Scientology

The Merse

Totally bored out my mind and mate passed a link on to the Panorama documentary on Scientology, and been watching various links since for the last hour.

Didn't know much about it before but it seems totally bizarre.

Has anybody on here ever encountered this "religion"?

Rick Grimes

mentalists.

i suspect its really no more than a rich person's club tho

davemclaren
Totally bored out my mind and mate passed a link on to the Panorama documentary on Scientology, and been watching various links since for the last hour.

Only on North Bridge... ;)

mentalists.

i suspect its really no more than a rich person's club tho

Well, I think it certainly is, in so far as they want to get their hands on said riches.

A friend of mine comes from quite a wealthy family. At least, they would have been wealthy, had one of her uncles not disappeared to Australia to join this weirdo cult, taking millions of pounds with him. One of her relatives recently escaped from their clutches, and found it rather hard to adjust to the real world.

Steer very clear.

Here's the main anti-scientology website:

http://www.xenu.net/

"Anonymous" is the new campaign to try and highlight some of the weird things that happen within Scientology that they don't want you to know about. The organisers hope that people won't be tricked into joining if they are given all the facts at the start.

the creator of it himself said he only dreamt it up to make money, yet its increasing in 'popularity'. In my old flat the former resident must have been into it because we used to get scientology monthly sent to us. A few looks at that would tell anyone its just crazy nonsense. Its messed up, too much star trek for that lot.

Scientology is completely crazy. Some crazy stuff goes down in that religion I tell thee.

The scariest thing about Scientology is how stupid some people, a lot of them very rich and powerful, can be on this earth. Seriously, if you can believe this stuff then you shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets - you'd clearly be a danger to rational thinking... are a lot of JKBers Scientologists?

I dont' quite understand how they are able to get away with what they do.

:confused:

Craigieboy

People die cause of refusing blood transfusions. All in the name of god.

How ****ed up religion is.

After reading your post I decided to find out what it was all about, I done some reading and viewed some videos on youtube. There was a video on youtube linking them to the deaths of members, I would post the link but it contains images of autopsy's and dead bodies.

Crazy.

the creator of it himself said he only dreamt it up to make money

That's the bit that gets me. How can anyone buy into it knowing he said that? Bizarre. I always hate it when I discover someone that I think is quite cool is a Scientologist. Juliette Lewis! Beck! JASON LEE!! Noooooooo! Not Earl J Hickey!!! It's beyond me. Then again, all cults and religions are.

Scientology is the Gretna of religion

a nice wee hobby but really has no substance (not that any other religion has mind you)

Archived