U20 tonight vHamilton

oh ah grantona

disgruntledfan

Nothing official, but my understanding is that both McClair and Strachan want change.  Whether or not that means that a reserve league (with an minimum no of U21s) replaces the development league (with a maximum of over 20s) remains to be determined. A reserve league would allow some of the guys like LH more time, as he would not be eligible to play in the development league except as an overage player, which would limit his opportunities, unless of course he went out on loan.

Am I right in thinking the Development League is up for Re-construction this year,hence the chat of Reserve League ?

I cant see it coming off just now as due to financial limitations, unless there are some incentives to other clubs outside Celtic and Sevco.

Not sure there have been enough of a financial change to justify the change back.

Footballfirst

Am I right in thinking the Development League is up for Re-construction this year,hence the chat of Reserve League ?

I cant see it coming off just now as due to financial limitations, unless there are some incentives to other clubs outside Celtic and Sevco.

Not sure there have been enough of a financial change to justify the change back.

I think that a number of Mark Wotte's initiatives are being questioned by those in positions of influence, which may be part of the reason why he left.

I don't think the development league is popular with the smaller teams as it is seen as an overhead by some in terms of wages and transport costs. e.g. I don't think that ICT and Ross Co. would mind its passing. It is compulsory for Premiership sides to field a development side and they just don't have the catchment area to provide a competitive side at U20 on a regular basis..

Futurejambo1

With the game on Sat can't see anyone other than Henderson and Buchanan from those around the first team squad, Baur still with Scotland so could be another young team today. Think that'll be a recurring theme until the end of the season.

Footballfirst

Do we still have a threadbare squad for the game v Falkirk today?

I'd imagine so.  Lewis Moore was also injured for Mondays game and Ian Smith ended up on crutches.  Daniel Baur is still away with Scotland U17s. Dario Zanatta is back from his Canada appearances, but I don't know if he in the running for the first team on Saturday.  Given it is Celtic, I would suspect not, so we might see him play today.

jambo-rocker

I think that a number of Mark Wotte's initiatives are being questioned by those in positions of influence, which may be part of the reason why he left.

I don't think the development league is popular with the smaller teams as it is seen as an overhead by some in terms of wages and transport costs. e.g. I don't think that ICT and Ross Co. would mind its passing. It is compulsory for Premiership sides to field a development side and they just don't have the catchment area to provide a competitive side at U20 on a regular basis..

I wouldn't have made it compulsory but surely it's a good compromise for these sides to have a u18's and reserve side? Personally, I'm more amazed that they never tried to offer some kind of pyramid system between the development east and west systems.

Archived