Moscow - It's bloody huge

Tazio

I arrived in Moscow a few hours ago for the first time.

Now call me naive but even though I knew it was a massive city I am astonished at the sheer size of the area of it.

And one of the people I am working with has already been stung for ?70 for a 20 minute taxi ride due to not asking what the fair was before he set off. Eejit.

When i went we arrived at night so seeing the whole city lit up showed the size of the place.

It's changed a lot since I was there (GUM for example. It's a palace now but was very down at heel when I was there) but i hope you get to see the sights.

Novodivichy Convent is beautiful.

Hopefully you can still get into Lenin's Mausoleum. Worth the queueing!

Enjoy Comrade!

The Old Tolbooth

Population 10.5 Million people! :eek:

To think I thought Barcelona was big! :confused:

Have a good trip Taz :)

Buffalo Bill

If you find it, can John Terry have his ball back?

Buffalo Bill

Mister Dee
If you find it, can John Terry have his ball back?

Buffalo Bill

Dude, that's cruel.......but funny!

I arrived in Moscow a few hours ago for the first time.

Now call me naive but even though I knew it was a massive city I am astonished at the sheer size of the area of it.

And one of the people I am working with has already been stung for ?70 for a 20 minute taxi ride due to not asking what the fair was before he set off. Eejit.

Have you been driving around the city aimlessly since you left the airport? :P

Its the largest city I have ever been in.

What's the price of living over there? Or more directly, what's the price of a pint?

Boris was in Moscow years ago. Shock horror.

Are you a 'sleeper'...

;)

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, comrade.

I wasn't left wing at the time, believe it or not.

I would love to go back, but fear that the free market will have ruined the mystique of the place.

Leningrad is worth another visit too. Beautiful place.

What's the price of living over there? Or more directly, what's the price of a pint?

Moscow is the most expensive city on the planet. :eek:

Nelly Terraces
When i went we arrived at night so seeing the whole city lit up showed the size of the place.

It's changed a lot since I was there (GUM for example. It's a palace now but was very down at heel when I was there) but i hope you get to see the sights.

Novodivichy Convent is beautiful.

Hopefully you can still get into Lenin's Mausoleum. Worth the queueing!

Enjoy Comrade!

Visit there Boris?? I thought you bloody lived there!!:):wacko:

Boris was in Moscow years ago. Shock horror.

Are you a 'sleeper'... ;)

Only one way to find out CC.

Boris, 'The dog is walking in the noonday sun'.

This is your target 0,,10289~463685,00.jpg

Report back to control for debrief once the target has been eliminated.

Only one way to find out CC.

Boris, 'The dog is walking in the noonday sun'.

This is your target 0,,10289~463685,00.jpg

Report back to control for debrief once the target has been eliminated.

72614714.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=A2D8330EF8338A79812C96286E110CCE284831B75F48EF45

Manchurian.jpg

Rover will know if you fail in your mission Agent Boris.

rover.jpg

Woah!

Did you know that in one of the episodes where No 6 "escapes", "Many Happy Returns" I think, returns to London and he plots the whereabouts of The Village as the Lithuanian coast! :eek:

coppercrutch
Rover will know if you fail in your mission Agent Boris.

rover.jpg

I don't think Boris will fail. His comrades would never forgive him.

I don't think Boris will fail. His comrades would never forgive him.

Neither will the Ancient Order of Dalridians.

Terrible Trio

are you staying in the cosmos :eek:

hotels rip you off for bevvy - we done the off licence across the road, much cheaper

most taxis will quote you 2500 for a journey - even for a few miles - tell them to get f****d

metro is fine once you understand it - 40p a journey

I can give you a name of a bar where they let you drink all afternoon for free - just get out the door and up the road before they catch you :rolleyes:

Well today I managed to get the same taxi journey for 450 roubles. It pays to be assertive and get the fare before the driver gets into 1st gear. I also spent all day working with 2 lighting guys who turned up at 9am stinking of booze and kept topping it up all day. By the time I finished at 11pm I reckon one of them had easily sank a whole bottle. He also got a bit huffy because I wouldn't have any, oddly as I was working 8 metres in the air under russian health and safety (none) I didn't think it was a good idea.

I then spent an hour in the worst traffic jam I have ever seen, think Calcutta without the driving skills.

Well today I managed to get the same taxi journey for 450 roubles. It pays to be assertive and get the fare before the driver gets into 1st gear. I also spent all day working with 2 lighting guys who turned up at 9am stinking of booze and kept topping it up all day. By the time I finished at 11pm I reckon one of them had easily sank a whole bottle. He also got a bit huffy because I wouldn't have any, oddly as I was working 8 metres in the air under russian health and safety (none) I didn't think it was a good idea.

I then spent an hour in the worst traffic jam I have ever seen, think Calcutta without the driving skills.

Much more civilised under the Reds you see Taz.;)

davemclaren
Much more civilised under the Reds you see Taz.;)

Correct, no cars unless you were one of the politburo....I assume you were part of the party elite. :whistling:

Correct, no cars unless you were one of the politburo....I assume you were part of the party elite. :whistling:

Oh, the workers had plenty of cars. They just weren't that reliable...:wacko:

The Party elite had their own lanes on the road though. The "red lanes" being a precursor to our green lanes. The big Zil cars that they were driven about in were class.

Archived