Levein / Hogg Fight

Seats

I know it is old news and been asked a million times, but does anyone have footage of this classic moment?

Thank you.

Wasn't really a fight. One punch and it was all over. There is definately film of it as I've seen it fairly recently on TV.

Guest jackdaddy2008

If I remember right, its bad footage, I think it has to be played in slow mo with a zoom to see it properly.

I went to the game.

Pre- season friendly I recall - 1993-94?

Lost 4-2 but my memory may be playing tricks. It was down at the home end so I didn't see too much of it.

I've got it on video (somewhere) ... unfortunately no way of converting it to digital unless I film it off the telly with my mince digital camera !

Will get round to it one of these days ...

Sorry I meant 1994-95.

I remember this game as I went to live in Oz shortly after. I know we lost but cannot remember for sure the actual score.

I seen the incident that night, but cant remember anything else of the game at all..

Rudolf's Mate

Not trying to say you have got it wrong and I definately wasn't there however was it not an away game? I recall seeing it on telly and if I recall it looked like some obscure little ground! I recall Hogg puffing his chest out and walking up to Clanger Craig who broke his nose with nice smack!

I may be completely wrong!!!

Rudolf's Mate
I've got it on video (somewhere) ... unfortunately no way of converting it to digital unless I film it off the telly with my mince digital camera !

Will get round to it one of these days ...

If someone got me a copy on VHS I could get it onto dvd or have it digitally remastered with special sound effects ;)

I went to the game.

Pre- season friendly I recall - 1993-94?

Lost 4-2 but my memory may be playing tricks. It was down at the home end so I didn't see too much of it.

I think it was pre season away to Raith but not 100% certain.

WorldChampions1902
I think it was pre season away to Raith but not 100% certain.

It was indeed a pre season friendly at Starks and I was there - the most bizarre thing I ever saw in a match was that punch-up.

If someone does have VHS footage I can get it onto DVD.

Winston Ingram

Has anyone ever clarified the exact reason for Levein's punch? Widely held theory is that the conversation went like this (Raith had scored seconds before the interval, incident took place as the players were walking off) but may have been embellished..

Levein: "If you weren't so fat and slow, you'd have caught him before he scored there."

Hogg: "You know why I'm fat? Coz every time I **** your wife, she gives me a chocolate biscuit!"

WHACK!!

Cat Stevens

I've heard Levein was pumping Hogg's sister so the tension between them had been mounting.

Winston Ingram

Hogg was involved in another of the great conversations, so the story goes..

Falkirk, Jordan's last game. 4-0 down, Hogg a subby...

Jordan: "Hogg, get stripped. The fans want the defence shored up!!"

Hogg: "Go take a flying **** at the moon, gaffer!!"

Jordan: "My office Monday morning, Hogg. You are finished at Tynecastle..."

Well, one of them was...

Yes i have the footage on video

I know it is old news and been asked a million times, but does anyone have footage of this classic moment?

Thank you.

I know the guy who videoed Raiths matches he sold on to the news never spoke to the ***** since.

Was pre-season friendly starks park august 9th 1994

It was on a program on Sky One not that long ago...100 most shocking moments on football or something like that.

It was still some punch though!! Sparkled Hogg clean out!!

Drylaw Hearts
I've heard Levein was pumping Hogg's sister so the tension between them had been mounting.

I hope for Craig sake that Hogg and his sister looked nothing alike.

Denny Crane
Urgh

1994080903.jpg

What at? Tommy's face or his tie?

;)

Archived