Lee Wallace....

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

Hearts have slapped a ?2million price tag on his head according to this mornings edition of The Sun.

vegas-voss
Hearts have slapped a ?2million price tag on his head according to this mornings edition of The Sun.

If thats how much they value him at then it is time we got a manager in to start getting the potential out of him.All these ?2m-?3m players Hearts SEEM to have but yet we have been absolute **** for 2 years.I don't know how we can honestly value any of our players in that bracket after the season we have had except for Kingston and thats only because he does it at international level.

If we got ?2mill for Wallace and ?2mill for berra. That could be considered very good business as long as we bring some quality into the team. Maybe Vlad wants to clear the decks and start from scratch, Im all for it as long as the right man comes in and is allowed to run the football side.

He was close to going in Jan to the huns for a lot less than that. He wants to go.

A good player in there but he needs a manager to sort him out as he is going backwards.

?2m would be good bussiness imho.

vegas-voss
He was close to going in Jan to the huns for a lot less than that. He wants to go.

A good player in there but he needs a manager to sort him out as he is going backwards.

?2m would be good bussiness imho.

Good more like amazing

Bindy Badgy

Is this similar to the ?3 million that Velicka was going to be sold for?

funktasticlad

If they want 2million for wallace then how much do they value Berra at? Berra, scotland international, club captain, 1st name on team sheet since Pressley left. Wallace, under 21 international, has no known position, LB? DM? WB? LM? LW?, been in and out of the team since Burley left and doesnt seem to be getting any better than when he first joined the 1st team squad. If they value Wallace at 2million pounds then Berra is a 4 million pound player if thats the climate hearts feel players are worth. Because Berra surely is double the amount in value as Wallace if not more. I'd be happy with half a million tbh. Again as with Berra would rather he stayed and got a crack under a manager that knew how to run a football team.

chester copperpot
Good more like amazing

How anyone can pay ?2M for either Lee or Chrisophe after the last season and a half is unbelievable.

Dagger Is Back
Sounds like a fire sale.

?2M for LW sounds like bloody good business to me. Agreed this sounds like a fire sale - something stinks here.

vegas-voss
?2M for LW sounds like bloody good business to me. Agreed this sounds like a fire sale - something stinks here.

or maybe it's just to ward off Rangers

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I did hear a rumour Lee Wallace and Kris Boyd were linked in a swap deal

of whch would be fair

frankblack

I would be delighted if we got ?200k for Wallace.

?2m for a player that rarely makes the first team or does anything when in it is a bizarre price.

I can't understand all the criticism. In the past we have snapped at the first offer the OF came along with and people criticised us for selling at under value. Now when we slap a high price on a player, people still bump their gums.

If Rangers think he's worth ?2m, they'll pay it: otherwise they won't.

What must be rmembered is that we nurtured this guy for 5 years and are entitled to a reasonable return on that investment.

Really?

Another player wanting to leave the club.

Really?

Good business for Vlad.

I dont actually think football is our main business anymore. It doesnt seem like it.

Drylaw Hearts
I can't understand all the criticism. In the past we have snapped at the first offer the OF came along with and people criticised us for selling at under value. Now when we slap a high price on a player, people still bump their gums.

If Rangers think he's worth ?2m, they'll pay it: otherwise they won't.

What must be rmembered is that we nurtured this guy for 5 years and are entitled to a reasonable return on that investment.

We are entitled to a reasonable return.

But ?2million ?

Completely unrealistic value imo.

It's laughable to think we are asking for more money for Wallace than we did for Skacel or Hartley !!

Laughable.

Dr. Bapswent

What is everyone talking about?

There is no fire sale.

They are simply putting a decent proce on these young players as they are aware that its at this time of the season, and in the future, where clubs will come calling to strengthen thier squads.

By giving them a price such as 2million, they are either fending of propsective offers or making sure they at least get a good deal IF players are sold.

I see no sign of a fire sale, as that would mean players are actually gettting sold.

Berra wanting to move and Wallace being worth 2 million does not mean the club are selling up all its talent.

I'd be fairly happy with ?1m for Wallace, but if we're also looking to sign Jose, then we need to get 2 new left backs in, unless there's any promising youths?

Drylaw Hearts
What is everyone talking about?

There is no fire sale.

They are simply putting a decent proce on these young players as they are aware that its at this time of the season, and in the future, where clubs will come calling to strengthen thier squads.

By giving them a price such as 2million, they are either fending of propsective offers or making sure they at least get a good deal IF players are sold.

I see no sign of a fire sale, as that would mean players are actually gettting sold.

