No chance but Fletcher keeps improving

Does he ?

He aint scored since Febuary

frankbroxup
Does he ?

He aint scored since Febuary

Only a young boy and lots to work on but technically Driver much better

What defeatest attitude to have like.

Not being defeatest bud, just realistic! read the other comments for yourself. Personally I think he's a decent player and if he had the quality to go to Madrid there would be Premiership clubs looking at him, and I don't believe he'll make first team appearances over there, it's not good for the National team either if he's not playing regularly as Burley won't pick him, what's being defeatest about that?

frankbroxup
Not being defeatest bud, just realistic! read the other comments for yourself. Personally I think he's a decent player and if he had the quality to go to Madrid there would be Premiership clubs looking at him, and I don't believe he'll make first team appearances over there, it's not good for the National team either if he's not playing regularly as Burley won't pick him, what's being defeatest about that?

Think positive these young players surrounded by the best talent and coaches as cream could rise to the top.its not all about money these lads could be restricted at the moment from lack of quality and learning facilities. a step back could result in a major leap forward in 2/3 years

So basically the standard of football these days is lower than 20 years ago? Forgive me if I think your talking pish. The technique of almost every player is far better than 20 years ago, the game is faster and players are proper athletes (most of them!).

The UEFA cup has certainly devalued, hence the Rankgers, but I believe Madrid are only looking at folk like Fletcher for the cheapness. Sweden continually produce outstanding talent at rock bottom prices. Scotland as an overall nation (as in population, size etc not the people or culture) are very similar to the swedes. Plus he had an outstanding under 19s tournament with Scotland.

Sorry if you think i'm talking pish as you put it, but players were built to play football 20 years ago and most of the top players back then in Europe, technically wouldn't look out of place if they were around today. Yes your point about players being proper athletes today may well be correct but i'm sorry...if I want to watch "proper athletes" i'd go to athletics meetings instead of football grounds.

frankbroxup
Wheres this Driver stuff coming from?

They payed in the same Scotland youth team but Driver was head and shoulders above Fletcher. hopefully next year the difference in ability will manifold itself to the benefit of the jam tarts

vegas-voss
They payed in the same Scotland youth team but Driver was head and shoulders above Fletcher. hopefully next year the difference in ability will manifold itself to the benefit of the jam tarts

Driver is English.I take it you mean the school boys team.

frankbroxup
Driver is English.I take it you mean the school boys team.

yes and meant manifest. Too many San Miguels.

Drivers mum signing out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean Driver to Galatasasray?

frankbroxup
I mean Driver to Galatasasray?

Crazy as it sounds this could be a reality subject to the Hearts valuation. On second thoughts then probably not .

PsychocAndy
On another forum, I promised to post a video of myself being taken roughly by a horse if he signed for Real Madrid.

Beat that, lads.

Sid Lowe of World Sport, or something like that, said today on Hawksbee and Jacobs that this wont happen but they and other Spanish clubs have been looking at him and that it would be one of the other clubs that might go for him, not Real. If he does get a move to Spain good luck to him and put the Petroleum Jelly away Makween.

Charlie-Brown

I don't expect Fletcher will stay too long at Fester but this Madrid link is nonsense - even Mixu Potato-heid has said that several times now & they joke about it at ER.

Say What Again

Mate, I know that's from the Daily ******, but after listening to the pish I had to in the boozer tonight, I would wet my pants if that happened - especially if he used the 'buy out' to go to Barnsley!

If such a thing exists though, he'll no doubt end up at the OF :mad:.

Mind you, I'd still get plenty pant-wetting mileage in the boozer out of it :)

Skippy Doodle

I find it hard to believe there aren't better young strikers plying their trady in the english lower leagues or even in spain or portugal.remember they can also buy south americans at an early age due to no need for work permits.So why would they be interested in a player a lot of my hibbee mates believe isnt even good enough for the premiership.

