Max Mosely confirms it.

david mcgee

david mcgee

World sport is corrupt.

The Max Mosely scandal confirms it beyond reasonable doubt.

I lost interest in Boxing when i realised i was lining the pockets of Frank Warren and Don Curry.

Sepp Blatter and his cohorts arent much better.

The International Olympic Committee are more interested in back handers, than genuine bids from Countries.

Good old Bernie Eccleston has enough politicians in his pocket so that he doesnt need to worry about his future, but his bossom buddy Max is causing him some embarrasement.

Max has to fall on his sword because he is vile, corrupt and not fit for purpose, but he is rich and powerful and so is Bernie.

Why should hard working people keep giving these gangster billionaires their money?

Because they love their sport and there is no alternative.

Why?

Because our corrupt politicians allow it to go on.

When did the monopolies and mergers commision last investigate a sporting body?

Yet they are making obscene profits on the back of the paying public.

I P Knightley

Whilst possibly unsavoury, I don't think that the Max Moseley 'affair' has anything to do with corruption.

Many in the sport acknowledge that he and his working relationship with Ernie Becclestone have done wonders for F1 in particular. He is, I understand, unsalaried in his position with the FIA so he's not fighting to keep the job for monetary gain (although it may be murky and there could be other financial benefits in his role).

He's been caught with his pants down in a sting which 20-30 years ago just wouldn't have happened. It doesn't mean he's unfit for his position. He might have been up to these shenanigans for the last 40 years for all we know. In fact, I'd love him to tell us all that he has been at it every fortnight since the age of 25 and ask whether finding that out has in any way affected the value of the job he's delivered since taking over.

Simply because the media are thirsty for any tittle-tattle they can clutch in their nasty little hands doesn't mean the guy can't do his job.

No one got hurt; there's nothing to see here; move along please.

(Doesn't take away from the fact that F1 is not a patch on what it once was as a sporting spectacle...)

marshallschunkychicken
Whilst possibly unsavoury, I don't think that the Max Moseley 'affair' has anything to do with corruption.

Many in the sport acknowledge that he and his working relationship with Ernie Becclestone have done wonders for F1 in particular. He is, I understand, unsalaried in his position with the FIA so he's not fighting to keep the job for monetary gain (although it may be murky and there could be other financial benefits in his role).

He's been caught with his pants down in a sting which 20-30 years ago just wouldn't have happened. It doesn't mean he's unfit for his position. He might have been up to these shenanigans for the last 40 years for all we know. In fact, I'd love him to tell us all that he has been at it every fortnight since the age of 25 and ask whether finding that out has in any way affected the value of the job he's delivered since taking over.

Simply because the media are thirsty for any tittle-tattle they can clutch in their nasty little hands doesn't mean the guy can't do his job.

No one got hurt; there's nothing to see here; move along please.

(Doesn't take away from the fact that F1 is not a patch on what it once was as a sporting spectacle...)

Agree entirely with everything you've said here. Especially the last line.

Archived