Unsung Hearts heroes

Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

In response to the absurd thread regarding Hamill and Super Dennis, I propose we salute those bit part/fringe players who were always reliable and played their part despite never reaching the dizzy heights.

For me, it's Ian Jardine from the '86 squad. Very tidy and skilful player who though used mostly from the bench, always did a good job when called on. Still don't know why the Dons were given a penalty when Jardine was 'deemed' to have handled at the 1-1 game at Tynie where JC bailed  us out at the end. I was at too far away to judge at the time as it was at the school end and I was in the cross section between the Wheatfield and Gorgie which was opened for the Hearts fans that day but it seems Willie Miller was able to cast the deciding vote.

Ian Jardine - good, solid player.

In response to the absurd thread regarding Hamill and Super Dennis, I propose we salute those bit part/fringe players who were always reliable and played their part despite never reaching the dizzy heights.

For me, it's Ian Jardine from the '86 squad. Very tidy and skilful player who though used mostly from the bench, always did a good job when called on. Still don't know why the Dons were given a penalty when Jardine was 'deemed' to have handled at the 1-1 game at Tynie where JC bailed  us out at the end. I was at too far away to judge at the time as it was at the school end and I was in the cross section between the Wheatfield and Gorgie which was opened for the Hearts fans that day but it seems Willie Miller was able to cast the deciding vote.

Ian Jardine - good, solid player.

Kenny Black and Neil Berry as well. Neil MacFarlane from a later team

100% agree gave his all will always be remembered in THAT game that's the thing with ex hearts players when we have than come out at half time in our games there's loads who come back, get a great reception ! What do h1b5 do? ... NOTHING! Christ almighty their hero ( sauzee) wants **** all to do with them. How embarrassing is that, imagine one of our ex players behaving like that? Wouldn't happen because hearts are hearts, h1b5 are h1b5

Hearts= class

H1b5= hobo trampy delusion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Michal Pospisil?

3rd choice striker behind Jankauskas and Bednar but was always reliable and popped up with a few goals.  Another good find at that time.

Great player posposil could do with a guy like him now contomplating sow

Neil Berry was my favourite player as a kid. He was great before his bad injury. Besides he almost halved Paul Wright so what wasn't to like?

I thought Rab Mckinnon was a good player in his short time with us.

Great Shout ! Seem to remember he played in a Scotland B side whilst with the JT's?

Couple of random ones.

Neil Macfarlane. Nothing exciting or special but worked hard and was consistent.

Andrius Velicka. Scored some good and important goals.

I thought Rab Mckinnon was a good player in his short time with us.

Me too. Liked him as a player.

Solid and made good forward runs. Not sure if it was the hair colour but always thought of Eckersley as a poor mans Mackinnon :), but thought they were similar in ways lol.

Couple of random ones.

Neil Macfarlane. Nothing exciting or special but worked hard and was consistent.

Andrius Velicka. Scored some good and important goals.

Loved mcfarlane pure grafter

Velicka scored some fantastic goals for hearts too I remember the 2 at parkhead in the league cup...... Sublime!!

Velicka scored some fantastic goals for hearts too I remember the 2 at parkhead in the league cup...... Sublime!!

Was amazing!

Jimmy Sandison.

Also agree with Galloway, right place at the right time, but a footballing bevvy merchant just before the culture went out of fashion. Would be a magnificent sell on if playing today, even though we still got decent money for him back in the day.

Jimmy Sandison.

Good shout. I thought Jimmy was unlucky to play only 84 times over a six year period, but we had a consistent team during that era. Never let us down when he played, and did very well as that number 5/sitting midfielder circa 1990.

On a personal note, a great guy who bleeds maroon.

Trapper John McIntyre

Good shout. I thought Jimmy was unlucky to play only 84 times over a six year period, but we had a consistent team during that era. Never let us down when he played, and did very well as that number 5/sitting midfielder circa 1990.

I had the privilage of nearly being run over by Jimmy in George Street one afternoon sometime  around 1987. Can't remember exactly what he was driving except it was fairly sporty enough to make me wonder how much he was earning to be able to afford it.

Exactly. The guys who are lucky enough to live at home and attend matches regularly probably never get to hear what Jimmy adds to Hearts World at home games. If we ever get enough HW subscriptions Jimmy should get paid for doing away games too. As you say, bleeds maroon. Fascinating perm back in the day too.

Exactly. The guys who are lucky enough to live at home and attend matches regularly probably never get to hear what Jimmy adds to Hearts World at home games. If we ever get enough HW subscriptions Jimmy should get paid for doing away games too. As you say, bleeds maroon. Fascinating perm back in the day too.

Aye I like him a lot myself, although Gary Mackay was my favorite

Aye I like him a lot myself, although Gary Mackay was my favorite

Teuchterjambo

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Beat me to it ... not the most talented of players but one of those guys who got everything he could from his talent through hard graft and application ... great engine on hime.

Career effectively finished by an appalling tackle at East End Park  ... Pelosi I think.

Roddy McDonald

Brian Whittaker

Both filled in when our current DoF did his cruciate and, Imho, did a solid steady job.

Great player posposil could do with a guy like him now contomplating sow

Commas?

posposil?

Wait for it: contomplating?

Put down the sherry bottle, it's bad for spelling and punctuation.

Erie Winchester. Honest player, never gave anything less than 100%. Maybe as a result, too often out injured.

It's Ernie.

Commas?

posposil?

Wait for it: contomplating?

Put down the sherry bottle, it's bad for spelling and punctuation.

Grammar police [emoji106]

Roddy McDonald

Brian Whittaker

Both filled in when our current DoF did his cruciate and, Imho, did a solid steady job.

Good shout with Roddy. Didn't let us down. Although he did lob Henry to give Hibs a glimmer of hope!!!

Archived