Fletcher And Real Madrid

Sexton Hardcastle

maroonlegions
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Real-Madrid-39want-Fletcher39.4144427.jp

Are they actually being serious? This has been rumbling on for ages now. Put the boy out of his missery and tell him he'l end up at the old firm within 2 years.

the delusion is being re enforced by the EEN , bench warmer at one of the ugly sisters.;)

vegas-voss

It will never stop.He'll be plying his trade at 33-34yrs and on the verge of a move to Cowdenbeath or something and the the EEN will have the story "Steven Fletcher once linked to a move to Real Madrid in talks with Beath"

Think back 2 years ago. We thought Clum was better then Fletcher....How time change....:sad:

It'll be Real Madrid B. The same situation as when Robert Snodgrass turned down 'Barcelona' to stay at Livi. And the same situation as when Hearts signed ex-'Barcelona' youngster Juanjo. :rolleyes:

vegas-voss
Think back 2 years ago. We thought Clum was better then Fletcher....How time change....:sad:

Did we ?

vegas-voss
It'll be Real Madrid B. The same situation as when Robert Snodgrass turned down 'Barcelona' to stay at Livi. And the same situation as when Hearts signed ex-'Barcelona' youngster Juanjo. :rolleyes:

Juanjo played for Barcelona's first team.Don't know how many games he got mind you probably just the one or two and it was before Barca were the force they were now.

vegas-voss

Schuster and Calderon having a conversation.

Calderon " this is no good we are just getting nowhere with this Ronaldo deal "

Schuster " what about this wonder kid Fletcher "

Calderon " the one that plays for the team that taught Brazil how to play football "

Schuster " yeah that's the one but they don't play like Brazil now because they have that fella with the pumpkin head in charge "

Calderon " ah that's right pumpkin head.Ok we will go full out to bring this Scottish sensation to Madrid,afer all we promised the fans a superstar and if we market this right we could sell thousands of Jimmy hats aswell "

Schuster " brilliant i'll arrange for a english and spannish teacher right away "

Drylaw Hearts
Schuster and Calderon having a conversation.

Calderon " this is no good we are just getting nowhere with this Ronaldo deal "

Schuster " what about this wonder kid Fletcher "

Calderon " the one that plays for the team that taught Brazil how to play football "

Schuster " yeah that's the one but they don't play like Brazil now because they have that fella with the pumpkin head in charge "

Calderon " ah that's right pumpkin head.Ok we will go full out to bring this Scottish sensation to Madrid,afer all we promised the fans a superstar and if we market this right we could sell thousands of Jimmy hats aswell "

Schuster " brilliant i'll arrange for a english and spannish teacher right away "

:)

I personally think Fletcher is an excellent player and we're too quick in Scotland to put good players down. I don't know if there's much in this Real Madrid story but if it's true then good luck to the boy.

Ivan Drago
I personally think Fletcher is an excellent player and we're too quick in Scotland to put good players down. I don't know if there's much in this Real Madrid story but if it's true then good luck to the boy.

THing is, i think moving to REal Madrid would be the worst thing he could ever do. Although it has been reported that the send him out on loan straight away.

RockyBalboa
THing is, i think moving to REal Madrid would be the worst thing he could ever do. Although it has been reported that the send him out on loan straight away.

It could also be brilliant. Working with amazing coaches and players, and in a different enviroment completely.

If it doesnt work out then he will always have that experience and that would be brilliant for any player to have. Especially a young Scottish lad.

It could also be brilliant. Working with amazing coaches and players, and in a different enviroment completely.

If it doesnt work out then he will always have that experience and that would be brilliant for any player to have. Especially a young Scottish lad.

Can understand both sides, but its really one of these things that you need to wait and see. He could develop massively over there, or he could become "over-awed".

Decent player and good luck to him if he goes. Make it easier to support him in a Scotland shirt.:D

jamboinglasgow

think it would be an amazing move for Fletch and Scotlandif he was bought by Real Madrid, it could almost give a signal to the rest of Europe that Scottish players are worth purchasing again.

