5.30 kick off time would beat uefa Live tv rules

dellboy1971

queensferryjambo

Stuttgart game was fine, it's probably Bayern Munich you're thinking of? Got fined and banned from showing ANY footage publicly from our next game. The Great Waldo appealed and UEFA doubled the punishment!!!

Could be wrong but I think it was more than one home game that was not allowed to be shown. If memory serves me correctly the home games against Dnipro and Bologna were not telvised but both away games were.

Shame as both home games were excellent.

Could be wrong but I think it was more than one home game that was not allowed to be shown. If memory serves me correctly the home games against Dnipro and Bologna were not telvised but both away games were.

That rings a bell.

The Bologna tie was infuriating....still don't know how we managed to bugger up a great home leg.

Lack of gratitude being shown to the ex pats funding our club monthly let alone 10000 season ticket holders who attend less fashionable matches or even other cup matches such as Forfar or Annan.

I'm alright Jack attitude is a bit embarrassing given the collaborative efforts of far more than those who have the points.

I've said that is still the best system but this is an entirely different issue.

This isn't about going to the game it's access to the game from afar.

It's not about a lack of gratitude at all.

It's about treating the idea that tv viewers are more important than the match going punters with exactly the contempt it deserves. Moving a kick off time to inconvenience thousands of supporters so some folk in America or Australia can see the match? **** right off with that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's about treating the idea that tv viewers are more important than the match going punters with exactly the contempt it deserves. Moving a kick off time to inconvenience thousands of supporters so some folk in America or Australia can see the match? **** right off with that.

You may not have a match to watch if it weren't for some of those punters.

I can't say I disagree with you to be honest and if you read my early post you will see that.

But it is a real pity for thousands who won't see it through no fault of their own that those who can wouldn't be willing to make any sacrifice

Especially in our recent circumstances

Bazzas right boot

Could have been changed if was organised before, but would be harsh on the 20k punters going to the game to change the time now.

If the SFA/ the clubs had known this as soon as there was a reply, it could have been organised then.

I've not checked the OP's profile but I doubt there's anyone in America or Australia requesting/suggesting a change of kick off time.

We're just all hoping Hearts TV (or worst case scenario Hibs TV) can rustle something up for us to watch.

I realise this is a "change the time thread" but I don't think the post you were replying to was suggesting that, just venting at the ridiculous rules that are preventing all of us from watching this.

I do agree we don't deserve any, or any more, gratitude than any other punter. We don't give our money to the club for gratitude.

That rings a bell.

The Bologna tie was infuriating....still don't know how we managed to bugger up a great home leg.

Blame Henry Smith

Lack of gratitude being shown to the ex pats funding our club monthly let alone 10000 season ticket holders who attend less fashionable matches or even other cup matches such as Forfar or Annan.

I'm alright Jack attitude is a bit embarrassing given the collaborative efforts of far more than those who have the points.

I've said that is still the best system but this is an entirely different issue.

This isn't about going to the game it's access to the game from afar.

It's also about selling our game and that isn't helped when a big game like this - one of the few that actually registers on folk outside Scotland - is not shown live.

This game is never going to be on tv. I wonder what would have happened had Celtic and Rangers been in exactly the same position...probably the same but I bet the SFA would have been a lot more vocal.

ToadKiller Dog

It's entirely Scottish footballs fault in terms of scheduling they no the rules .

It's a crap Uefa protectionism rule that needs challenged by the smaller nations associations as the rule hurts the smaller clubs .

Must be some way of bending the rules such as a private screening to members only type of thing .

Nope,

We're quick enough to complain when the game is moved for TV at the best of times. How are fans expected to finish work and get there in time for that kick off

I got a ticket today....150 notes but it involves a free bar and a meal and probably sitting on my hands for the duration......no prizes for guessing where in the ground it is!!

Still tickets left!!

Jambof3tornado

I got a ticket today....150 notes but it involves a free bar and a meal and probably sitting on my hands for the duration......no prizes for guessing where in the ground it is!!

Still tickets left!!

Best of luck with the sitting on your hands!!!!

I've been very much on the this should be on TV any which way. Different date, kick off time etc.

But tickets have now been sold. The game should rightly be on Tuesday 16th at 7.45. The boat has sailed and I'm on the dockside

avhudtheteeshirt

I find it strange that they cannot show it for any sort of contractual reason as nowadays both SKY and the BBC can regionalise their broadcasts, so certain areas cannot watch!

To my way of thinking, do we really think that UEFA will be that bothered if a Scottish City transmitted its local derby game live?

Realistically, how many viewers would they lose, 10-15000 tops, and if they wanted to watch Champions League then it would still be there if wanted.

I just find it mystifying that our Native Football which is sadly in decline, has 1 of the biggest games of this season and it can't be broadcast to our Nation as someone is playing in Belgium ect.?

I, for one have never watched a Champions League Game yet this season and would rather listen to our teams on the radio, than watch over priced stars posturing and wriggling about on manicured pitches, when I see no benefit to the game here!!!!!

Seems to me that football fans who regularly complain about games being moved for the TV at the inconvenience of fans attending the match are now asking that a game be moved for the TV at the inconvenience of fans attending the match.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I find it strange that they cannot show it for any sort of contractual reason as nowadays both SKY and the BBC can regionalise their broadcasts, so certain areas cannot watch!

To my way of thinking, do we really think that UEFA will be that bothered if a Scottish City transmitted its local derby game live?

