about? I haven't yet heard of ONE person trying to get some sort of protest organised yet every day we have to sit and listen to people badmouthing anyone who doesn't support the idea. There isn't a bloody protest to support in the first place! If avoiding ridicule means that you have to publicly state your support for a protest, then I'm happy to face that. Because right now, I just hear people bleating on and on and on about how others are sheep for not organising something that they can't be bothered or perhaps don't have the necessary conviction to organise themselves.

If you want a protest - go and sort one out. Simple as that. Instead of labelling all fans as spineless, give them the opportunity to do something and then we'll really see how many fans share your views...or don't...

We're numpties.

Ultimately, we're just like all aspects of the club from boardroom through to bootroom - Leaderless and rudderless.

Until anything changes on any of those fronts we will achieve nothing, we as fans or the club as a whole.

The silence from the club is so deafening it's making me mentally unwell thinking about all the possible goings on. I wish the club or indeed V Romanov would come out and say something, anything, even if it is only a stupid "press are monkeys" type stunt or what I'd really like - A coherent account of where we are on his radar thesedays and a confirmation or acknowledgement of what he intends to do with his Scottish toy.

On a side note, does anyone know if Rixxy's book is out yet? Hope to feck there's no confidentially clauses invoked but even if Rix or any other former HMFC Romanov employee does reveal something earth-shattering or even confirms what we think we know, I'll bet there are those amongst us who would attempt to discredit anything anyone might state to the negative.

The last sentence of the previous paragraph is perhaps why nothing is likely to happen as regards a fans revolt. This lack of reality and integrity runs right through our club at the moment actually.

I have to disagree with you here. Vlad had no where near enough shares to be in a position to appoint Burley. I would say he had little to no influence in this appointment at all. He was unwilling to show his hand until he had full and complete control of Hearts, so at best nodded his head in agreement.

What he did 2 days after he had full control is pretty obvious.

He sacked Burley

The rest as they say is history

Boab Mugabe

I think the Hearts support are a lot like the players - simply do not care or have the stomach for a fight. In other footballing circles, what is going on would simply not be accepted and the support would let the club know all about it. Thing is, the type of reaction that would get the cause noticed would probably not be condoned by too many. No balloons or sheets which get used as paper aeroplanes would make VR change.

The differences with the SoH days were that there was a hope for a 'white knight' owner and that we could force Pieman's hand. The game has totally changed now. VR has us by the short and curlies and everybody knows it.

I have to disagree with you here. Vlad had no where near enough shares to be in a position to appoint Burley. I would say he had little to no influence in this appointment at all. He was unwilling to show his hand until he had full and complete control of Hearts, so at best nodded his head in agreement.

He sacked Burley

Okay, I will concede that.

As for the emboldened section, are you suggesting that you agree with the post I quoted? If so you are suggesting that Hearts fans, including yourself should have went native at that point and protested to the sacking of Burley?

There is a fair bit of revisionism going on in this thread. Vlad didn't have enough shares to appoint Burley ? Then who the hell did ? It wasn't me !

Burley's sacking had nothing to do with neices and booze ? Perhaps, perhaps not. I have no idea and nor does anyone else outside Vlad's inner sanctum.

If a protest is to succeed we need to be clear about what we are protesting about and rewriting history doesn't help.

bighalders

As for the emboldened section, are you suggesting that you agree with the post I quoted? If so you are suggesting that Hearts fans, including yourself should have went native at that point and protested to the sacking of Burley?

Yes, we should have "gone native" the moment Burley was sacked. That was the time that proved beyond doubt to anyone with any sense that Vlad was not capable of running Hearts and his 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 mistakes since prove this.

Guest JamboRobbo

With hinsight, yes it is. But easy to say with hindsight.

IMO, by the time of Pressley and Riccarton 3 statement, it didn't take hindsight to see it anymore.....

Guest JamboRobbo
There is a fair bit of revisionism going on in this thread. Vlad didn't have enough shares to appoint Burley ? Then who the hell did ? It wasn't me !

The board. Vlad didn't have the majority of shares at that point. The day after he got the majority, he fired burley....

The board. Vlad didn't have the majority of shares at that point. The day after he got the majority, he fired burley....

But the board knew that Vlad would become the majority shareholder. They would never have dared appoint someone without Vlads approval.

bighalders

IMO, by the time of Pressley and Riccarton 3 statement, it didn't take hindsight to see it anymore.....

Hindsight has nothing to do with it, the way Vlad was running the club back at the time of Burleys sacking proved he was incapable and was going to potentially destroy us and unfortunatley that has been the case. Too many ignored the problems becasue we still won the cup and finished 2nd but the truth is we could have done so much more (without wanting to insight the " we would have won the league with Burley in charge" argument)

Guest JamboRobbo
But the board knew that Vlad would become the majority shareholder. They would never have dared appoint someone without Vlads approval.

I don't really know what the board would dare or not dare to do. All I know is, we appointed Burley before Vlad had majority control (so others had votes), and the day after Vlad took full control, he sacked Burley.

Those are the facts. The rest is speculation.

walton1983

He sacked Burley

Results are everything in football and at that stage results were great. Fans were still believing that Romanov was some sort of god who was promising everything and anything. There was no need for protest or so we thought.:sad:

I don't really know what the board would dare or not dare to do. All I know is, we appointed Burley before Vlad had majority control (so others had votes), and the day after Vlad took full control, he sacked Burley.

Those are the facts. The rest is speculation.

Nit picking JR. It is inconceivable that a substantial minority shareholder intent on achieving full control would not be fully consulted on such an important appointment. That is the way the business world works.