So I have no problems with Flech going to Real, the problem I have is I dont think there is any truth in these stories except from Real had a look at him in the U19 Euro championships.

Sexton Hardcastle

what it needs is someone to say.."il eat my hat if he signs for them".

Whose got a hat ?

RockyBalboa
think it would be an amazing move for Fletch and Scotlandif he was bought by Real Madrid, it could almost give a signal to the rest of Europe that Scottish players are worth purchasing again.

So I have no problems with Flech going to Real, the problem I have is I dont think there is any truth in these stories except from Real had a look at him in the U19 Euro championships.

There has been direct quotes from Real's scout a few months back and who knows what goes on behind closed doors. I reckon he would be a perfect foil for Ronaldo if he moves there too. :rofl:

There has been direct quotes from Real's scout a few months back and who knows what goes on behind closed doors. I reckon he would be a perfect foil for Ronaldo if he moves there too. :rofl:

:hobofish:

:107years: in a row - what a jolly good show.

:hobofish:

:107years: in a row - what a jolly good show.

:wacko:

what it needs is someone to say.."il eat my hat if he signs for them".

Whose got a hat ?

On another forum, I promised to post a video of myself being taken roughly by a horse if he signed for Real Madrid.

Beat that, lads.

On another forum, I promised to post a video of myself being taken roughly by a horse if he signed for Real Madrid.

Beat that, lads.

:rofl:

Sore bums and hat indigestion predicted then.

I`ll show you all again. Dated today. ;)

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1131165.html

"The Scottish Sun newspaper says that the white club (Real Madrid) have opened negotiations with Hibs"

Guess I'd better dig out the camcorder, it's definitely true now!

It fits in with the scottish psyche tho. "we're just a tiny wee country, pity us. We could never be good enough, always second best!" Real Madrid have players from signed players from all over the world ffs why not Scotland? I would love a Scottish player to move to a genuinely massive team AND be a success. Even if he is a jug-eared baldy hobo.

Colincameronspenalty - How would it be the worst thing he could ever do? I think its a glorious chance to make some money, see a far superior city to Edinburgh and learn another language (not that the hobo would take the chance to do anything useful apart from make money!). Besides playing with/against some of the best players in the world what does he have to lose? As prev mentioned if it goes tits up he comes home to the old firm a better and richer player after a season

Tynecastle Valhalla

Agree whole-heartedly the same thing happened to robbie keane at inter and it made him the player he is today.

by the way fletcher was always better than elliot.

It fits in with the scottish psyche tho. "we're just a tiny wee country, pity us. We could never be good enough, always second best!" Real Madrid have players from signed players from all over the world ffs why not Scotland? I would love a Scottish player to move to a genuinely massive team AND be a success. Even if he is a jug-eared baldy hobo.

Colincameronspenalty - How would it be the worst thing he could ever do? I think its a glorious chance to make some money, see a far superior city to Edinburgh and learn another language (not that the hobo would take the chance to do anything useful apart from make money!). Besides playing with/against some of the best players in the world what does he have to lose? As prev mentioned if it goes tits up he comes home to the old firm a better and richer player after a season

You're right! Raul's getting on a bit, after all. :laugh:

I hope you mean 'tin foil' for his baked tatties

I hope you mean 'tin foil' for his baked tatties

Wrong Ronaldo me thinks.

These clubs in Europe must be desperate! Think back 25 years ago when the "big five" teams all had a 20plus goalscorer in their team, McAvennie at Celtic, Robertson at Hearts, McCoist at Rangers, Eric Black at Aberdeen and Paul Sturrock at Dundee Utd. Madrid wouldn't look twice at these players back then, they must be in some mess nowadays if they want Fletcher! Standards are getting poorer every season in Europe, you can see that when a club like Rangers can get to a Final. He'd never get a game for them anyway, they'll loan him out then sell him to the highest bidder in the Championship or lower Premiership team, it's getting to the silly season again for reporters as they've nowt to write about!

:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

RockyBalboa
These clubs in Europe must be desperate! Think back 25 years ago when the "big five" teams all had a 20plus goalscorer in their team, McAvennie at Celtic, Robertson at Hearts, McCoist at Rangers, Eric Black at Aberdeen and Paul Sturrock at Dundee Utd. Madrid wouldn't look twice at these players back then, they must be in some mess nowadays if they want Fletcher! Standards are getting poorer every season in Europe, you can see that when a club like Rangers can get to a Final. He'd never get a game for them anyway, they'll loan him out then sell him to the highest bidder in the Championship or lower Premiership team, it's getting to the silly season again for reporters as they've nowt to write about!

What defeatest attitude to have like.

jamboinglasgow

My view on it is that if Real Madrid actully buy him then they will have obviously choosen him as their scouts have seen something they like. It could be that they feel he is not getting the right coaching at hibs and moving to spain will unleash this from him.

So basically the standard of football these days is lower than 20 years ago? Forgive me if I think your talking pish. The technique of almost every player is far better than 20 years ago, the game is faster and players are proper athletes (most of them!).

The UEFA cup has certainly devalued, hence the Rankgers, but I believe Madrid are only looking at folk like Fletcher for the cheapness. Sweden continually produce outstanding talent at rock bottom prices. Scotland as an overall nation (as in population, size etc not the people or culture) are very similar to the swedes. Plus he had an outstanding under 19s tournament with Scotland.

vegas-voss
So basically the standard of football these days is lower than 20 years ago? Forgive me if I think your talking pish. The technique of almost every player is far better than 20 years ago, the game is faster and players are proper athletes (most of them!).

The UEFA cup has certainly devalued, hence the Rankgers, but I believe Madrid are only looking at folk like Fletcher for the cheapness. Sweden continually produce outstanding talent at rock bottom prices. Scotland as an overall nation (as in population, size etc not the people or culture) are very similar to the swedes. Plus he had an outstanding under 19s tournament with Scotland.

U-19's tournament was 2 years ago.Fletcher is nowhere near the player that Bojan is at Barca and Bojan is about 3 years younger than him.Fletcher is a good young scottish player nothing more.I have never seen anything in Fletcher that has made me think wow this lad is something else and im sorry that's what you need if your a young player at these mega clubs.

Hans von Luck

Yea was that not a gay dancing thread though :rolleyes:

frankbroxup
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Real-Madrid-39want-Fletcher39.4144427.jp

Are they actually being serious? This has been rumbling on for ages now. Put the boy out of his missery and tell him he'l end up at the old firm within 2 years.

Absolutely 100% Real. he will play for the undercard Real Zaraggosa(spelling ??) . Note turkish champs fancy Driver

Ibrahim Tall
Absolutely 100% Real. he will play for the undercard Real Zaraggosa(spelling ??) . Note turkish champs fancy Driver

Zaragoza have Diego Milito and Sergio Garcia upfront, an Argentinian international and a current Spanish international striker, Fletchers got no chance of displacing either.

Even as back up they've got Ewerton and Ricardo Oliveira both of whom have played for Brazil.

frankbroxup
Zaragoza have Diego Milito and Sergio Garcia upfront, an Argentinian international and a current Spanish international striker, Fletchers got no chance of displacing either.

Even as back up they've got Ewerton and Ricardo Oliveira both of whom have played for Brazil.

Noted but Fletcher is definately going to this undersquad.

Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Mcgee to Celtic

Driver to Galatasary or Man City

Anything Else you want to know

Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Mcgee to Celtic

Who's the new manager?;)

vegas-voss

Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Mcgee to Celtic

Zaragoza are nothing to do with Real.Real's B team is Castilla and B teams cannot play in La Liga top flight.

I think there is roughly 100 strikers better than Fletcher in Europe. I think that says it all.

Kris Boyd to Real Madrid any one?

frankbroxup
I think there is roughly 100 strikers better than Fletcher in Europe. I think that says it all.

Kris Boyd to Real Madrid any one?

No chance but Fletcher keeps improving

Archived