Quick Enough To Announce Figures When It Suits Them

MackaysCentreSpot

Guest JamboRobbo
I wouldn't say it's easy - teams like Aberdeen and Hibs have more often than not failed to put in or sustain a challenge on budgets of ?3-4 million.

3-4M fair enough. But we're currently spending 10-12M, whilst the rest are now only spending 2M (according to Levein the other day).

:smile:

scott herbertson
3-4M fair enough. But we're currently spending 10-12M, whilst the rest are now only spending 2M (according to Levein the other day).

:smile:

I know - but the point I am making is that there is not a direct correlation between spending and success.

On average a team spending as much as we are should be third. So we are batting above our average. United and Motherwell are batting above theirs. The difference is plainly down to management

I doubt if Aberdeen or Hibs are spending ?2million unless we are talking purely about player salaries in which case I'd guess Hearts would be around the ?5million mark now, not ?10million.

I have noticed that Hearts PR machine is quick enough to give out stats when they are in their favour.

Still awaiting Hearts to announce how many ST holders actually renewed this season but I think they will go along the road of hanging off until the public sale kicks in and just announce a total figure.

Covering up the cracks comes to mind.

On the club site on 22 May, HMFC said "Uptake has been absolutely terrific so far" and that was the day before the renewal deadline for existing ST holders. The following week was set aside for ST holders wishing to change seats so no more would have been sold between the deadline and Friday gone.

Would I be right to think you want an actual figure so you can prove a negative point and that you do not trust (or did not read) what they say or is there another point to all of this?

BTW Can you tell me how many Rangers, Celtic, Hibs etc have sold or is it just HMFC who are subjected to this pedantic scrutiny. If anyone wants a ST they can get one, if they don't then that's fine: I can't see what difference it makes knowing how many have been sold - safety in numbers maybe.

scott herbertson
On the club site on 22 May, HMFC said "Uptake has been absolutely terrific so far"

:eek:

(picture of hearts spokesman terrified by season ticket sales)

..couldn't resist that

Sheriff Fatman
You're right mate - and most of us are more than familiar with Romanov and his methods by now. ;)

We are quite familiar with the 'slash the wrists' brigade too.

MackaysCentreSpot
On the club site on 22 May, HMFC said "Uptake has been absolutely terrific so far" and that was the day before the renewal deadline for existing ST holders.

Wrong. The deadline was the 30th May for existing season ticket holders to renew was it not.

The following week was set aside for ST holders wishing to change seats so no more would have been sold between the deadline and Friday gone.

Wrong again. Only two days were originall set aside which were the 31st May and 1st June

Would I be right to think you want an actual figure so you can prove a negative point and that you do not trust (or did not read) what they say or is there another point to all of this?

Wrong again mate. Do you really think you can slate anyone for not believing what they read when it comes to Hearts after their track record and the broken promises. I think anyone believing what they say as gospel is the one needing questioned.

BTW Can you tell me how many Rangers, Celtic, Hibs etc have sold or is it just HMFC who are subjected to this pedantic scrutiny.

Of no interest to me what amount they sell.

If anyone wants a ST they can get one, if they don't then that's fine: I can't see what difference it makes knowing how many have been sold - safety in numbers maybe.

Yes they can get one and thats great but I still would like Hearts to be upfront and say how many fans actually renewed. Their silence on this matter is deafening.

As I said at the start if they were to be more transparent and honest then maybe just maybe they can win back some trust from the fans.

Just as openness and honesty breeds trust.

There's openness and honesty and then there's doing things which are detrimental to the club's business interests. I want openness and honesty as much as the next person, I'm just not going to demand it when it isn't in the club's best interests.

Asking them to release figures on things like this is just daft. What's even more daft is getting humpty when they don't.

MackaysCentreSpot
On the club site on 22 May, HMFC said "Uptake has been absolutely terrific so far" and that was the day before the renewal deadline for existing ST holders.

24-hours to go!

Final ST call - plus details of Change Over Weekend!

