Parking ticket help

Takis

I got a parking ticket on George St. on saturday , but i thought i was legally parked because it looked to me as if i was parked in the next space besides the residents permit holders spaces , so i go get my display ticket and i'm back in time before it expires and there is the attendant putting the ticket on my car so i asked him why and he explains that it is residents only so i thought fair enough my own stupidity but as i was leaving he says to me that i should appeal as there should be two posts with signs at the residents spaces but there is only one at the far end , so how do i go about

1)writing an appeal letter and what do i write in it ?

2) and do i have to pay the ?30 before my appeal and try and reclaim that back ?

any help appreciated , thanks :icon14:

Terrible Trio
I got a parking ticket on George St. on saturday , but i thought i was legally parked because it looked to me as if i was parked in the next space besides the residents permit holders spaces , so i go get my display ticket and i'm back in time before it expires and there is the attendant putting the ticket on my car so i asked him why and he explains that it is residents only so i thought fair enough my own stupidity but as i was leaving he says to me that i should appeal as there should be two posts with signs at the residents spaces but there is only one at the far end , so how do i go about

2) and do i have to pay the ?30 before my appeal and try and reclaim that back ?

appeal - very good chance of being successful

as you are appealing (I'll rephrase that), as you are going through the appeals process you don't have to pay just now

I successfully appealed a ticket recently and included photograpic evidence to back up my case which you may want to consider. (as a result of my appeal, the council put down the thickest, brightest, yellow line you have ever seen on the piece of road that we'd parked on!)

david mcgee
I successfully appealed a ticket recently and included photograpic evidence to back up my case which you may want to consider. (as a result of my appeal, the council put down the thickest, brightest, yellow line you have ever seen on the piece of road that we'd parked on!)

Glad you got off, but youve obviously stuffed the rest of us.

Mrs and I got a ticket on Saturday parked at The Meadows when taking the kids to the fun fair. (so did a long line of cars)

We have appealed as there was no signs close by to say that parking was not allowed on a saturday and we have parked there loads of times on a saturday when taking the kids to the meadows.

Mrs and I got a ticket on Saturday parked at The Meadows when taking the kids to the fun fair. (so did a long line of cars)

We have appealed as there was no signs close by to say that parking was not allowed on a saturday and we have parked there loads of times on a saturday when taking the kids to the meadows.

That'll be in Marchmont? Which is a S Zone? I'm sure the signs say Monday to Friday there (which means those dodgy beggars shouldnt be about on the weekend because any fines are void). My mate got one on Sunday aswell...he was parked in a permit bay, but its a Sunday, hence no fine should be awarded. Best thing to do would be to double check the signs there before appealing, and see what's said online.

I managed to successfully get an appeal once by emailing them...shockaroonie! :dribble:

Archived