Lads weekend away - Where to go?

Toggie88

Looking at going somewhere, September/October time.

Looking for somewhere with:

Cheap Accomodation

Cheap Alcohol

Cheap Flights

Quite fancy Eastern Europe, was looking at Riga but a mate at work said it was one of his least favourite places in the auld Soviet Block.

Sexton Hardcastle

Me and a group are lookign to do the same around Oct holidays. A friend went to amsterdam last year on a wild weekend and said to do as they did -

Ferry from newcastle to amsterdam. Cost about 150 quid. Free selected alcohol ( lager and hosue vodka i think) you hd a bed but it didnt get used. Then get a cheap hostel. Noise it up over the weekend and havea good old sleep on the ferry home.

Need to get the details for the ferry over. Anyone heard of anything similar?

Wroclaw,Poland.

Ryanair from Edinburgh ;)

Just back from Cracow in Poland. Superb. Easyjet from Edinburgh is fairly cheap and cheap beer when you get there.

Oh, and the birds are top notch as well!

Stuart Lyon

I think the Munich beer festival is being held in Dortmund this year. I'm sure a thread on here a few weeks ago covered it.

I P Knightley
Munich for the beer festival.

You couldn't find any pictures showing what the beer looks like, could you? I looked and I looked and I didn't see any beer. And I need a reminder of what beer looks like...:P

I passed through Tallinn, Estonia for a day on my way to Lithuania in 2003 and it appeared to be great.

It was scenic, had tidy burds, a few bars and you were allowed to touch the strippers.

I passed through Tallinn, Estonia for a day on my way to Lithuania in 2003 and it appeared to be great.

It was scenic, had tidy burds, a few bars and you were allowed to touch the strippers.

Sold.

I think the Munich beer festival is being held in Dortmund this year. I'm sure a thread on here a few weeks ago covered it.

A guy at my work is going and im sure he is booked for Munich :)

chester copperpot

Cheap Accomodation

Cheap Alcohol

Cheap Flights

Quite fancy Eastern Europe, was looking at Riga but a mate at work said it was one of his least favourite places in the auld Soviet Block.

Krakow - Poland.

Best women, ever, ever, ever.

chester copperpot
Just back from Cracow in Poland. Superb. Easyjet from Edinburgh is fairly cheap and cheap beer when you get there.

Oh, and the birds are top notch as well!

Oops, missed this post. I agree with my dyslexic friend. ;)

Stuart Lyon

Tam's Bird - I looked on the web but found nothing about it moving but I swear I read something about the organisers and the city falling out.

The Oktoberfest 2008 runs from:

Saturday 20th September

... until ...

Sunday 5th October inclusive

The Oktoberfest site is located in central Munich, Germany. The site is less than 15 minutes walk from the central railway station (the "Hauptbahnhof"). The beer tents and the associated fun fair rides are open from about 10am until 10pm every day of the festival.

Cheap Accomodation

Cheap Alcohol

Cheap Flights

cheap 40min flight

?2 a pint

absolutely hoochin

st marys street,

CARDIFF

dodethejambo
You couldn't find any pictures showing what the beer looks like, could you? I looked and I looked and I didn't see any beer. And I need a reminder of what beer looks like...:P

oktoberfest-ap.jpg

Nice Jugs :dribble:

chester copperpot
cheap 40min flight

?2 a pint

absolutely hoochin

st marys street,

CARDIFF

Mate comes from Cardiff. Birds are decent. Not a bad shout, and only need your driving license to board too.

Job done. I still prefer Krakow though. I beg you to find an ugly lass in Krakow

Mate comes from Cardiff. Birds are decent. Not a bad shout, and only need your driving license to board too.

Job done. I still prefer Krakow though. I beg you to find an ugly lass in Krakow

Know what you mean,Warsaw was the same,even the pigs are dooable

chester copperpot
Know what you mean,Warsaw was the same,even the pigs are dooable

Abso-fecking-lutely my friend.

Krakow, the only place with awesome munters.

coppercrutch

I bet I could do it. Sort of my speciality. :rolleyes:

chester copperpot
I bet I could do it. Sort of my speciality. :rolleyes:

So I've heard. Haha.