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1317655,00.html

A typing error stating 22nd instead of 29th May.

24-hours to go!

Final ST call - plus details of Change Over Weekend!

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1317655,00.html

A typing error stating 22nd instead of 29th May.

I think your previous post says it all. If you want one it should make no difference what the number is. And I assume you don't know the numbers other clubs have sold because they don't release them with the frequency you expect HMFC to do.

MackaysCentreSpot
I think your previous post says it all. If you want one it should make no difference what the number is. And I assume you don't know the numbers other clubs have sold because they don't release them with the frequency you expect HMFC to do.

Maybe next time you would be wise to check the facts before spouting off at someone.

Amazing you pick out about the only point you gained any advantage on and missed out the many you got wrong.

Maybe next time you would be wise to check the facts before spouting off at someone.

Amazing you pick out about the only point you gained any advantage on and missed out the many you got wrong.

I checked the main fact which was "uptake has been terrific so far".

I am also fairly confident

a) that you sought the figure for negative reasons.

B) that you spouted off without checking re other clubs to see if your demand for actual figures was reasonable.

What I got wrong was minutia and barely relevant.

bighalders

So ANOTHER representative of Hearts meets ANOTHER fan group. Sorry we've been here before. The fact is at best we haven't had a football leader since Jan 1st 08 and we were promised in Jan 08 that the board were looking at a short list of potential managers SIX MONTHS on no manager. Either we aren't trying to get a manager or no one wants the job. Look out for Malofeev taking pre season again and same old same old next season. Hope I'm wrong but no sign we are going to change for the better

MackaysCentreSpot
I checked the main fact which was"uptake has been terrific so far".

And the sad thing is you obviously believe them

I am also fairly confident

a) that you sought the figure for negative reasons.

You seem to getting into the habit of being wrong.

B) that you spouted off without checking re other clubs to see if your demand for actual figures was reasonable.

Please for the last time tell me why I would be interested in any other clubs ST sales. I thought it was reasonable as a Hearts fan to assume that the club would announce how many renewed.

What I got wrong was minutia and barely relevant

Ok. You got the renewal ending date wrong.

You got the seat movement days wrong.

Pretty relevant if you ask me.

Seems you choose to believe what you want but you do not allow others to have their views.

davemclaren
[/b][/color]

Seems you choose to believe what you want but you do not allow others to have their views.

The uptake probably could be considered 'terrific' given the threats of boycotts etc...no?

So ANOTHER representative of Hearts meets ANOTHER fan group. Sorry we've been here before. The fact is at best we haven't had a football leader since Jan 1st 08 and we were promised in Jan 08 that the board were looking at a short list of potential managers SIX MONTHS on no manager. Either we aren't trying to get a manager or no one wants the job. Look out for Malofeev taking pre season again and same old same old next season. Hope I'm wrong but no sign we are going to change for the better

Or the club had their hopes pinned on McGhee and his last minute u-turn left them with the task of doing further work on their second, third, fourth choices or whatever. I don't believe that we aren't trying to get a manager or that nobody wants the job at all. What I am worried about is whether or not the people who want the job are considered to be more or less suitable than the remaining 'managers' in the Ripo/Kaunas/pyramid thing that Vlad has going on.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but I'm sure we'll find out bits and bobs along the way. They tried hard to pin down McGhee, that much is certain. Therefore I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a little longer to see what turns up. Like everyone else, I just wish they'd be a little quicker about it.

MackaysCentreSpot
The uptake probably could be considered 'terrific' given the threats of boycotts etc...no?

That could possibly be the case Dave.

But let me ask you this. With threats of boycotts etc what renewal figure would you find acceptable to call "terrific"

davemclaren
That could possibly be the case Dave.

