Jump to content
Clerry Jambo

Hearts AGM

Recommended Posts

Footballfirst

Minutes and Slides from AGM on website today...

 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4843

 

Good to see the forecasting and a breakdown of some of the costs.  I don't know if an explanation was given as to why some figures significantly exceeded the budgeted ones.

 

The Q&A seems straightforward, but I am disappointed that both the Club and FoH have decided not to expedite repayment of the Bidco loan and use the money raised for other purposes, without any consultation with the FoH members who are providing the funds.  Repaying the loan early would save the club over ?100,000 in interest (and reduce Bidco's income from the deal by the same amount).

 

On a related point, the club did not answer one of my questions which was how much the club (in reality FoH) would end up paying Bidco in costs, arrangement fees and interest over the period of the various loan and funding agreements. A rough calculation would suggest that it is in excess of ?1.1M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

This year's AGM should be interesting!

 

Hopefully it wont be full of the old guys who love Levein and keep voting for him to stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This year's AGM should be interesting!

 

Hopefully it wont be full of the old guys who love Levein and keep voting for him to stay

I don't think the manager's position has ever been on the agenda before.

If people do vote for him to stay (unlikely) then it will be a democratic decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I don't think the manager's position has ever been on the agenda before.

If people do vote for him to stay (unlikely) then it will be a democratic decision. 

voting him to stay on as director of football is.

 

He should not be voted on again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

When is the AGM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I don't think the manager's position has ever been on the agenda before.

If people do vote for him to stay (unlikely) then it will be a democratic decision. 

He has to be sacked so no need for a vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

voting him to stay on as director of football is.

 

He should not be voted on again

 

So at the AGM we now vote for the DoF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

When is the AGM?

Is it not usually December?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Is it not usually December?

Just checked, 18th of December last year so will be around the same time this year. 

Surely to **** he will be punted by then anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland

If Levein is still here by the time of the AGM then FoH need to raise a formal vote of no confidence in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If Levein is still here by the time of the AGM then FoH need to raise a formal vote of no confidence in him.


😂 they would just prorogue board meetings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Just checked, 18th of December last year so will be around the same time this year. 

Surely to **** he will be punted by then anyways. 

 

I think it was the same 2 years ago. I’m sure it came either just before or just after the 4-0 pumping of Celtic. 

 

Still not sure we vote for a DoF position at it though 😂 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Going to go along and boo.

 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
Just now, kingantti1874 said:


😂 they would just prorogue board meetings 

 

Its ok JiH is calling for an election for DoF be plenty people on here think they can do the job so god knows how many rounds of votes we will have. Could be back in the EU by the time we get a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

So at the AGM we now vote for the DoF? 

All directors are up for re-election every 2 or 3 years I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

So at the AGM we now vote for the DoF? 

Is it first past the post or PR? Could make all the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

All directors are up for re-election every 2 or 3 years I think. 

 

Aye directors not DoF

 

wonder if Mark Allen got voted out at the Rangers AGM - could do a job 😉

Edited by sadj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, sadj said:

 

Aye directors not DoF

If the DoF is a company director then he, or she, will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hueyview
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:


😂 they would just prorogue board meetings 

Topical....   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
47 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If Levein is still here by the time of the AGM then FoH need to raise a formal vote of no confidence in him.

 

Agreed & I’d 2nd that .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Armageddon

The only way he will be here come the AGM is if we are flying... no matter what, the AGM panel deserve a rough ride and the hard questions answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If the DoF is a company director then he, or she, will be. 

 

We are not going to get to an AGM and have a vote for who is our DoF are we , can you imagine. Here i was down the pub yapping wi the lads and i think I could do a job so I’ll put myself up for DoF. 

 

Stop sticking up for JiH 😒 

 

Unless you are trying to tell us subtly you fancy the job 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

We are not going to get to an AGM and have a vote for who is our DoF are we , can you imagine. Here i was down the pub yapping wi the lads and i think I could do a job so I’ll put myself up for DoF. 

 

Stop sticking up for JiH 😒 

 

Unless you are trying to tell us subtly you fancy the job 😉

Always looking for an ‘in’ at Tynecastie apparently... 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Always looking for an ‘in’ at Tynecastie apparently... 😊

 

Hahaha , I heard that too from a reputable source....

 

sorry I meant a reprobate of a source

Edited by sadj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If Levein is still here by the time of the AGM then FoH need to raise a formal vote of no confidence in him.

Is the FoH AGM before or after the club AGM? 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, sadj said:

 

I think it was the same 2 years ago. I’m sure it came either just before or just after the 4-0 pumping of Celtic. 

 

Still not sure we vote for a DoF position at it though 😂 

 

 

Missing the point.

 

We can vote for him not to be a director any more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Missing the point.

 

We can vote for him not to be a director any more.

 

 

Not missing the point , its just not what you said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
Just now, sadj said:

Not missing the point , its just not what you said. 

you are the only one who didn't get what I meant.

 

Will you be going to the AGM then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Missing the point.

 

We can vote for him not to be a director any more.

