U20s Ochilview tonight 7.30 Dunfermline

Mikey1874

Dunfermline on poor run just now. Beat Hearts 2-0 in return fixture earlier in season at East End Park. Hearts on decent run.

Swanson, Ozturk maybe play.

letsalldothebeattie

The team could easily contain Hamilton, Ozturk, Swanson & El Hass so could be a strong U20s side tonight. King & Reilly both played last few but been involved in last few First team games so doubt they will feature tonight. Others to feature could be Buchanan, Zanatta and maybe McGhee to keep himself sharp

Hamilton L.Smith Jones Baur Henderson Morrison Buchanan Beith Moore El Hassnaoui Zanatta

Subs Cargill McKirdy Baxter I.Smith McLean Howlett-Mundle Roy

Hamilton L.Smith Jones Baur Henderson Morrison Buchanan Beith Moore El Hassnaoui Zanatta

Subs Cargill McKirdy Baxter I.Smith McLean Howlett-Mundle Roy

That's what a development squad should be like.

Filled with young guys to progress them.

Ours recently have been loaded with first teamers.

Talk shite it's had Pallardo and Ozturk in it gaining fitness and 1 or 2 others just to keep them ticking over.

Footballfirst

Experienced Pars side with four or five overage players including Ryan Wallace and Rhys McCabe, Mikael Antoine-Curier and David Hopkirk

From 2014 onwards the rules on older players was relaxed to allow up to 5 older players (up from 2). Debatable whether that increase has been a good or bad thing given the league carries the name 'development'.

From 2014 onwards the rules on older players was relaxed to allow up to 5 older players (up from 2). Debatable whether that increase has been a good or bad thing given the league carries the name 'development'.

I think it's vital the older players get the chance to build fitness in a less competitive environment before going back into first team games. Definitely reduces the chance of further injury.

In terms of the young players while a couple might miss a game I'd be delighted if I was given the chance to learn beside a seasoned pro for a couple of games. A few older players talking to the young ones throughout these games can only benefit.

Just being able to watch how they move and read the game is something they can learn from and put to use.

Footballfirst

Most of the younger guys will be heading off to Spain for some warm weather training later this week, courtesy of the SFA. I think they have one game organised but I don't know who they are playing.

The guys on loan or close to the first team squad won't be going.

I see Jon Daly is here. Is this his first game in charge?

Transfermarkt website has his contract with Raith ending today

Talk shite it's had Pallardo and Ozturk in it gaining fitness and 1 or 2 others just to keep them ticking over.

Good one bud.

That's why everyone was lumping on the last couple of games after they saw the line up.

Think you're talking shite.

normally i dont bother but because im off work and nothing else on i bet hearts to win 2-0 hopefully comes in not good news dunferemline have a few veterans starting sounds like they will prob score

Hearts wearing Stenny shirts tonight for some unknown reason

Think all the kit is packed away as they are on an early flight tomorrow morning.

FF Anychance you could findout whereabout in Spain they are heading  please   :walk_man:

Footballfirst

McKirdy starting instead of Beith who appears to have had an issue in the warmup.

Im afraid that Angus Beith's problem seems to be with the same hip as he had an operation on last July.

scott herbertson

Im afraid that Angus Beith's problem seems to be with the same hip as he had an operation on last July.

Hopefully just a niggle - he's had a hard time of it

Footballfirst

The Pars have had slightly the better chances so far with two decent saves by Hamilton from Wallace free kicks and a McCabe effort off the post. However Hearts are well in the game with some dangerous cross balls just evading the strikers.

That's a real shame . Hopefully not serious . By all accounts back up to fitness and was looking sharp

Footballfirst

That's a real shame . Hopefully not serious . By all accounts back up to fitness and was looking sharp

He hasn't been right for the last couple of games. Thinks he will need a scan, so it's not looking that great.

...a bit disco

Penalty Dunfermline.

Red card us.

1-1

...a bit disco

Thank ****. Thought that penalty was gonna cost me 40 quid.

Me too.

?35 on the handicap (-1) draw.

Archived