U20s Ochilview tonight 7.30 Dunfermline

Mikey1874

Me too.

?35 on the handicap (-1) draw.

I had a score on at 21/20 (put on at half time).

...a bit disco

I had a score on at 21/20 (put on at half time).

10 spot on at 5/2 half time.

Footballfirst

A good win in the end.  The first half was pretty even, with the Pars having the better chances, as I said earlier.  I thought they also had the better of the play in the second half, until Hearts scored.  Hamilton brought off one particularly fine save to deny Wallace.  

Hearts opener came from Zanatta picking the ball up to the left side of the box. He side stepped his way into the box and with the defenders reluctant to put a foot in, he curled his shot into the far corner from around 14 yards.  The  keeper might have been unsighted as he didn't get near it.

Hearts then dominated the game without making any great opportunities.  A reluctance to shoot on sight despite having the elements in their favour didn't help and all too often the final pass was overhit or the Hearts player took a touch too many and lost the ball in good positions.  El Hass did have one good effort from a free kick, but it was just the wrong side of the post with the keeper helpless.

In the last few minutes Wallace and Curier spurned a couple of half chances, before Hopkirk went down as he got a shot away with a minute left. It seemed a soft penalty and I'm not sure if Liam Smith got a second yellow for the foul or dissent, but he was sent off.  Curier hit the penalty down the middle for the equaliser. 

Hearts were not to be denied though and showed great character in getting a winner in stoppage time with 10 men, when Ian Smith evaded a challenge and got a shot away from the edge off the box that went in off the left hand post.

Decent performances from Hamilton, Smith, Buchanan, and Moore who came onto a game in the second half.  McLean also looked good in his little cameo after he came on for El Hass after 75 minutes. El Hass did OK without doing anything fantastic.

Jambo 4 Ever

How did zannata do apart from his goal?

Did he play much when he was in Canada before he came to us?

Futurejambo1

Hope Beith is not serious he's been excellent since coming back and was pushing into the first team squad. Enjoyed the game tonight, thought young hearts side did very well and after the first 15 where they were a bit rusty they played very well and deserved the victory. Thought both the CHs did well against the experienced Courier. Wasn't sure about the penalty decision as where we were looked like a good block tackle. Great response with Ian Smith scoring a good goal.

Thought Buchanan and Liam Smith were good and Zanatta and Moore were dangerous. Hope the boys enjoy their break in Valencia.

jamboinglasgow

Interestingly, the under 20s are only 4 points off last seasons total. And now won their last 4 games (in league and cup) and won 5 in the last 6.

disgruntledfan

Liam smith tweeted "hope the boys have a good time in Spain". Is he not going with them?

The oldest player going is Jamal Mundle. Its a fairly young squad going over for the experience.

I think players on the fringes like Zanatta and Smith are staying here, also some of the younger lads

in the last part of their contracts for instance Roy. 

Jambof3tornado

The oldest player going is Jamal Mundle. Its a fairly young squad going over for the experience.

I think players on the fringes like Zanatta and Smith are staying here, also some of the younger lads

in the last part of their contracts for instance Roy.

Ahhh, I wondered if it hinted at potential cup tie involvement on saturday.

Hope the ones going away benefit from the experience.

Futurejambo1

Almost a fully fit squad with Walker being the only one out so will be difficult for the boys to get first team game time now, until a striker comes in probably Zanatta will be the only one near the bench.

Jambof3tornado

Robbie said Soufian would need 5 or 6 development league games under his belt before seeing the 1st team. Thats 1 down, I hope we dont push him.

Its  3 kings  so plenty fireworks tonight to keep the laddies awake.Viva Espana!!!!

Robbie said Soufian would need 5 or 6 development league games under his belt before seeing the 1st team. Thats 1 down, I hope we dont push him.

Did he? That's interesting as I hadn't noticed him refer to El Hassnaoui for a bit.

Let's not push him???  I know what you mean, but that will be another 5 or 6 weeks before he get's a chance to show what he can do in the 1st team. 

Is this guys contract going to run out before he ever gets fit and up to speed!    :stunned:

Let's not push him??? I know what you mean, but that will be another 5 or 6 weeks before he get's a chance to show what he can do in the 1st team.

Is this guys contract going to run out before he ever gets fit and up to speed! :stunned:

contract till 2017

Jambof3tornado

I've a feeling Soufian will be on the bench on saturday (assuming no reactions from yesterdays match!)

Hungry hippo

I've a feeling Soufian will be on the bench on saturday (assuming no reactions from yesterdays match!)

I think it's unlikely as Zanatta would probably be the one to miss out and it's not worth risking El Hass when there is a decent and on form alternative who is fully fit.

Let's not push him???  I know what you mean, but that will be another 5 or 6 weeks before he get's a chance to show what he can do in the 1st team. 

Is this guys contract going to run out before he ever gets fit and up to speed!    :stunned:

contract till 2017

So that's a yes then :)

Archived