Brussels Airport Explosions

chester copperpot

AlphonseCapone

According to the 2011 census;

* 87% of the UK population are white

* 60% identify as Christian

* 33% have either no religion or did not state one

* 4.4% identify as Muslim (2.8 million out of 63 million)

From ONS;

* EU Net migration in 2014 - 172,000 (0.27% of population)

* Non-EU migration in 2014 -191,000 (0.30% of the population)

This country isn't being overrun by immigration nor by Muslims. It is just a demonstration of the influence of the right-wing press that people perceive it in this way, especially Scottish people where the proportions are even lower. Honestly, tell me these figures aren't lower than most people have in their heads?

The main issue we have is that immigration is concentrated on specific locations and services come under pressure in these locations. People on the left shouldn't underplay this as much as people on the right should be honest about the fact the numbers are completely blown out of proportion.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen Muddie

Unsubstantiated bull!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't there. And you're right, unsubstantiated by the ones who write history... they reckon between 8.4 and 110million. I've read enough to suspect it's more like 80.

Whatever, still the biggest genocide in history. You should check it out.

In any case, it's very childish to presume that foreigners would settle on a people's shores with intention to overthrow the lands and conquer the people and not be killed or fought against, or what's the problem with sharia law in Britain exactly?

Is it only the most superior of people who are allowed to settle elsewhere?

Rudolf's Mate

I wasn't there. And you're right, unsubstantiated by the ones who write history... they reckon between 8.4 and 110million. I've read enough to suspect it's more like 80.

Whatever, still the biggest genocide in history. You should check it out.

Read my amended post. Like I said, unsubstantiated bull. Let's look at figures mentioned and stick with the highest to suit our agenda.

Stephen Muddie

Read my amended post. Like I said, unsubstantiated bull. Let's look at figures mentioned and stick with the highest to suit our agenda.

Ok Einstein.

What's my agenda?

Ive read your amended post, and I think you're pretty naive. Unless you think the Irish potato famine was caused by accident too? You must, mustn't you? You must you must you must

Stephen Muddie

I read loads on the Native American (and native people globally) issue about three years ago. Damned if I'm going to go through it all again to satisfy a kickback poster.

I do know that settlers were paid money for scalps of natives and that after a while, because they were killing each other and pretending they'd killed natives, the scalps needed to have native Indian hair still attached before they got their dollaz

http://agreenroad.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/19-to-100-million-native-american.html?_escaped_fragment_&m=1

Rudolf's Mate

Ok Einstein.

What's my agenda?

****ed if I know! Im just highlighting the fact that you've found some figures which can be totally misleading yet you've claimed them as fact. Estimating between 8-100 million killed yet you cherry pick the 100 million!

I'm not for one minute saying 100 million didn't die but I am saying they didn't die directly at the hands of Europeans e.g. slaughtered/killed.

Stephen Muddie

messed if I know! Im just highlighting the fact that you've found some figures which can be totally misleading yet you've claimed them as fact. Estimating between 8-100 million killed yet you cherry pick the 100 million!

I'm not for one minute saying 100 million didn't die but I am saying they didn't die directly at the hands of Europeans e.g. slaughtered/killed.

Don't accuse people of having an agenda of you don't know what it is, is my advice.

The burden of proof is on the accuser. This is not mainland Europe.

I didn't cherry pick anything. I'm not going through a research stage of my life just for you, ego boy. I said 80 million. The estimates range from c. 10-120

Rudolf's Mate

Don't accuse people of having an agenda of you don't know what it is, is my advice.

I didn't cherry pick anything. I'm not going through a research stage of my life just for you, ego boy. I said 80 million. The estimates range from c. 10-120

You could have fooled me re the research stage lol! Sorry if I rustled yer jimmies pal. Wasn't my intention :lol:

Stephen Muddie

You could have fooled me re the research stage lol! Sorry if I rustled yer jimmies pal. Wasn't my intention :lol:

Really... Looks like it doesn't really take much to fool you to be fair.

maroonlegions

Controversial yes but i say so is fecking ordinary life . :beatnik2:

Snowden said;

?In all the talk of Brussels, there?s a story that just recently broke, which I?m not sure has gotten the same play as the others, which is that the attack was preventable; and it was preventable through traditional means, not mass surveillance. An allied intelligence service ? in this case, in Turkey ? warned Belgium that this individual was a criminal, that they were involved in terrorist activities, and this individual turned out to be one of the suicide bombers.?

?The security services knew, with a high degree of certainty, that attacks were planned.?
ANONHQ.COM

AlphonseCapone

Controversial yes but i say so is fecking ordinary life . :beatnik2:

Snowden said;

?In all the talk of Brussels, there?s a story that just recently broke, which I?m not sure has gotten the same play as the others, which is that the attack was preventable; and it was preventable through traditional means, not mass surveillance. An allied intelligence service ? in this case, in Turkey ? warned Belgium that this individual was a criminal, that they were involved in terrorist activities, and this individual turned out to be one of the suicide bombers.?

?The security services knew, with a high degree of certainty, that attacks were planned.?
ANONHQ.COM

It was on the front page of almost every mainstream media newspaper a day or two after the attacks.

John Findlay

You might want to disregard what I say completely and read one of the many aboriginal historical accounts.

I'm not sure if you know that Europeans killed more than 80million native Americans to conquer that particular continent, for example, and that they're lying to you when they say the Nazi holocaust was the biggest genocide ever commited.