Realistically, how many viewers would they lose, 10-15000 tops, and if they wanted to watch Champions League then it would still be there if wanted.

I just find it mystifying that our Native Football which is sadly in decline, has 1 of the biggest games of this season and it can't be broadcast to our Nation as someone is playing in Belgium ect.?

I, for one have never watched a Champions League Game yet this season and would rather listen to our teams on the radio, than watch over priced stars posturing and wriggling about on manicured pitches, when I see no benefit to the game here!!!!!

Pretty sure it is so their partners or sponsors have no competition it's not about attendance

The simple fact is that those who deserve to be at the game will be. Due to having 2 young children, I've been unable to attend many away games but I just had to suck it up even though I've been an ST holder for 30 years.

So we want to prioritise television over people who go to the game (again)? 

It's not a case of "prioritising" as you put it.

There are thousands of fans who would be there if they could get tickets!

There are many, many who just cannot be there for various reasons!

It's about balance and what would be the greater good, not forgetting the financial windfall for the club.

It's just a tad selfish to say,

"I've got a ticket so, ya boo sucks to all the rest of you!"

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's not a case of "prioritising" as you put it.

There are thousands of fans who would be there if they could get tickets!

There are many, many who just cannot be there for various reasons!

It's about balance and what would be the greater good, not forgetting the financial windfall for the club.

It's just a tad selfish to say,

"I've got a ticket so, ya boo sucks to all the rest of you!"

The irony of the echo dome not being big enough.

I don't think a lot of folk are getting it.

Not enough seats to satisfy everyone. That isn't the point . Not a loyalty thread even though thousands who can't go have shown incredible loyalty for years.

This is a thread about giving the maximum amount of people access to the game

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If only we built the stadium up at Loanhead. We could have had a gentlemans agreement that every derby would be 50/50 split. We could easily fill a 30k stadium 4 times a season. :wonga:

avhudtheteeshirt

Sorry to say but having listened to STV sport tonight, Doncaster is saying that Scottish Clubs may be omitted from top European competition as they only want Spain, France, Germany, Italy and England to compete to maximise revenue for their already overpaid elite teams!!!

Its very ironic it would come to light as we can't televise a Derby game because of their over rated hyped up League is taking place, and then we find out they don't want us to even compete??????????

It's all personal choice, of course but i've not watched English Football for a long time....over-priced garbage.

The Champions League is a money making exercise...they don't even hide the fact any more....and they're trying to make it even more of a farce with this breakaway nonsense.

The whole thing died when two or three teams from "BIG" countries qualified at the expense of smaller nations.

Sorry to say but having listened to STV sport tonight, Doncaster is saying that Scottish Clubs may be omitted from top European competition as they only want Spain, France, Germany, Italy and England to compete to maximise revenue for their already overpaid elite teams!!!

Its very ironic it would come to light as we can't televise a Derby game because of their over rated hyped up League is taking place, and then we find out they don't want us to even compete??????????

Absolute greed but in a corrupt world no surprise.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Trying to Americanise European football :seething:

I will never watch a champions league game again if it happens. They are taking away the reason I love football in the sense that any regular club can progress to the top.

****ing vermin *****

Let's be honest lads, it's another indication of how broken football is that these kinds of things can happen. The money grabbing at UEFA is astounding and it's baffling how they feel so threatened by a cup game in Scotland that it can't be shown on TV because they're worried they'll lose viewers and money for some shite like PSG v Chelsea.

I wonder if this is what the European Cup was set up for, all those years ago. Just to make the elite even richer and widen the gap between the smaller clubs and the bigger ones.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Let's be honest lads, it's another indication of how broken football is that these kinds of things can happen. The money grabbing at UEFA is astounding and it's baffling how they feel so threatened by a cup game in Scotland that it can't be shown on TV because they're worried they'll lose viewers and money for some shite like PSG v Chelsea.

I wonder if this is what the European Cup was set up for, all those years ago. Just to make the elite even richer and widen the gap between the smaller clubs and the bigger ones.

:spoton:

I wonder if this is what the European Cup was set up for, all those years ago. Just to make the elite even richer and widen the gap between the smaller clubs and the bigger ones

All of football these days is like that. To some extent the fans are to blame for buying in to Sky and other companies that are sucking the life out of football.

I haven't watched a Champions League game since cooncil tv stopped showing it, I've never been a subscriber to Sky or BT and I don't buy Heineken lager on principle (no great loss that mind).

Well there are thousands of people like me who live overseas want to see a live broadcast. Have heard Hobb1t5TV might be running so will have to buy that. So yes prioritise TV over game goers, not a new concept.

Well there are thousands of people like me who live overseas want to see a live broadcast. Have heard Hobb1t5TV might be running so will have to buy that. So yes prioritise TV over game goers, not a new concept.

FFS its not on telly get over it

TV is one thing International broadcasting is another. UEFA seem to have their claws all over the planet!

MacDonald Jardine

Do you really wonder?

That's quite clearly what it was set up for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Like I said, my memory was one game blackout and ?90,000 fine. Every aspect of the punishment was doubled on appeal. Two games and ?180,000.

Nobody has been fined that for racism yet I don't think!!!

Do you really wonder?

That's quite clearly what it was set up for.

60 years ago teams like Dundee were getting to the semi final. You'll never see a Scottish team repeat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

60 years ago teams like Dundee were getting to the semi final. You'll never see a Scottish team repeat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I'm agreeing with you.

The current set up is s joke.

Hibs TV aren't allowed to show it either.

Archived