Ever Had a Dream You Were Playing for Hearts ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Have you ever had a dream you were playing for Hearts ?

If so what was the score and what do you remember about the match ?

Do not have nightmares .

Charlie-Brown

I once dreamt that Derek O'Connor and myself scored in a 2-0 win over Poland in a friendly at (Old) Tynecastle, Tomacesvki & Boniek were playing for Poland, I was about 10 or 12 at the time....it was a long time ago. :)

Craigieboy

Most weeks.

Against them.

Running up to the Wheatfield, sec E. Looking up to the auld man.

Can't quite get the celebration right though. That's my indication in my dream that it's all a big fanciful pile of horse ****.

ToadKiller Dog

not for years sadly when hearts are in my dreams these days its usually me watching them or trying to get there to watch them,seems even my subconscious knows i aint much of a footballer.

I had a dream I was banging Fergie (Duchess of York one) last night:confused:

I think we've all had that dream;)

Mine was scoring a penalty in a Scottish Cup final...wasn't as good as Mickey's in 98 mind...:dribble:

markletissier

slotting home a double on my debut and gettin cheered off as i'm subbed. along with natalie portman declaring her undying jewish love to me it's up there with the best.

Maroon Mayhem

I had a bizarre dream that was a U19 and I played for the first team but had to change at the back of the old stand. I couldn't get through everyone and I was late for kick off.

Dream/nightmare type stuff!

Drylaw Hearts
I had a dream I was banging Fergie (Duchess of York one) last night:confused:

Is that not called a nightmare ?

Ferguson_JS66656282.jpg

slashishere
Is that not called a nightmare ?

Ferguson_JS66656282.jpg

she was quite fit in my dream so wasnt too shabby, thank god for imagination!

Drylaw Hearts
she was quite fit in my dream so wasnt too shabby, thank god for imagination!

:)

Yeah.

I scored 2 against Celtic, only to be transferred to DC United after the game.

I fell asleep watching MLS.

I had one that was really vivid. I was playing wide right but I was just as $h!t? as I am in real life so everyone was booing me.

Scary insight as to what it must be like for the current lot.

brought on for debut at easter road with five minutes to go with us 7-0 up and scored in injury time to shut them up once and for all. had this dream two or three times in my youth.

I scored against Celtic at the old parkhead and ran to the Hearts supporters and I could hear them saying they did not know who I was, so I turned to celebrate with the other players and Tosh Mckinlay ran up and said he did know me and walked away, by the time i reached the half-way line the game had already restarted??

Buffalo Bill

Most of my dreams are way too scary to involve even Hearts.

subjectMainTravellers.jpg

hungary.jpg

Saughton%20Mains%20St%20BW.jpg

Buffalo Bill

I have dreams about missing big Hearts games. Reason are usually stupid like I forgot. Nice to wake up and realise it's not true though!

rudi must stay
Calum Elliot dreams of playing well for Hearts one day.

unlikely to happen though

I've had loads of dreams playing in maroon (and for Scotland) but the one that immediately came to mind was a dream in which I scored a peachy 20 yarder at Celtic Park after a set up from Larry Kingston....it was fairly recent. Think it was after we won there at the end of last season.

The Old Tolbooth
Dreamt I played in the 1996 SC cup final a few nights before the actual game. Hearts won 3-1 and I could remember the scorers and times of the goals. Went to bookies for correct score bet but we got gubbed 5-1.

Also dreamt I was playing v. hibs - vivid colour in the dream. Missed a sitter from 2 yards and ended up kicking the missus, she wasnae happy. Mind you, neither was I at missing a sitter against hibs! And she woke me up wi her yelping.

Bummer, so you didn't even get a chance to tuck the loose ball away :D

I had numerous dream about playing for Hearts, and most of them occur before a derby match with the worst dreams being before the semi final. I used to wake up in a cold sweat sometimes ffs!

thought this was going to be a thread:

ever had a dream you were playing for hearts?

well you could be! Vlads now recruiting for the new season!

thought this was going to be a thread:

ever had a dream you were playing for hearts?

well you could be! Vlads now recruiting for the new season!