Is that North, Central and South America or just North America?

Rudolf's Mate

Stephen I'm the last person to have an ego. I take back the agenda comment and apologise for using it. You seem quite a knowledgeable young chap (I mean that) however you really shouldn't take everything you read as gospel. And if you do then certainly don't try and pass it off as fact on everyone else. 

I'm not going to lie, after your comment I had a quick Google for the facts and the first result was wiki and pretty much highlighted what you said. It did go on to point out that these figures ranged from 8-100 million and couldn't be verified due to millions of natives dying from disease. It's not impossible that disease was used as a weapon however remember that thousands and thousands of settlers also died from disease. 

No point talking to me about the potato famine as I know feck all about it!

According to the 2011 census;

* 87% of the UK population are white

* 60% identify as Christian

* 33% have either no religion or did not state one

* 4.4% identify as Muslim (2.8 million out of 63 million)

From ONS;

* EU Net migration in 2014 - 172,000 (0.27% of population)

* Non-EU migration in 2014 -191,000 (0.30% of the population)

This country isn't being overrun by immigration nor by Muslims. It is just a demonstration of the influence of the right-wing press that people perceive it in this way, especially Scottish people where the proportions are even lower. Honestly, tell me these figures aren't lower than most people have in their heads?

The main issue we have is that immigration is concentrated on specific locations and services come under pressure in these locations. People on the left shouldn't underplay this as much as people on the right should be honest about the fact the numbers are completely blown out of proportion.

Cherry picking statistics is not going to help an adult debate.

The 2011 stats are already out of date it's 2016.

But let's start with the stats you quote.

From 2001 to 2011 it represents a 75% increase.

Then there are the demographics of these stats .

50% of that increase is new immigrants .

Also they have the highest level of under 10s.

Jump to 2016 and the muslim population is over 3 million.

Do the math.

The argument from me and others is that even those who are not fanatical still hold wildly different views from our liberal society.

This is not a race issue but certainly from my viewpoint a worry about where this takes us as a society.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Do the math.

The argument from me and others is that even those who are not fanatical still hold wildly different views from our liberal society.

This is not a race issue but certainly from my viewpoint a worry about where this takes us as a society.

Why do Muslims worry you so much? Genuine question.

The Muslims I work with and who are my neighbours are lovely, genuine people.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Me and my missus live next door to a Muslim family. In between putting dogshit through their letter box and trying to avoid their blatant attempts to radicalise us, we get on very well and often have dinner together.

Islams out.

AlphonseCapone

Do the math.

For the sake of a reasoned debate I'll ignore the irony inherit in your first sentence.

I quoted the census stats as they are the most accurate and reliable out there. It's the nature of the census that it is done every decade so while it will be a bit out of date, we are at least debating from a reliable source.

I need to question your use of percentage change like that. On their own they are useless presented how you have. To emphasis my point. If the population increases from 1 to 2, that's a 100% increase. Now without the raw numbers it looks dramatic.

You can't deny surely from the stats I've presented earlier, albeit out of date a bit, show that as a proportion of the British population, Muslims make up a very small minority as does the net migration numbers?

Britain remains dominated by a vast majority white and Christian population.

I already alluded earlier to the fact that immigration is concentrated on specific locations and that service may indeed be overwhelmed in these locations but that's a symptom of both a lack of spreading out of immigrants and the cuts to public services in general.

Why do Muslims worry you so much? Genuine question.

The Muslims I work with and who are my neighbours are lovely, genuine people.

They don't in my daily life as I rarely have any dealings with them.

And I suppose most are like everyone else just trying to get on with paying bills etc.

It is I suppose the right wing ideology of their religious leaders.

And in areas of the country where the muslim population is concentrated this has an undeniable effect on the outlook of schooling,attitudes towards women,attitudes towards the freedoms we enjoy.

People don't bother me and the ethnicity of someone certainly doesn't.

I've said before on this subject I feel uncomfortable with the stance I take.

But it seems it's ok to call out right wing movements as long as it's white orientated.

You never hear and if you do very rarely the muslim population condemn the right wing of their religious politics.

Anyway suppose if I was that bothered I'd do more than just spout of on JKB.

Maybe I like the debate more than I actually care .

For the sake of a reasoned debate I'll ignore the irony inherit in your first sentence.

I quoted the census stats as they are the most accurate and reliable out there. It's the nature of the census that it is done every decade so while it will be a bit out of date, we are at least debating from a reliable source.

I need to question your use of percentage change like that. On their own they are useless presented how you have. To emphasis my point. If the population increases from 1 to 2, that's a 100% increase. Now without the raw numbers it looks dramatic.

You can't deny surely from the stats I've presented earlier, albeit out of date a bit, show that as a proportion of the British population, Muslims make up a very small minority as does the net migration numbers?

Britain remains dominated by a vast majority white and Christian population.

I already alluded earlier to the fact that immigration is concentrated on specific locations and that service may indeed be overwhelmed in these locations but that's a symptom of both a lack of spreading out of immigrants and the cuts to public services in general.

Yes the UK is dominated by an ageing white population .

It's undeniable that white birth rates fall while those of other etnicity grow.

That's no one to blame just different outlooks on life.

My worry is where this takes our society.

The freedoms we enjoy did not fall of a tree but we're hard fought for over generations.

I'm alarmed at attitudes amongst the fastest growing section of the population in this country.

I feel it's important to challenge those without being automatically branded a racist or xenophobic.

Archived