Well played Ref

JAYEL

The White Cockade

yeah the Djoum foul looked really bad in real time

but when you saw the replay even a yellow seemed harsh

ref made a few mistakes but generally had a good game imo

if the ref made as many mistakes as the players do then we would be in trouble

Diadora Van Basten

Thought the refs performance merited a 5 out of 10 which is quite high for Scottish football but still not good.

Ball didn't go out for a throw.  Celtic player picks it up. Takes throw and then the linesman flags

The main stand linesman had a few howlers today as well as that fiasco. Flagged for at least one possibly two awful offside calls and gave them a goal kick when it seemed a clear corner to us

Bazzas right boot

Not biased or trying to steal the show, however -

Gotta few straight forward decisions wrong. Both ways, so no real issue.

Should have played on at ambrose booking, djoum had put sow though at the angle as he got his pass away.

Your blood pressure back to normal yet mate?

The Main Stand Linesman was shite as are most of the clowns that swan up and down the line.

It's the linemen waiting for the refs to make the decision for them that really annoys me.

They're all the same.

I would rather have McLean ref us against Aberdeen, with his brother in the side, than Collum

Ball didn't go out for a throw.  Celtic player picks it up. Takes throw and then the linesman flags

That was the one that got me as well. Ball spins along the touchline and stays in and he picked it up!!!! Instead of flagging for handball the ****ing linesman just flagged for a throw in. Bizarre

Am I the only one who thought the Djoum challenge was just a good strong hard challenge by both players being committed? I watched on the telly and I couldn't believe the Celtic player was getting booked for that to be honest, there really wasn't anything malicious in it.

The ref was decent apart from Cifti getting away with the elbow, but apart from that, he was very decent for a game against that mob, which was quite refreshing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Ambrose challenge was right in front of me. There's no way he couldn't have booked him for it. Aye, the big donkey didn't mean it but you canny go flying into tackles like that late and not get a yellow. Ref got that one right. I don't even know about the advantage as I was going radge at the tackle along with most of the crowd

The Old Tolbooth

The Ambrose challenge was right in front of me. There's no way he couldn't have booked him for it. Aye, the big donkey didn't mean it but you canny go flying into tackles like that late and not get a yellow. Ref got that one right. I don't even know about the advantage as I was going radge at the tackle along with most of the crowd

When yo have the benefit of the telly replay a few times, it's no way a yellow for me, but it's a nice change that they get one when they normally get away with everything.

Am I the only one who thought the Djoum challenge was just a good strong hard challenge by both players being committed? I watched on the telly and I couldn't believe the Celtic player was getting booked for that to be honest, there really wasn't anything malicious in it.

The ref was decent apart from Cifti getting away with the elbow, but apart from that, he was very decent for a game against that mob, which was quite refreshing!

Didn't think much in the Djoum one either tbh.  Probaby a yellow as Djoum was away, but not an ounce off malice in it.

That said, don't think the ref was great.  Ciftci away with murder.  Johansen's foul on Buaben was borderline red and he didn't even get a yellow.  And, worst of all for me, stonewall penalty for Ciftci (again) push on Augustyn in the box.  Blazej is winning that header and puttin the ball back in the danger zone - 2 handed push in his back put him under the ball.  Was blatant as you like and the ref would have given a foul outside the box every time (or maybe in our box!?).  It's very poor refereeing however you look at it.

What I think we're actually commending on this thread isn't the ref, but our players who showed great discipline throughout and didn't give the ref a sniff of a chance against us.

The Old Tolbooth

Didn't think much in the Djoum one either tbh. Probaby a yellow as Djoum was away, but not an ounce off malice in it.

That said, don't think the ref was great. Ciftci away with murder. Johansen's foul on Buaben was borderline red and he didn't even get a yellow. And, worst of all for me, stonewall penalty for Ciftci (again) push on Augustyn in the box. Blazej is winning that header and puttin the ball back in the danger zone - 2 handed push in his back put him under the ball. Was blatant as you like and the ref would have given a foul outside the box every time (or maybe in our box!?). It's very poor refereeing however you look at it.

What I think we're actually commending on this thread isn't the ref, but our players who showed great discipline throughout and didn't give the ref a sniff of a chance against us.

I think you pretty much nailed it there mate

Archived