:dribble:

I don't dream as much playing for Hearts as much as I dream about us winning the league. I've had about 5 very vivid dreams about us winning the league in the last 5 years and I could not be more gutted when I wake up and it eventually sinks in that it is not a reality.

The last one I can rememeber is that we had to beat Celtic at Tynie in our last game to win it. I woke up just before the celebrations began with us comfortably leading 2-0 with seconds to go with Patrick Kisnorbo, very black with dreadlocks, and some unheard of player scoring (what? it is a dream!).

ScottishSandstorm

Just the same one over and over... I slide tackle and get the ball clean but he goes flying. Then I pass it up and we score... I look back and I see him: Derek Riordan holding his leg and crying like a little girl.

Nah that is awful. I have had dreams about buying Hearts.

maroonlegions

yep i have on a number of times, the one that stands out is a game against the hobos at tynie , remember running up to to the 18 yard box and the ball bounched in front of me ,well i just blootered it :107years: and it took ages to hit the back of the net , sort of like Adams winner in the 98 big cup finale , the feeling was really intense and full of elation and joy ,then i was running up to the hearts fans and going mental with them, cannae remember getting book for over celebrations though.:107years:;)

shaun.lawson
yep i have on a number of times, the one that stands out is a game against the hobos at tynie , remember running up to to the 18 yard box and the ball bounched in front of me ,well i just blootered it :107years: and it took ages to hit the back of the net , sort of like Adams winner in the 98 big cup finale , the feeling was really intense and full of elation and joy ,then i was running up to the hearts fans and going mental with them, cannae remember getting book for over celebrations though.:107years:;)

I think there should be an award for the poster who uses a certain emoticon the most. You'd be a shoo-in! :)

shaun.lawson

A couple of nights ago, I dreamt that two old classmates of mine were plotting to blow up London. In order to save everyone, I, for some reason, had to strap a suicide bomb to myself too, and switch them at the very last moment (well, something like that, anyway). Unfortunately, as the countdown reached under five minutes, I was discovered, and the authorities started carting me away.

"No no!", I protested - "you don't understand!" With less than two minutes remaining, I somehow broke free, yelled "don't go near the reception!", and started running down flight after flight of stairs. This took me down further and further, until I was underground. In the dream, the noise got louder and louder as I approached the point of impact - and slammed straight into a wall.

Then, the next thing I knew, I was ascending an escalator with music playing - and being hit on by a couple of gay guys a few steps behind me. I seemed to take this as a compliment, and emerged into the foyer, music still playing. It was like the ending of a Kubrick film!

But no, I've never dreamt about playing for Hearts: just felt like sharing the above. It was a seriously weird dream, but I think I've established what it means...

colinmaroon

Yes!

It was a cup tie with Partick Thistle - and I was brilliant!

Scored 3 goals, and it was so vivid!!!

But then reality bit and quite suddenly I felt like I was wading through mud - the game was at Firhill!

Who said you can't have realism in your dreams - and, I'm talking about the mud not the 3 goals!!!

I didnt have to dream !!!

In 1986 (87 ?) Hearts were in the Isle of Man tournament playing against the likes of Stoke City /cant remember the 2nd team & Bohemians of Dublin.

It was during the last game, on a lovely balmy evening against Bohemians, when I took the opportunity to fulfil a dream.

By chance (I was only 18 at the time) I had turned up in the same kit that Hearts wore that night (silver kit - yes I know - bought b4 May !!!).

Anyway, as the teams re-appeared for the 2nd half, I took my chance and trotted out with them as their 12th man. The 2nd half started with me playing alongside Roger and Crabbe (I think) on the left. Anyway, despite the torrent of abuse from Kenny Black etc, I continued on for a few minutes making lungbursting runs down the flank. Needless, to say I was totally ignored, although I did have a Bohemians defender chase me down to the corner flage with a quizzed look on his face !!!! My movement and positional sense was ceratinly eyecatching and years ahead !!!!

I left to re-join my mates on the touchline, but we were soon on again, when Willie Irvine (yes him) scored, and we all run on and jumped on him !!

Great Days

:)

Archived