Romanov.....A Positive Story?

suds66

Goose Baxter
"Hearts fans should be glad of Romanov, says McGhee"

Not being pro Romanov, Mark McGhees comments were almost a breath of fresh air!!

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-fans-should-be-glad.4140466.jp

Some good answers from McGhee, i think the part about him wanting european football every season with motherwell will be a bit far as i think it will just be the one season that they will be in it.

Charlie-Brown

That article is nothing more than a rehash of McGhee's own column for the Herald.....have the Scotsman given up on writing and researching their own stories? The majority of their articles just now seem rewrites of stuff they've trawled from the internet....they are shockingly bad at the moment.

Commander Harris
That article is nothing more than a rehash of McGhee's own column for the Herald.....have the Scotsman given up on writing and researching their own stories? The majority of their articles just now seem rewrites of stuff they've trawled from the internet....they are shockingly bad at the moment.

yes.

#3# You could be right, that's the first time I have seen that story. Makes a change though, could of had the typical Hobo slant put on it!!!

I've never really doubted Vlad's intentions, the way he goes about things, however, leaves a lot to be desired.:(

Guest jackdaddy2008

"I have become convinced that Hearts supporters should be grateful to have Mr Romanov at the club. I believe he has proper intentions and high ambitions for the club."

How much do you reckon we paid him?

An ad in the Scotsman couldn't be cheap, but Jump on an interviewee and get him to say nice things.................

I don't think there was any ever chance of him coming, either from us or him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I actually thought that listening to McGhee on Off The Ball was more telling. He seemed to be all for coming here and had a last minute change of heart. He seems to regret that for all parties but there seemed to be nothing stopping him coming here. That is encouraging but now we need it replicated to another candidate.

I think it's a good article, makes a change from all the 'Vlad bashing.'

(Not that he doesn't deserve some of it!):rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

It's all very well having McGhee come out with the flattering comments when the reality is that he publicly humiliated us.

I just hope he lives to regret his decision.

Buffalo Bill

vegas-voss

It tells me all i need to know about McGhee now.Quite simply i don't think he had the balls to take on a big job again and settled for the easy life with a decent pay rise at Motherwell.

McGhee is having to be gracious about Hearts given how much he let them down in the end. Basically, saying he'll definitely come, then deciding not to at the last minute.

flecktimus
It's all very well having McGhee come out with the flattering comments when the reality is that he publicly humiliated us.

Buffalo Bill

Exactly

jambovambo

"I believe that Mr Romanov is similar. He is passionate about his club and demands high standards... He requires that his manager communicates with him, keeping him informed on all aspects of the team. That's all, and the person who realises that and is in a position to take the job will have a fantastic opportunity."

It's just a pity that Vlad doesn't apply those same standards to communications with his paying customers, us the fans.

jambovambo

Buffalo Bill

He will surely live.

Question is whether we appoint a good enough manager to cause him to regret it.

That I wonder.

I think that there is more to the MM thing, but we want know until he is paraded around Pharkhear with the bhoys scarf held high over his head

Absolute load of garbage , if Vlad was so good for us he would be or manager now. End of.

So blinkered really.

Buffalo Bill
He will surely live.

Question is whether we appoint a good enough manager to cause him to regret it.

That I wonder.

Which is exactly why I chose my words with care!

Buffalo Bill

flecktimus
So blinkered really.

Why?

This guy made us look stupid.

Can just see vlad sitting reading the Scotsman thinking to himself,

i am glad this man wasted 5 mths of my time, at least he is saying nice things about me.:)

Roman bring me my telephone book of proper managers:eek:

jambovambo
Why?

i am glad this man wasted 5 mths of my time, at least he is saying nice things about me.:)

I think Vlad has had the patent on doing that to us for some time now.

Why?

That book will be as thick as 'Hibs - the last 100 years of Scottish Cup glory'

"I believe that Mr Romanov is similar. He is passionate about his club and demands high standards... He requires that his manager communicates with him, keeping him informed on all aspects of the team. That's all, and the person who realises that and is in a position to take the job will have a fantastic opportunity."

It's just a pity that Vlad doesn't apply those same standards to communications with his paying customers, us the fans.

beat me to it.

flecktimus
That book will be as thick as 'Hibs - the last 100 years of Scottish Cup glory'

:107years:

Why?

Because he hasnt signed, its instantly Romanovs fault?

I dont doubt both have made us look stupid, but to blame this on VR is a bit blinkered IMO.

"Hearts fans should be glad of Romanov, says McGhee"

Not being pro Romanov, Mark McGhees comments were almost a breath of fresh air!!

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-fans-should-be-glad.4140466.jp

So a guy that has never been employed buy Hearts, has no real Hearts connections come's out with a couple of one liners and Vlad is okay.

What if he ,like almost everyone else, had a dig at Vlad,would he be a lying git who is just stirring thing's up.

FFS get a grip,we have no manager because of Vlad,we have a team of overly paid useless players because of Vlad,we are loosing fans because of Vlad,we are in ?30-40 million debt because of Vlad,IMO all he has brought is lie's and deception.

ps,I await the "he saved us from going under" usual argument,he cannot dine out on that one forever mefraid.

So a guy that has never been employed buy Hearts, has no real Hearts connections come's out with a couple of one liners and Vlad is okay.

What if he ,like almost everyone else, had a dig at Vlad,would he be a lying git who is just stirring thing's up.

FFS get a grip,we have no manager because of Vlad,we have a team of overly paid useless players because of Vlad,we are loosing fans because of Vlad,we are in ?30-40 million debt because of Vlad,IMO all he has brought is lie's and deception.

ps,I await the "he saved us from going under" usual argument,he cannot dine out on that one forever mefraid.

#rudi# I never have and unless Vlad completely changes his ways never will support Romanov.

The point I was trying to make was, as a Hearts supporter I'm sick fed up of our club being slagged off in the press and every where else for that matter and to read an article which is almost complementary is refreshing.

I agree with what you say, he has treated just about everybody connected to our club with contempt, and like you waiting on who will be appointed as Manager. This is Romanov's last chance to get it right!...............................

Archived