Hmmm........not so sure. Wasn`t it the same "Fletch" who is quoted as saying..............

"Hibs were my heroes as a child, they have made me what I am today, and I want to ensure that they get top-dollar if I do move on, so I have signed this contract" (until 2013)

We`ll have to wait and see then, Eh? ;)

Say What Again
"Hibs were my heroes as a child, they have made me what I am today, and I want to ensure that they get top-dollar if I do move on, so I have signed this contract"

We`ll have to wait and see then. ;)

Just like Sir Deek of Pilton? ;)

Just like Sir Deek of Pilton? ;)

He didn`t put pen and paper together. It`s WIN WIN for us, however you disect it. :)

He didn`t put pen and paper together. It`s WIN WIN for us, however you disect it. :)

Have to agree. :eek:

For once a footballer does right by the club he loves (I think), which is pretty admirable in this day and age. Unfortunately its the hobos.

A bit like CG did for us last year IIRC.

Have to agree. :eek:

For once a footballer does right by the club he loves (I think), which is pretty admirable in this day and age. Unfortunately its the hobos.

A bit like CG did for us last year IIRC.

When`s Agia Napa mate? Must be close.

When`s Agia Napa mate? Must be close.

2nd of July. Just starting exams now so it really cant come quick enough! :D

Just got back. It`s mighty HOT already. Summer heatwave predicted, Factor 25 minimum, and humidity at night is incredible, lift a fork for yer scran, lose a gallon of sweat.

33 Degs. right now, and climbing.

Watch for shady bits, and bars/resturaunts that say "FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED"

Other than that, It`s rockin` already! :)

Just got back. It`s mighty HOT already. Summer heatwave predicted, Factor 25 minimum, and humidity at night is incredible, lift a fork for yer scran, lose a gallon of sweat.

33 Degs. right now, and climbing.

Watch for shady bits, and bars/resturaunts that say "FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED"

Other than that, It`s rockin` already! :)

Cheers mate.

Really looking forward to it.:dribble:

Cheers mate.

Really looking forward to it.:dribble:

Remember, River Reggae, (doesn`t kick off `till about 2-3 a.m.) Just get a taxi, 4-5 Euro`s max. It`s hard to find, but goes on `till lunchtime ish, sleep under the stars, wake up to the sun and a bottle of Carlsberg and a toastie. Cannae beat that life.

If I`m no` banned by then, let me know. ;)

Spellczech

Must be tough being a hobo: Everyone else gets transfer speculation of the normal type but all they get is a perverse pleasure in fantasising about which big clubs might want to buy their players...

John Findlay

If Steven Fletcher ever plays a competitive game for Real Madrid in a bona fide competition then I will become the first man in history to have eaten is own Boaby whilst still attached to my anatomy(the correct place at that).

John

Sexton Hardcastle

More news today !

Barcelona have joined Real Madrid in the competition to sign Hibernian forward Steven Fletcher. (The Sun)

Drylaw Hearts
More news today !

Barcelona have joined Real Madrid in the competition to sign Hibernian forward Steven Fletcher. (The Sun)

:)

Sexton Hardcastle

Il go with the EEN asking what team fletcher will be playing for come the Barce v Hibs game in July. It gets funnier by the week. Its a shame on the boy

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Remember, River Reggae, (doesn`t kick off `till about 2-3 a.m.) Just get a taxi, 4-5 Euro`s max. It`s hard to find, but goes on `till lunchtime ish, sleep under the stars, wake up to the sun and a bottle of Carlsberg and a toastie. Cannae beat that life.

If I`m no` banned by then, let me know. ;)

River Reggae - apparantly you can catch an STD just by going for a swim in their pools ;)

I spent many a night there is 2001. It is a great place - full of people absolutely out of their face who want to party until dawn and later. I usually left by 10.00am, an absolute wreck :)

Good memories :dribble:

Oh and it hit 50 degrees when we were there in late July. Unbearable!!!!

Archived