Looking for a Mortgage

DaveyT

Does anyone know the best place to go for a mortgage ?

Or the best lender ?

I am putting down a 75 % deposit on the property

Or the best lender ?

Try London & Country; they will source the best one for you.

http://www.lcplc.co.uk/

Try London & Country; they will source the best one for you.

http://www.lcplc.co.uk/

So predictable!

It's worth looking at going direct to lenders as many of them are offering cheaper deals that they ones they sell through brokers/intermediaries.

Or the best lender ?

go to an independant financial advisor.:)

CornhillHearts

Depends what you're looking for, currently re-mortgaging with Nationwide fixed rate 5 years @5.95% (no fees) pretty competitive.

When your thoughts turn to Mortgages, turn to RBS. ;)

The number one bank for customer service.

I am going to one tomorrow ;)

Best thing to do. Mortgage prices will be pretty rough right now, especially with the big banks.

chester copperpot
But your not booked in on my diary ;)

In all seriousness though, JM is the most trusted individual I have met in the financial advice industry.

Granted not that great a recommendation, but he's the sort of guy who gives you the best deal, regardless of what commision he receives. (which is likely to be huge anyway).

Vote JM, he's the way forward.

I am going to one tomorrow ;)

there is a guy in Musselburgh, he got a great company, The Edinburgh Mortgage Company, he is a good jambo as well.

Good Luck.:107years:

The Old Tolbooth
In all seriousness though, JM is the most trusted individual I have met in the financial advice industry.

Granted not that great a recommendation, but he's the sort of guy who gives you the best deal, regardless of what commision he receives. (which is likely to be huge anyway).

Vote JM, he's the way forward.

I think you fancy me :confused:

:D

CostaJambo
I think you fancy me :confused:

John, are there any decent buy-to-let mortgages on the go at present?

But your not booked in on my diary ;)

Are there any 85% BTL Products available now, with 100% rental cover, say fixed for 2 years ? what rate ? and what arrangement fee?

curious Jambo.:)

chester copperpot
Are there any 85% BTL Products available now, with 100% rental cover, say fixed for 2 years ? what rate ? and what arrangement fee?

Book an appointment ya cheapskate. And he's free for the appointment too ;)

badly drawn boy

No in a word

You've got to be careful with mortgages, they're elusive ****ers.

I found one in my shrubbery the other day, the little tyke. Had to bash it a few times with the rake just to teach it to **** off out of my garden.

badly drawn boy

At it Jambo more like

No in a word

pity i could have put some business your way, whats best on the go at the moment.:107years:

badly drawn boy
:blahblah:
pity i could have put some business your way, whats best on the go at the moment.:107years:

coppercrutch

Buy to let mortgages ...... :eek:

Unless you are putting down a seriously hefty deposit then this will probably be one of the worst investments you could ever make. Save your cash.

Put it somewhere VERY SAFE and if you still want to get into BTL ?? When prices have crashed to sensible levels then and only then dive in.

At the moment the numbers simply do not add up. Not even close. Especially in Edinburgh. To put it very simply BTL is a decent investment when the rent you will receive comes close to paying your mortgage, or even leaves you with a little left over. BTL is a good investment when it actually gives you a monthly profit. :)

This advice is free, use it. I think I should start charging.

;)

chester copperpot

Unless you are putting down a seriously hefty deposit then this will probably be one of the worst investments you could ever make. Save your cash.

Put it somewhere VERY SAFE and if you still want to get into BTL ?? When prices have crashed to sensible levels then and only then dive in.

At the moment the numbers simply do not add up. Not even close. Especially in Edinburgh. To put it very simply BTL is a decent investment when the rent you will receive comes close to paying your mortgage, or even leaves you with a little left over. BTL is a good investment when it actually gives you a monthly profit. :)

;)

Totally agree with CC on this one. Wait your time.

Boaby Ewing

;)

Over four hours since the original post.

You're slipping. ;)

70's Throwback

;)

BTL is all about long term investment/retirement solution rather than focusing on making monthly profits. Both is obviously the ideal!

The Old Tolbooth

Bank of Ireland 6.99% fixed for 3 or 5 years with a 1% arrangement fee :)

Happy to help for free ;)

coppercrutch
Over four hours since the original post.

