REALITY CHECK --- PLEASE !!

CJGJ

Transfers -- we are always going to be in some way a selling club -- we need to maximise the value of our players and then invest funds in a replacement or future youngster who will grow in value.

What you sell for (?) is always important but what you do with the funds after is the most important issue.

I have always been of the opinion that in our current position we should realise that 50% of transfer funds received need to service debt, stadium plans etc and the remainder invested in the team -- remembering these days wages are a large part of any deal.

Players can be replaced -- the club cannot.

In our position much of the frustration is because we cannot see funds being re-invested directly in tranfer fees though we do seem to pay players well (yes I know perhaps too well in some cases)

Please can we also stop wildly speculating about the future of players that have not gone, may never go and may never have even been looked at by the clubs concerned -- it is silly season in the papers just now and of course in our position we are an easy target for press speculation.

Manager -- Craig Levein is currently on a week long golfing holiday with Billy Brown and some acquaint's of mine -- I will be asking again as the subject has come up at the end of a few rounds this week -- still no final 'no chance I will take the job' comment from Craig yet -- makes you wonder ?

"still no final 'no chance I will take the job' comment from Craig yet "

what does that mean?

Charlie-Brown
"still no final 'no chance I will take the job' comment from Craig yet "

what does that mean?

He hasn't ruled it out entirely yet?

Only a Game

Manager -- Craig Levein is currently on a week long golfing holiday with Billy Brown and some acquaint's of mine -- I will be asking again as the subject has come up at the end of a few rounds this week -- still no final 'no chance I will take the job' comment from Craig yet -- makes you wonder ?

Are you having a laugh. He's been saying since January, to whoever would listen, that he's staying at Dundee Utd, he's not interested in moving and its a "pain" being linked to the Hearts job.

I dont know how final a "NO" people need but unless there is a change of mammoth proportions with Levein, Thompson, and most importantly Romanov, Craig Levein will not be coming to Hearts, and he's already said so several times.

Only a Game
He hasn't ruled it out entirely yet?

Sorry NMH but your not listening to him if you think he hasnt ruled it out. Everytime he's been asked, either publically or privately he specifically HAS ruled it out.

Does ruled it out ENTIRELY mean something else ? He has ruled it out, and I bloody hope that Hearts fans, and more importantly anyone at the club is hanging their hat on him changing his mind

Charlie-Brown
Sorry NMH but your not listening to him if you think he hasnt ruled it out. Everytime he's been asked, either publically or privately he specifically HAS ruled it out.

Does ruled it out ENTIRELY mean something else ? He has ruled it out, and I bloody hope that Hearts fans, and more importantly anyone at the club is hanging their hat on him changing his mind

I was only trying to attempt to interpret for H2 what the OP's contorted sentence meant OAG :) Regards levein well i started a whole other big thread about what that guy should or shouldn't do......feel free to add to that.

Transfers -- we are always going to be in some way a selling club -- we need to maximise the value of our players and then invest funds in a replacement or future youngster who will grow in value.

What you sell for (?) is always important but what you do with the funds after is the most important issue.

I have always been of the opinion that in our current position we should realise that 50% of transfer funds received need to service debt, stadium plans etc and the remainder invested in the team -- remembering these days wages are a large part of any deal.

Players can be replaced -- the club cannot.

In our position much of the frustration is because we cannot see funds being re-invested directly in tranfer fees though we do seem to pay players well (yes I know perhaps too well in some cases)

Please can we also stop wildly speculating about the future of players that have not gone, may never go and may never have even been looked at by the clubs concerned -- it is silly season in the papers just now and of course in our position we are an easy target for press speculation.

We've already recieved 2.3 million for Bednar this transfer window, 9 million for Craig Gordon within the last callendar year, and spent next to feck all on transfer fees well apart from the mysterious 4 million black hole that is the player registration cost. Yes every player has his price, but we'd sure as hell be in no rush to sell given what we've already recieved in the past callendar year.

Driver, Berra, and Jonsson are the crown jewels of Hearts current squad, they should not be sold in the near future, all have 3 or 4 years left on their deals and are not currently at peak transfer value. If we have to make sales/cuts we should looking to mutually terminate the contracts of/ sell the likes of Kingston, Nade, Pinilla, Beslija who cost the club annually more in wages than the quoted 2million fee for Berra would cover.

As of Thursday night he had NOT SAID 'NO/NEVER/NOT NOW' TO CLOSE FRIENDS -- sorry if I did not make that clear earlier.

He had stated he did not think so in the current circumstances ('it would be difficult at this time'), which given he is in a job at present and given the health of his current employer is to be expected but did not 100% rule it out.

PS BILLY BROWN WAS EVEN MORE GUARDED WHEN THE TOPIC CAME UP.

Archived