 

 

I think it’s more what you said that sadj is referring to.

 

There again, I may be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

you are the only one who didn't get what I meant.

 

Will you be going to the AGM then?

 

Am i? 🤨 Pretty sure I got what you meant but its still not what you said 😉

 

I doubt i’ll be at the AGM on the odd occasion I can get to Edinburgh it’ll be for a game or to train. Will you be there? Will there be a queue and guys in yellow vests? Will there be dogs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I think it’s more what you said that sadj is referring to.

 

There again, I may be wrong.

 

👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is the FoH AGM before or after the club AGM? 😎

 

FoH need to propose a vote of no confidence in Levein at both AGM’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

voting him to stay on as director of football is.

 

He should not be voted on again

He was re-elected to the board last year with very few of us voting against. (I did because I don't think first team coach should be on the board.) They didn't even bother to count as so many shares are in a block(s) that can't be beaten

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, sadj said:

 

We are not going to get to an AGM and have a vote for who is our DoF are we , can you imagine. Here i was down the pub yapping wi the lads and i think I could do a job so I’ll put myself up for DoF. 

 

Stop sticking up for JiH 😒 

 

Unless you are trying to tell us subtly you fancy the job 😉

 

What a load of mince!!

The FoH will enable to request a formal vote of no confidence in the head coach/DoF at the Club AGM under any other competent business on the Agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambali
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

What a load of mince!!

The FoH will enable to request a formal vote of no confidence in the head coach/DoF at the Club AGM under any other competent business on the Agenda.

So would anyone else (Shareholders that is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, jambali said:

So would anyone else (Shareholders that is)

 

Indeed however I would like to think that Budge would agree to holding this vote of no confidence if it came from the FoH rather than individual shareholders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

What a load of mince!!

The FoH will enable to request a formal vote of no confidence in the head coach/DoF at the Club AGM under any other competent business on the Agenda.

And it will be roundly defeated so what’s the point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:


😂 they would just prorogue board meetings 

 

 

It's what the cool guys do. 

 

As DoF, could Craig not call the prorogue and approve it himself. 

😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And it will be roundly defeated so what’s the point? 

 

Yes I’m fully aware that Budge has the shares to vote it down, however it will publicly expose the strength of feeling of Hearts fans - something I do not feel she can ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
8 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Phallus! Superb stuff

thanks!  Think it sums up his behaviour quite well tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Yes I’m fully aware that Budge has the shares to vote it down, however it will publicly expose the strength of feeling of Hearts fans - something I do not feel she can ignore.

 

Do you genuinely think they aren’t aware of the strength of feeling? If you were in hospitality on Sat , what was the feeling in there amongst jambos. What was Billy Browns thoughts etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oh ah grantona

There were a good few show of hands against Levein last year but I'm pretty sure budge trump's everyone anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Indeed however I would like to think that Budge would agree to holding this vote of no confidence if it came from the FoH rather than individual shareholders.

 

Thats fair enough i think , hopefully it won’t come to that however 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

 

Do you genuinely think they aren’t aware of the strength of feeling? If you were in hospitality on Sat , what was the feeling in there amongst jambos. What was Billy Browns thoughts etc? 

 

Budge will not react to chanting in the stadium and protests outside, however a formal vote of no confidence in her DoF/head coach, that she has to take seriously even though she can vote it down.

I wasn’t in hospitality on Saturday so no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
Just now, sadj said:

 

Thats fair enough i think , hopefully it won’t come to that however 

 

Hopefully not as by that time Budge will have lost all credibility despite her fantastic previous work for Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

thanks!  Think it sums up his behaviour quite well tbh

 

Your comment smacked of bullying to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Budge will not react to chanting in the stadium and protests outside, however a formal vote of no confidence in her DoF/head coach, that she has to take seriously even though she can vote it down.

I wasn’t in hospitality on Saturday so no idea.

 

You were/are a businessman weren’t you? Surely you would understand not doing kneejerk reactions. (Im only referencing the protests and chanting on saturday) I can’t see any way a competent business person would not have taken them on board and not be looking at solutions previous to it anyway. Like i said hopefully it won’t reach that point.

Edited by sadj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

 

Hopefully not as by that time Budge will have lost all credibility despite her fantastic previous work for Hearts.

For once we agree 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruickshank for Scotland
1 minute ago, sadj said:

 

You were/are a businessman weren’t you? Surely you would understand not doing kneejerk reactions. (Im only referencing the protests and chanting on saturday) I can’t see any way a competent business person would not have taken them on board and not be looking at solutions previous to it anyway. Like i said hopefully it won’t reach that point.

 

No competent businessman (or businesswoman) would have left a senior employee failing in their job for the length of time Levein has, and certainly not tolerate one so unpopular with their customers.

Which makes it all very frustrating as I found Ann Budge to be intelligent, nice but tough, and she certainly did not suffer fools gladly in any dealings I had with her - regretfully her soft spot for Craig Levein seems to have her in conflict and she is unable to make the tough but correct decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...