Serial

Riddley Walker

Riddley Walker

Probably wouldn't read this if you've not listened to series 2 and are planning to.

Has anyone been listening to Serial series 2? I'm up to date apart from the newest one (yesterday).

What do you make of it? I think it's been interesting but I'm kind of hoping there's a bit of a bombshell. So far it seems that Bowe is an idealistic weirdo who had a completely unrealistic expectation of what the Army would entail.

Do you buy his reason for causing a DUSTWUN? It seems a bit flaky to me, but when you hear about his backstory he does seem quite genuine in his "love" for the army.

Gonna listen to the newest one tomorrow.

Riddley Walker

:lol:

It's going to be a while until he lives that one down to be fair.

Anyway stop ruining my thread Barack.

Randle P McMurphy

The boy seems a bit of a fruitcake. He has a weird moral compass and unrealistic standards he expects of everyone. I do believe him though

Riddley Walker

The boy seems a bit of a fruitcake. He has a weird moral compass and unrealistic standards he expects of everyone. I do believe him though

It just seems like such a mental way to go about a "protest" though. Especially from someone apparently so obsessed with an idealistic Army. Would someone like that commit one of the worst types of military offence? Purely because he was disillusioned with the way his commanders treated them and his dissatisfaction with the mission, it's difficult to believe.

• 3 months later...
Riddley Walker

What did folk think of this then? I was a bit disappointed to be honest. It was interesting politically, but lacked the intensity of the first series.

Dull and pointless.

Where was the mystery or the intrigue?

The guy was a weirdo, had suffered mental problems and somehow still was allowed to join the army. No wonder it didn't end well for anyone.

They should do one on the Amanda Knox case. That would be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Serial 2 and seeing a story filled in from so many angles. Amanda Knox case would be a great one to do too though.

During Serial 2 there was a call back to Serial 1 with the appeal for a retrial being heard. Adnan Syed has now been granted a new trial https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jun/30/adnan-syed-judge-grants-new-trial-serial-podcast-baltimore-murder-case

Riddley Walker

I really enjoyed Serial 2 and seeing a story filled in from so many angles. Amanda Knox case would be a great one to do too though.

During Serial 2 there was a call back to Serial 1 with the appeal for a retrial being heard. Adnan Syed has now been granted a new trial https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/jun/30/adnan-syed-judge-grants-new-trial-serial-podcast-baltimore-murder-case

That's brilliant news. I still don't know whether or not he did it, but there was definitely not enough evidence for him to be convicted. 

The Knox case would be interesting but since the case is such public knowledge already I don't think it would have the same intrigue as Serial 1. 

Serial 2 was interesting but I think the format for 1 was better. Serial 2 was like a documentary series, which is fine, but not what I was hoping for.

Archived