PS3 Problem

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

For some reason any games/dvds i put in arent being read. Nothing happens. Just sits there and wont load anything up. Is this a big fault needing sent off to get fixed or is their somthing simple needing done?

Hearts of Vladland

It has never happend to me but I've seen a forums on a ps3 site about it

Hearts of Vladland
Here is one on it. It look like you'll need to send it back hope you still have the reciept.

Hearts of Vladland
But but but, I thought the PS3 doesn't ever break according to the people on kickback. :wacko:

It doesn't unless you pull game out without quiting them

Sexton Hardcastle

feck sake. any ideas if sony pic it up like xbox problems? or do i have to foot the bill?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Buy a 360, at least then when it is fixed you can play some decent games.;)

Seriously tho, not a prob ive heard of, if its under warranty ul be fine, outwith that, ur paying.

What do you mean that's not a problem with a 360 :laugh:

Hearts of Vladland
What do you mean that's not a problem with a 360 :laugh:

What about the ring of death :dribble::)

What about the ring of death :dribble::)

Free repairs and free Xbox Live.

Guest S.U.S.S.

That should not break it, all that would do would be open the dvd drawer and perhaps hang the cpu, once rebooted it should be fine.

Hearts of Vladland
Free repairs and free Xbox Live.

We never pay for online play anyway :P

Sexton Hardcastle

rite back to the problem... how do i go about sending the basterd to get fixed? do sony send a courier or do i have to do all that jazz?

vegas-voss
For some reason any games/dvds i put in arent being read. Nothing happens. Just sits there and wont load anything up. Is this a big fault needing sent off to get fixed or is their somthing simple needing done?

It's a big fault and has been hapopening alot if you read the forums basically your drive is goosed.Phone up Sony and you should get a replacement within 2 days.

jack D and coke
feck sake. any ideas if sony pic it up like xbox problems? or do i have to foot the bill?

Pretty sure their service when it breaks is pretty good and no it shouldn't cost you nowt provided it's still under warranty that is.

vegas-voss
rite back to the problem... how do i go about sending the basterd to get fixed? do sony send a courier or do i have to do all that jazz?

It does not get fixed they send a courier with a brand new one in a sealed box you then give the courier your one and he gives you the unit in the big blue sealed box he has.Mine fecked up the first day i got it would not play blu ray films.

Sexton Hardcastle

Simple enough... they will send a replacement as you said. Thursday tho. What can i do now that i have my life back? Fresh air, sort some odd jobs out? naaa Football manager it is .

LEEEEEEEDSSS

vegas-voss
Simple enough... they will send a replacement as you said. Thursday tho. What can i do now that i have my life back? Fresh air, sort some odd jobs out? naaa Football manager it is .

LEEEEEEEDSSS

There customer service is brilliant.Mine came the next day when it fecked up,but that was last June when there was not as many folk had them and there were not many reported problems.Mine has been great since.Occasionally freezes when im using it's internet but i just switch it off and then straight back on and it's fine.

Jambof3tornado

They wont send you a new one if you have a 60GB model coz they stopped making them and only have reconditioned ones to send you. My sons fekked up after 4 months,took it back to Game and they told me to contact sony directly as they couldnt do anything coz it was the 60GB version. I then mentioned the extended warranty that I had paid game for and pointed out that they couldnt fulfill there obligations and demanded my money back. Useless gits.

Anyways they sent a courier to my work with a reconditioned model(cant tell that its not new) and the courier took the knackered one away. Job done.:)

Archived