The only way to get change is to hold a protest behind the main stand.

Anyone;)

I'll bet there are those amongst us who would attempt to discredit anything anyone might state to the negative.

The last sentence of the previous paragraph is perhaps why nothing is likely to happen as regards a fans revolt. This lack of reality and integrity runs right through our club at the moment actually.

I wholeheartedly agree. The number of Quislings and Alistair Campbells that infect these forums have been the biggest barrier to any sort of fan action or unity. The constant spinning and sniping combined with their mob tactics has shamelessly undermined any negative thereads or calls to action.

The Riccarton 3 thing is a prime example. Their cry before that was that we didn't know what was happening. Afterwards, amid cries of unproffesionalism, Prhessly bull and prima donnas it was "Yawn" nothing new. The same thing has been repeated ad infinitum until only a few people like JR have the stamina to continue these roundabout debates.

OK I already know the reply to that. It'll be along the lines of "that's just an opinion" etc. :hobofish:

See that statement there,that say's it all.

No one knew just how rutheless he was,they must have had a wee incline of how he worked after the way he treated Robbo,but no one really knew just how potty the guy was at that time.

As others have said ,hindsight is a great thing,how things could have been different if only we knew, like everyone else we didn't.

That is why the then board "dared" appoint anyone without Vlads full blessing.

That would have been amazing if we'd done that. We would have won the league that year if Burley stayed

John Gentleman
See that statement there,that say's it all.

No one knew just how rutheless he was,they must have had a wee incline of how he worked after the way he treated Robbo,but no one really knew just how potty the guy was at that time.

As others have said ,hindsight is a great thing,how things could have been different if only we knew, like everyone else we didn't.

That is why the then board "dared" appoint anyone without Vlads full blessing.

.....and how did he treat Robbo exactly? When Robbo got the bullet Vlad was approached by the Hootsman/EEN. He was quoted as saying, "I'm not surprised; the team wasn't doing very well". Thus by implication, the then Board were responsible for the Robbo decision, not the then promisare who was making lots of noises, but did not control the Board (directly or indirectly).

Thus JR's assertion re. the appointment of Burley is, IMHO, spot on. VR couldn't handle the accolades that Burley was receiving and a mere 48hrs after gaining a majority stake shafted him, followed shortly thereafter by Fireworks Phil. Two of the best executive appointments Hearts have ever made, again IMHO. Then the unpaid, loyal Dodie (forget about politics for a moment) felt compelled to go. The rest is documented history - downhill all the way.

When the White Knightonov rode into town I had the the temerity to suggest on this forum that if "something seems too good to be true, then in all probability it is." In return, a barrel of bricks descended on ma' heid. Mostly from the posters on Mozzer's Happy Train, IIRC.

I take no pleasure whatsoever in my pre-judgement of the man - day by day, drip by drip - being vindicated. My only emotions are anger and sadness that it has all come to this.

We've been simmered to death like frogs.

Guest JamboRobbo
Nit picking JR. It is inconceivable that a substantial minority shareholder intent on achieving full control would not be fully consulted on such an important appointment. That is the way the business world works.

Yes, of course he'd have been consulted. But, he didn't have full control yet to make the call single handed. The moment Vlad took full control he was able to make the call single handedly, and he fired Burley, because he had the authority to do so without having to get anyone else to agree.

Yes, we should have "gone native" the moment Burley was sacked. That was the time that proved beyond doubt to anyone with any sense that Vlad was not capable of running Hearts and his 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 mistakes since prove this.

I disagree.

Up until that point we only had suggestions that he was interfering with selection. EVEN if he was, we were winning ffs. I would happily embrace him selecting the side if it worked, it was the fact it didn't work that got me. At that point, what were the other mistakes that would lead you to say this?

That is just it JR, we had no reason AT THAT TIME to believe that it was nothing other than an internal issue or a personality clash (which, it turns out wasn't far from the truth, personalities are not allowed) that would be easily remedied.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it, the way Vlad was running the club back at the time of Burleys sacking proved he was incapable and was going to potentially destroy us and unfortunatley that has been the case. Too many ignored the problems becasue we still won the cup and finished 2nd but the truth is we could have done so much more (without wanting to insight the " we would have won the league with Burley in charge" argument)

Again, what, other than Burley's sacking, was he doing wrong?

My memory might be wrong here, but the game after Riccarton Press Conference, i sure there was reports on Radio Scotland that Hearts fans were planning on walking out after 15-20mins if Pressley, Hartley and Gordon were dropped but as they played never occured.

After Burley left there was so much confusion that protest was never really in order.

Just my 2 cents worth.

We couldn't really protest against MadVlad as we didn't know the ins and outs of what was going on. With Robinson, it was different, he was all set to shut the door at Tynecastle for the last time so we knew what to protest over. I know everyone, wherever they came from were absolutely shocked Burley got the bullet at the time, we just had to trust Vlad as he was still finding his feet at the time, if we only knew then..........?

Again, what, other than Burley's sacking, was he doing wrong?

He appointed the "Hero".

Step forward Rixxy...WTF was that all about?!?!?

He appointed the "Hero".

Step forward Rixxy...WTF was that all about?!?!?

See, that is one of the many mistakes he made. Bighalders point was that when he sacked Burley he had proved he was bonkers. I was looking for things that substantiated that PRIOR to Burley's sacking.

Rix was hired after; obviously.

See, that is one of the many mistakes he made. Bighalders point was that when he sacked Burley he had proved he was bonkers. I was looking for things that substantiated that PRIOR to Burley's sacking.

Rix was hired after; obviously.

Apologies, never read the whole thread.

Archived