You're slipping. ;)

I was out golfing !!! :)

I have been giving this free advice for ages on this site. Seems a lot of my 'nonsense' is not quite so non-sensical after all. :rolleyes:

Helping strangers avoid mistakes. I feel like Mother Theresa.

coppercrutch
BTL is all about long term investment/retirement solution rather than focusing on making monthly profits. Both is obviously the ideal!

Indeed. So why not wait until the time when you can get both at the same time....

4 years would seem to be the best bet, based on previous similar circumstances.

The Old Tolbooth

;)

Whilst I probably wouldn't recommend someone getting into the BTL market just now, there are plenty of people who already have these mortgages and are coming to the end of their deal who need another one sorted out, rather than go onto the SVR, so still scope for mortgage brokers to set up a BTL mortgage ;)

70's Throwback
Indeed. So why not wait until the time when you can get both at the same time....

4 years would seem to be the best bet, based on previous similar circumstances.

I'm not saying to go out and invest in Buy to Let now, was just meaning to think of it as a long term investment when the time is right.

70's Throwback
Whilst I probably wouldn't recommend someone getting into the BTL market just now, there are plenty of people who already have these mortgages and are coming to the end of their deal who need another one sorted out, rather than go onto the SVR, so still scope for mortgage brokers to set up a BTL mortgage ;)

Although it's also easy enough to research and shop around yourself ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Badly Drawn Boy answered it perfectly mate :)

LizzyHearts2
Depends what you're looking for, currently re-mortgaging with Nationwide fixed rate 5 years @5.95% (no fees) pretty competitive.

re-mortgaging isn't a get out clause. It's simply another debt being added onto the one u already have(whether competitive or not!), a bit like taking out a loan or having a credit card bill u really can't afford!

marshallschunkychicken

Or the best lender ?

Just live in Diggers, Goatheid....

;)

The Old Tolbooth
Although it's also easy enough to research and shop around yourself ;)

It is, however you may not have access to some of the deals that a proper broker might ;)

Mr God Awful Ugly

I got tired of all the fan nying about every couple of years having to change your mortgage and getting fleeced for the previledge each time.

Now I've got something that I'm happy with. An Egg offset mortgage.

This mortgage will just run it's course to the end at 1% variable above base rate. You have a savings account aligned to it that doesn't earn interest but is offset against the amount you owe, so your monthly payment takes more money off your debt, the more you have in savings. Theoretically it can take years off your mortgage term if you avoid the temptation of horsing your savings.

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_106220--View_2247,00.html

70's Throwback
It is, however you may not have access to some of the deals that a proper broker might ;)

..and likewise, customers who go direct to lenders can get cheaper deals than those sold through intermediaries/brokers ;)

CornhillHearts
re-mortgaging isn't a get out clause. It's simply another debt being added onto the one u already have(whether competitive or not!), a bit like taking out a loan or having a credit card bill u really can't afford!

Thanks for that. The thought never occured to me.

The Old Tolbooth
..and likewise, customers who go direct to lenders can get cheaper deals than those sold through intermediaries/brokers ;)

Not if the broker doesn't charge a fee ;)

I get the feeling this could be tit for tat here :D

70's Throwback
Not if the broker doesn't charge a fee ;)

I get the feeling this could be tit for tat here :D

;)

On a separate note, what's your thoughts on the retail distribution review out of interest?

coppercrutch

You talk a lot of sense.

In a similar vein 'Equity Release' is probably one of the most misunderstood financial offers of recent history.

People convinced they are getting money for nothing when in fact it is just more debt with more and more interest added.

I do hope I get rewarded for my self discipline and hatred of debt !!

It is there alongside TCF, rather than being TCF itself.

I think someone ....... JM ....... has just googled "retail distribution review" and replied.

:P

The Old Tolbooth
I think someone ....... JM ....... has just googled "retail distribution review" and replied.

:P

I think if you read the reply I edited afterward and added the link ;)

I think if you read the reply I edited afterward and added the link ;)

70's Throwback if I ever need mortgage advice again can I come to you as whatever you are speaking about it seems good and knowledgeable ... unless you googled it like johnmitchell :eek:.

:)

The Old Tolbooth
70's Throwback if I ever need mortgage advice again can I come to you as whatever you are speaking about it seems good and knowledgeable ... unless you googled it like johnmitchell :eek:.

:)

:bootyshake:

Archived