How to market an away kit properly

upthehill

rudi must stay
What a difference in these 2 marketing campaigns! Shame we're playing the Glens not Linfield next month!

http://www.linfieldfc.com/

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.asp?nid=2990

No offence to Robert Hastie from Kelso, but it's just not the same!!!

we've always been terrible at marketing, remember that daft ad with 'what the beutiful people will be wearing this summer' :P

I was thinking about the "what the beautiful people say ads", to be honest it's the only one that I can really remember so perhaps it wasn't as stupid as most people think.

What a difference in these 2 marketing campaigns! Shame we're playing the Glens not Linfield next month!

http://www.linfieldfc.com/

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.asp?nid=2990

No offence to Robert Hastie from Kelso, but it's just not the same!!!

ya dancer! that's some poony that we hussy has on her!

ferkin delicious :P

Philip Mitchell of UMBRO contacted LinfieldFC.com to say he was delighted with supporter reaction to the new Linfield away kit which goes on sale at the Windsor Park Superstore on Friday evening.

Philip also invited supporters to come along on Friday evening to meet and be photographed with the stunningly gorgeous Lucy Evangilista, who is modelling the new Linfield away kit so splendidly in the photos on this website.

Lucy Evangilista Miss Northern Ireland:dribble::dribble::dribble:

You googled her aswell???

You gooled her aswell???

Sounds sorta twisted.

"Aye... gave her a good gooling"

Sounds sorta twisted.

"Aye... gave her a good gooling"

Chance would be a fine thing!!!

Seymour M Hersh
Lucy Evangilista Miss Northern Ireland:dribble::dribble::dribble:

Good Irish name!!;)

Oh and she puts the recently crowned miss Scotland to shame!!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm glad that Hearts don't cheapen the brand with that sort of marketing. I like to think we're a bit of a cut above and don't need semi-naked ladies to sell the club or its merchandise.

It's just not classy or dignified. So there. :P

I was thinking about the "what the beautiful people say ads", to be honest it's the only one that I can really remember so perhaps it wasn't as stupid as most people think.

remember this??

2545118882_d06aa7bcc5_b.jpg

Commander Harris
Maybe it's just me, but I'm glad that Hearts don't cheapen the brand with that sort of marketing. I like to think we're a bit of a cut above and don't need semi-naked ladies to sell the club or its merchandise.

it's not just you. :)

I think the club have got this right, even setting aside the classy or dignified side of things, if you consider that a large proportion of the market for replica kits is young kids it makes perfect sense.

You'll get a group of people that will buy the kit every year regardless so they don't really need it to be marketed to them anyway, so concentrate on those you can tempt.

it's not just you. :)

I think the club have got this right, even setting aside the classy or dignified side of things, if you consider that a large proportion of the market for replica kits is young kids it makes perfect sense.

You'll get a group of people that will buy the kit every year regardless so they don't really need it to be marketed to them anyway, so concentrate on those you can tempt.

Then my faith in the men of Jamboland is justified. I was hoping others might agree, despite the obvious visual benefits inherent in having a model traipsing around half in the nuddy....

:)

Aye, leave it to the players to cheapen the 'brand'.:rolleyes:

I agree 100%.. better using real football players. And not someone who would flog anything if she got paid a fiver :rolleyes:

Destruction Derby
I agree 100%.. better using real football players. And not someone who would flog anything if she got paid a fiver :rolleyes:

I will pay her 20 if she fires on the hearts away top wi tight maroon bottoms :P:dribble::dribble::dribble:

Nelly Terraces
I will pay her 20 if she fires on the hearts away top wi tight maroon bottoms :P:dribble::dribble::dribble:

I'll make it fifty if there's no bottoms!:P:wacko:

Destruction Derby

Feck it

lets all get a whip roond and get her to go the full hog, maybe while lying on a red hand, lol

:hobofish:

Pants Shaton
I'll make it fifty if there's no bottoms!:P:wacko:

Nelly, now that you're part of an advertising campaign yourself - maybe you can exert your influence down Tynecastle?

Untitled-1.jpg

Nelly, now that you're part of an advertising campaign yourself - maybe you can exert your influence down Tynecastle?

Untitled-1.jpg

Christ almighty!

That's like something straight off of Vic Reeve's Big Night Out!! :eek:

Guest JamboRobbo

When is anything to do with marketing ever classy or dignified.

At least this would generate more interest than an email from christophe berra, urging "insert random name here" to buy a ST. Doesn't get less classy or dignified than that.

Edit: Just seens Nelly's advert again - that is what it should all be about. Hearts fans speaking honestly - from the Heart. Not all this marketing bs they send us.

Carl Spackler

Magic advertsing from Linfield but the strips' totally impractical. Your Stuart Halls would hang out both sides of the shorts.

Guest JamboRobbo
Magic advertsing from Linfield but the strips' totally impractical. Your Stuart Halls would hang out both sides of the shorts.

Maybe there a bit like HMFC, and quite a few of the players don't have any. ;)

bigbadbill
we've always been terrible at marketing, remember that daft ad with 'what the beutiful people will be wearing this summer' :P

I agree completely!! Remember last year when we could only sell 50,000 tickets for a friendly match. We should have sold more than that! These Romanovs need to be alot more sexist if they're going to make a go of it in western Europe.

Archived