Berra wanting to move and Wallace being worth 2 million does not mean the club are selling up all its talent.

head_in_sand.jpg

Dr. Bapswent
We are entitled to a reasonable return.

But ?2million ?

Completely unrealistic value imo.

It's laughable to think we are asking for more money for Wallace than we did for Skacel or Hartley !!

Laughable.

usb_panic_1.png

Drylaw Hearts
usb_panic_1.png

Panic at the thought of getting ?2million Lee Wallace ?

On the contrary Dr B.

Velicka when he was the only player scoring for us and Bednar since April, and we're only in the first week of the summer transfer window...

But you're right that the issue needs revisited later in the summer

Jam Tarts 1874

Seems like the wrist-slashers are going to be out in force. It is they that have their heads in the sand!

Maybe some people need reminding that Hearts were ?36.7m in debt as at 31.7.07. It is the long term future and viability of the club that has priority. If Romanov can get ?2m+ for less than average players like Berra and Wallace I say good on him.

Drylaw Hearts, would you have Hearts struggle along with this massive debt just so you can see Berra and Wallace play? Now that really would be hiding from reality!

If it is all becoming too much for the wrist-slashers, here is the Samaritans no: 08457 90 90 90, they are there to help!

Drylaw Hearts
Seems like the wrist-slashers are going to be out in force. It is they that have their heads in the sand!

Maybe some people need reminding that Hearts were ?36.7m in debt as at 31.7.07. It is the long term future and viability of the club that has priority. If Romanov can get ?2m+ for less than average players like Berra and Wallace I say good on him.

Drylaw Hearts, would you have Hearts struggle along with this massive debt just so you can see Berra and Wallace play? Now that really would be hiding from reality!

If it is all becoming too much for the wrist-slashers, here is the Samaritans no: 08457 90 90 90, they are there to help!

Not at all.

I actually hope they are all sold.

IMO the sooner the debt gets down towards ?20million the sooner VR will be out of here.

Dr. Bapswent
Velicka when he was the only player scoring for us and Bednar since April, and we're only in the first week of the summer transfer window...

But you're right that the issue needs revisited later in the summer

2 players which have clear reasons for being sold.

not simply getting rid of them because we can.

2 players which have clear reasons for being sold.

not simply getting rid of them because we can.

What were the clear reasons other than Vlad banking cash?

That we had suitable replacements? That we are changing to a 4-6-0 formation next season and dont need strikers?

Not at all.

I actually hope they are all sold.

IMO the sooner the debt gets down towards ?20million the sooner VR will be out of here.

There seems to be an air of certainty in your tone??

Dr. Bapswent
What were the clear reasons other than Vlad banking cash?

That we had suitable replacements? That we are changing to a 4-6-0 formation next season and dont need strikers?

Bednar wanted away, he clearly wasnt playing for us. No point in him staying on the books.

Velicka got a good deal, both for himself and his club.

He admitted as much himself.

Cant argue with that.

So Hearts lost out on their only scoring striker. Ok, but HMFC are not the only interest of VR. Velicka moved onwards and upwards. Good on him.

Boaby Ewing
Sounds like a fire sale.

Surely a fire sale would mean slapping a price tag of about ?300,000 on him.

There's maybe ?2 million worth of potential player there in Wallace, but I very much doubt he's done enough to justify that price tag yet.

Still, if it works for the Hobos, and someone's willing to pay, then why not.

That's not a dig at Wallace - it's very hard to judge the real value of any of our players (barring Kingston) for the reasons we all know.

Buffalo Bill

The only thing in Carrick Knowe that's worth ?2M are the fixtures and fittings in TedP's house.

Jacuzzi%20@%20Jamjuree%20Suite.jpg

Buffalo Bill

maroonlegions

should keep vlads bank happy for now eh.

John Gentleman

Mebbes the bad, mad yin should pack as many of our players as possible in the boot of his car and flog them off on the streets of Moskva?

Drylaw Hearts
There seems to be an air of certainty in your tone??

It's more hope.

I see no reason for him to stick around any longer Jammy T.

His grand plan of 'showcasing' Lithuanians has bombed.

I think he is under pressure from UBIG to sort out the mess that is HMFC and try and offload us from it's portfolio.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Bednar wanted away, he clearly wasnt playing for us. No point in him staying on the books.

Velicka got a good deal, both for himself and his club.

He admitted as much himself.

Cant argue with that.

So Hearts lost out on their only scoring striker. Ok, but HMFC are not the only interest of VR. Velicka moved onwards and upwards. Good on him.

You can argue with that.