But let me ask you this. With threats of boycotts etc what renewal figure would you find acceptable to call "terrific"

I've no idea. No-one stated up front what would be acceptable for the club or those proposing a boycott so both will claim some sort of victory I imagine.

londonjambo
It's funny how every time people meet with someone from Hearts whether it be in the Diggers or Lithuania, whether it be the fed or Gary MacKay meeting romanov or KB meeting Mann or London Hearts meeting CO or clandestine meetings in Glasgow hotels they always come back with renewed optimism - but nothing ever changes.

Not suggesting you should be unhappy. :smile:

Point is, I came out of the JKB meetings pretty optimistic about the changes we were told were happening and had already happened to sort out the problems. But none of those changes happened, and 18 months later, they're talking to another group, promising similar changes, to fix the same problems.............

I guess I'm saying, I hope they actually do something this time!

You're all making roughly the same point here. With huge justification. Those that know me will know that I am as fed up with VR and the regime as the next man. Indeed, as I mentioned elsewhere, depsite the "you're not a Hearts fan unless you renew" peer pressure elsewhere on this forum, I did not and will not renew my ST unless the promise of a new manager is kept.

However, there were aspects of the meeting with CO which gave me SOME measure of renewed optimism. They were:

(a) It was a meeting with CO and not with Romanov or his puppet Mann. I do not believe that CO is Vlad's (or anyone else's) puppet. He has had many years experience at Rangers and at the SFA. He knows what he is talking about. He seemed to me to be someone of integrity. I did not get the impression that we were being "fobbed off" - if there were things that were wrong, he admitted them.

(B) CO appared to understand the frustrations of the fans and undersood exactly what the problems of the club are both on and off the field. Contrast that with Rodney's outbursts at the AGM which CO accepted were an embarrassment.

© CO gave the distinct impression that attitudes HAVE changed in Kaunas. There were two main reasons for this; a realisation by VR himself that things had gone badly wrong on the playing side largely caused by the lack of decent management and, importantly, the introduction of this new go-between (whose name he didnt I think reveal) but who he said had been far better at communicating his (CO's) views and ideas to VR and vice versa. The gist was that whereas, formerly, CO felt like he was wasting his breath, he now feels there is a genuine line of communication between himself and VR. This leads on to ...

(d) The fact that CO understood that the appointment of a manager was of paramount importance AND SAID THAT VR UNDERSTOOD THAT NOW TOO. CO let slip that SF wouldnt be at the club next season (which was closely followed by the press release confirming that) and said that he would be "bitterly disappointed" if a new mamager was not in place for pre-season. Now before you all say "Yes, well, there you go, nothing has changed, another broken promise", I would suggest that at the time he said that, we had spoken to MM and had a verbal assurance that he would come. I do not think that VR or CO could have contemplated that MM would change his mind in the manner he did. Since that happened, they will have been working on the other names that they were contemplating. I still think we will have someone in place before the new season starts as it seemed to me to be abundantly clear that the regime now understands the benefits of having an experienced manager in place. CO certainly made it plain that pretty much everything hinges on this appointment because until it is made, they cannot finalise summer targets, wage budgets, scouting requirements etc etc. The point is that CO understands (and says that VR now understands) the importance of that one key issue.

(e) The spiralling wage costs are going to be addressed. That will inevitably mean a decrease in "quality" over the next few years. However, with a decent manager in charge, even on a vastly reduced budget, we ought to be looking to be in Europe every season.

Now, don't get me wrong - you guys might be right and we may never see any of that. But - and here is the but - I came away from the meeting thinking that we had spoken to someone who was aware of the problems at the club and genuinely felt that we were about to start to rectify them.

Which would be nice.

GC

londonjambo
My wee boy's three in a week and a half's time, but we feed him lunch everyday.

Are we spoiling him? ;):P

Well, we promised her that when she turned 5, she could have two meals a day as long as one was gruel.

Yes, well, that came out wrong but you know what I meant ... :)

GC

CornhillHearts

London Hearts boys are normal loyal fans whom deserve to be treated with respect, most of you lot do not and its no wonder Charlie Chan pulled the plug on the first meeting, and I am aware Dave you have his ear.

Archived