Tornados

Deek

We dont know how lucky we are.

This footage was taken by CCTV inside a bank last week in Parkersburg, Iowa last week.

This shows the damage to the town afterwards.

All over in one minute.

And we moan about a wee bit rain. :sad:

We dont know how lucky we are.

I am not sure that luck has anything to do with it. There are scores of tornadoes in Iowa every single year.

Craigieboy

What would the cleaner have put that down as on the invoice?

A builders clean?

****ing hell.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd love to chase one of those things, I'm enthralled by freakish weather conditions for some reason.

I am not sure that luck has anything to do with it. There are scores of tornadoes in Iowa every single year.

Sorry I dont understand your answer.

We in Scotland dont know how lucky we are to not get Tornado's.

Sorry I dont understand your answer.

We in Scotland dont know how lucky we are to not get Tornado's.

It wasn't really an answer, just a general point.

In Iowa, they have glorious summers, and have fairly regular occurences of tornadoes. In Scotland, we have fairly dismal, and unpredictable weather most of the time. That's just the way our respective climates are.

It wasn't really an answer, just a general point.

In Iowa, they have glorious summers, and have fairly regular occurences of tornadoes. In Scotland, we have fairly dismal, and unpredictable weather most of the time. That's just the way our respective climates are.

I spent 3 months in Naperville a few years back, so I know what the summers are like in the Mid West. But the point is we dont get devastating storms condensed into a small area which kill and destroy most things in the open.

I spent 3 months in Naperville a few years back, so I know what the summers are like in the Mid West. But the point is we dont get devastating storms condensed into a small area which kill and destroy most things in the open.

Indeed we do not.

Lady jambo

I'm watching the film Twister seen it god knows how many times but its still excellent I would love to chase storms! :)

I'm fascinated by tornadoes/earthquakes and the like, I mean theres just something about when the planet goes mental thats...well...cool...if thats the right word?

I don't mean I find it funny that lives and communities are destroyed, because the pictures you see after the events are often horrific and i'm the first to feel sorry for them - I just mean at the basic, fundamental level of just how much power nature possesses, and how oblivious we are as a general population to its capabilities.

Archived