The deal was good for everyone apart from US. I couldn't care less if we aren't Romanovs only interest. We are the biggest in the pyramid of pish so we should surely be his main interest.

How much did Velicka go for? ?600k? Terrible deal in the middle of the season when we were struggling and he was in good form.

Is the backwaters of Norway onwards and upwards? I seem to recall an article with Velicka saying he didn't really have a say in the move.

Hans von Luck
It's more hope.

I think he is under pressure from UBIG to sort out the mess that is HMFC and try and offload us from it's portfolio.

I think that you are being a bit melodramatic Drylaw Hearts on this one, all banks and business in general are under pressure just now, you only have to look at the mess B&B are in on the news.

If we can bring in good money for Berra and Wallace then so be it, no different than as quoted earlier Spurs feeder team Rankgers for McGregor.

Drylaw Hearts
I think that you are being a bit melodramatic Drylaw Hearts on this one, all banks and business in general are under pressure just now, you only have to look at the mess B&B are in on the news.

If we can bring in good money for Berra and Wallace then so be it, no different than as quoted earlier Spurs feeder team Rankgers for McGregor.

Melodramatic ?

In what way ?

I firmly believe he's working on an exit strategy.

It's more hope.

I certainly hear he has been told to sort out Hearts by the controllers at UBIG.

Whether that means selling etc... remains to be seen.

For what it's worth I don't want Hearts to lose young Scottish talent (abliet still a bit to go) but if we got say ?3.5m for the pair then that's good business.

At the end of the day if we started with a brand new squad from last season's shambles then who could argue.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The problem here is that it is unclear what the strategy is for the future.

So, the pessimists see the doom and gloom of players disappearing while the optimists applaud the price we're asking for them.

It would be helpful if there was tangible direction at the club, starting with the appointment of a manager. At the moment, we are completely rudderless and drifting.

Hans von Luck
Melodramatic ?

In what way ?

I firmly believe he's working on an exit strategy.

In your heart of hearts (excuse the pun) do you really think Berra and Wallace are worth ?4mill in todays market.

It is what is known as good business.

As for you comments on a exit strategy well what if he is thinking of leaving in the future (can you blame him) , there are plenty on this forum who want him to **** off anyway.

I for one am in it for the long journey, bright or dim whatever the case.

Drylaw Hearts
I certainly hear he has been told to sort out Hearts by the controllers at UBIG.

Whether that means selling etc... remains to be seen.

For what it's worth I don't want Hearts to lose young Scottish talent (abliet still a bit to go) but if we got say ?3.5m for the pair then that's good business.

At the end of the day if we started with a brand new squad from last season's shambles then who could argue.

I see no reason for UBIG to keep us.

As I said previously the big attraction was to 'showcase' Lithuanian talent.

We've helped FBK Kaunas sell 1 player from the 15 or so players we've had from them.

It's a flawed plan as the goods they want to punt are worthless.

UBIG must realise that this is money poorly spent.

Drylaw Hearts
In your heart of hearts (excuse the pun) do you really think Berra and Wallace are worth ?4mill in todays market.

It is what is known as good business.

As for you comments on a exit strategy well what if he is thinking of leaving in the future (can you blame him) , there are plenty on this forum who want him to **** off anyway.

I for one am in it for the long journey, bright or dim whatever the case.

I don't think they are worth that and I'll be delighted if that sort of money is received.

As for the folk wanting him to **** off - can you blame them ?

I too am in it for the long journey and I know I'll be here long after VR gives in as he's incapable of delivering what he promised.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Sun you say.

Which is exactly why, and I've been saying this for a couple of months, any suggestion that we will be building a new stand / hotel / retail block in the near future is dead in the water.

But that's a side issue

The current economic situation is only a concern for businesses if:

1. they need new finance (say for a ?50m stand)

2. their interest rates of debt change to unmanageable levels

If you can afford your debt repayments and have no need to raise new funds you should be able to ride out the storm

So, there is some reason for the pressure to sell - which I believe there is.

Every bank in the world is taking a hit at the moment and I dont believe UKIO is swimming along nicely. The only way it can survive will be by obtaining liquidity from other bigger banks. There is no liquidity in the banking system so there is a chance it is UKIO that needs money from whatever source hence the need for Hearts to sell whatever they can

If UBIG owns Hearts and UKIO and UKIO lend money to Hearts, and Hearts repay the money when due then there should be no problem with the debt and no need to sell anything...

...unless some other pressing need arises

Nelly Terraces

?2mill for Wallace. C'mon, that HAS to be a wind up. If that's the state of the current transfer market then I must be worth about ?500,000:p!!!

Archived