Thanks CC.

chester copperpot
Not long back from there myself, amazing birds. You didn't stumble across Roosters bar did you? Hubba hubba hubba.

Roosters was about 5 years ago, not that bad a place. ;)

Lincoln

Seriously, went with the lads last year for one of their birthdays (originally from Lincolnshire) and had an absolutely brilliant time. It's a big student city so there are loads of bars and clubs. Went to a Lloyds Bar for a couple of drinks to start the Saturday night and the talent was absolutely ridiculous.

Pete Seeger

oktobergirlsstacked.jpg

Possibly the best picture surfing the internet. I could look at that trio all day. :)

The Old Tolbooth
Krakow - Poland.

Best women, ever, ever, ever.

Your good at cracking off I heard :)

I can confirm that Riga is pretty poor, especially for a lads holiday.

They have the "Sky Bar", the Museum of Occupation and you can shoot AK47's in an underground nuclear bunker. There's a nice wee belgian cafe that does a good selection of beers, but that's literally all there is.

The old town is tiny and can be spoily by just a few stag parties.

The eye candy is great but the locals are completely sick of stag groups coming over and will completely avoid you or treat you like a leper.

The only people who will pay you any attention are the flyer pushers for the mafia run dodgy strip bars.

Unless you are going as a couple, during the week (to avoid the British invasion), I'd give it a swerve.

Cardiff I've been to and loved. I would still say Prague is a must if you've never been. Not as cheap as it used to be, but still good value compared to most destinations, and you're pretty much guaranteed a decent lads holiday there.

antwerp.

prestwick - brussels charleroi, 1.5 hour train journey

cheap beer,

300+ pubs

an amazing selection of beers

30 minutes by train to holland

and good looking women

Dix Handley
oktobergirlsstacked.jpg

Possibly the best picture surfing the internet. I could look at that trio all day. :)

I would say theres a decent pair..i mean duo. Middle ones a bit of

a she male...but the foremost frauleins a cracker:brows:..... have you stopped looking yet?

Oh yes....and ive heard Croatias nice (and cheap).

Apologies for going off topic.

I wouldn't bother with Munich. It doesn't meet the Togster's requirement for cheapness.

Regarding the beer festival, I attended it once and it's great if your ideal night out is a punch up with peshed-up antipodeans. :rolleyes:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Cheap Accomodation

Cheap Alcohol

Cheap Flights

I was just in Riga last weekend on a Stag Doo and thought it was good.

The beer was cheap (apart from in clubs), the women were better than anywhere I've been before, and it was scorching.

The locals were also ok - I had heard rumours about them being quite off with folk on Stag Doos but it definitely wasn't true.

Great weekend.

The Old Tolbooth

I was in Barcelona for a stag weekend just past (only just recovering!) and I was amazed at how expensive a place it is, I honestly thought it would be a lot cheaper.

Nice place but probably the busiest place I've ever been to, it was manic!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I was in Barcelona for a stag weekend just past (only just recovering!) and I was amazed at how expensive a place it is, I honestly thought it would be a lot cheaper.

Nice place but probably the busiest place I've ever been to, it was manic!

I was in Barcelona last year and although we had a great time, both myself and the girlfriend couldn't believe how expensive it was.

Stuart Lyon

Talk about being confused! In an earlier post I said I thought the Oktoberfest was being held in Dortmund well its not the beer festival that has moved there but the Love Parade from Berlin! :o How could I get the two confused. Before anybody asks no I am not going to to the Love Parade!

The Old Tolbooth
I was in Barcelona last year and although we had a great time, both myself and the girlfriend couldn't believe how expensive it was.

Did you also find that the majority of Spaniards were grumpy barstewards?

If they want to charge us as much as that for their touristy items, then the least they could do is smile and be polite! We even saw one of them attacking a tree which he walked into, was funny as hell tho :D

Southampton.

Although I've heard that Cardiff have something called 'Naked Tuesdays'. I'm sure you can work out what that involves.

The People's Chimp

Cheap Accomodation

Cheap Alcohol

Cheap Flights

Munich! There have been quite a few threads about it on here over the last wee while, but the time you're looking at could tie in nicely with oktoberfest!!

Bratislava is your only choice!!

Cheapish to get there from Scotland on Ryanair. The beer is cheap though and the women are a sensation.

Archived