Tonight's Football.

Boab

I think Dundee could give the sheep a fright tonight.

That, and a victory for us, would close the gap to 3pts.

It would also put Dundee level pegging with St Johnstone.

An interesting game all round.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is also...5/1 Dundee.

Sheep beat them twice this season but drew with them last season at home, im going for a draw again.  That and a Hearts win Sunday puts us to 4 points behind with a superior goal difference and their next league match is V Celtic so someone needs to drop points.

The Treasurer

Dundee rarely beat Aberdeen so not holding out much hope.

They see this as a sort of derby so :

"the form book goes out the window"

"previous matches mean nothing"

"it's all about who wants it most on the day"

"the players want the fans to enjoy going to work on Monday"

"it's all about bragging rights"

I expect nothing other than a comfortable sheep win

Dundee did take a roasting at Dingwall but have won their last two, the latter being a decent 4-2 at Firhill.

I'm hopeful !

Dundee have scored a good few goals in the first half hour of a couple of games this season.

If they have a decent start, I can see them causing the Sheep some problems.

Seeing as it's a Friday night game though, I predict a 0-0 or a 1-1 draw.

letsalldothebeattie

Can't say I'm overly bothered about the outcome. As long as we take care of our games and get the right results. If Aberdeen slip up then that's good for us. All I'm focusing on is 3 points on Sunday lunchtime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important the Dons keep winning,very much in our favour they do.That being the case I am looking for them getting the points and leaning strongly on Celtic right up to the point they play them again.the less breathing space Celtic have the better for us as we start to close in on them.

Important the Dons keep winning,very much in our favour they do.That being the case I am looking for them getting the points and leaning strongly on Celtic right up to the point they play them again.the less breathing space Celtic have the better for us as we start to close in on them.

Oi !

Get with the program !

The hooped demons will win the League, it suits us if the sheep implode.

2nd has football and financial benefits.

Not happy if they go 9 pts ahead tonight and none of us should.

Oi !

Get with the program !

The hooped demons will win the League, it suits us if the sheep implode.

2nd has football and financial benefits.

Not happy if they go 9 pts ahead tonight and none of us should.

Oi! I am very much with the program,mentally I have 2nd a given but I'm greedy and expect 1st which is defo achievable as I expect Celtic to drop more than a few points yet.Obviously we must continue with our current style of football that I was expecting us to play many weeks before we did.

Oi! I am very much with the program,mentally I have 2nd a given but I'm greedy and expect 1st which is defo achievable as I expect Celtic to drop more than a few points yet.Obviously we must continue with our current style of football that I was expecting us to play many weeks before we did.

I would love to make inroads to the hooped demons but sometimes you have to put your hands up and say "Nah, no chance" which is realistic.

2nd and a good run in the Big Cup would be a great way to return to the top flight.

As for tonight, i'm not convinced that the sheep can keep any kind of consistency.

I would love to make inroads to the hooped demons but sometimes you have to put your hands up and say "Nah, no chance" which is realistic.

2nd and a good run in the Big Cup would be a great way to return to the top flight.

As for tonight, i'm not convinced that the sheep can keep any kind of consistency.

Neither am I which is why I look to them winning as we will for sure go by them in the near future.They go nine up on us tonight fair enough but it is very short term as back to six come Sunday,lets see just how many the Tic drop in the coming weeks they may start matching our draws sooner than I think.

Dundee are tripe.

More money to Mr Patrick Power !

Dundee have had chances with Hemmings and Harkin guilty of not taking them, the Sheep have had plenty chances as well due to Dundee's inability to handle the sheep's aerial power.

Not written Dundee off yet, plus I have backed Dundee @ 13/2 and backed both players mentioned to score 2 @ 25/1 & 80/1.

Cast No Shadow

There is no "title challenge".

I wonder how long the media will actually try and drag that chat out for. :lol:

There is no "title challenge".

I wonder how long the media will actually try and drag that chat out for. :lol:

Aberdeen's home gate suggest they don't believe it either. Pathetic.

Cast No Shadow

Indeed.

Celtic are hitting a bit of form and they will beat Aberdeen at the start of next month. That will make it a nine point gap - ten in reality given their massive goal difference too.

With any luck, we'll pick up two wins in the meantime and it will then be a battle between the two of us for second till the end of the season.

It would be immense if we could repeat our achievement of ten years ago in our first season back after promotion.

Stephen Muddie

It would be immense if we could repeat our achievement of ten years ago in our first season back after promotion.

I was thinking the other day how we might well finish runners-up this season, a chance it could be by less points than then (17) if we finish the season very strongly. It made me think of the emotional rollercoaster football puts you through, how this season would be more successful than then minus the CL carrot (SC win aside - still time...) and how much sweeter it would be to creep up on a faltering Celtic towards the end of a season and actually win a league.

I just think it would be highly ironic if we came anywhere near close this year, given how most of us would've taken survival/top six if offered pre-season.

ps - Did anyone realise that Kilmarnock only scored 8 goals less than us in 05-06? Me neither :beatnik2:

Archived