Hearts AGM

Clerry Jambo

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No competent businessman (or businesswoman) would have left a senior employee failing in their job for the length of time Levein has, and certainly not tolerate one so unpopular with their customers.

Which makes it all very frustrating as I found Ann Budge to be intelligent, nice but tough, and she certainly did not suffer fools gladly in any dealings I had with her - regretfully her soft spot for Craig Levein seems to have her in conflict and she is unable to make the tough but correct decision.

Thats a slightly different debate surely. I like this version of yer debating btw. Decent points and a balanced opinion whilst still maintaining your position. Although maybe im going soft 😒

I suppose in reality the difficulty of having an entire department on one person means when there is an issue , which on the first team there clearly is , it becomes a hard process to tidy up. That has to be on AB for the decision in the first place. I wasn’t against CL becoming manager to sort the mess and stabilise us. However I have been very critical of the coaching team and the fact both jobs are too big for one person to do properly imo. The longer its gone on the harder it is to go back to a DoF role and a new manager. The scrutiny would be incredibly high and not changing the coaching team despite people at the clubs reservations can’t be ignored either. Would we perform better with CL as Head Coach but a better coaching team. Its beyond a point of being able to find out now. I do wonder if the football department review will come with a plan moving forward including who’s going to take over what roles etc and thats what the delay is. It has to be hard for AB as you say but I also don’t think she is ignorant to the problem or the feelings of us all. 

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a slightly different debate surely. I like this version of yer debating btw. Decent points and a balanced opinion whilst still maintaining your position. Although maybe im going soft 😒

I suppose in reality the difficulty of having an entire department on one person means when there is an issue which on the first team there clearly is it becomes a hard process to tidy up. That has to be on AB for the decision in the first place. I wasn’t against CL becoming manager to sort the mess and stabilise us. However I have been very critical of the coaching team and the fact both jobs are too big for one person to do properly. The longer its gone on the harder it is to go back to a DoF role and a new manager. The scrutiny would be incredibly high and not changing the coaching team despite people at the clubs reservations can’t be ignored. Would we perform better with CL as Head Coach but a better coaching team. Its beyond a point of being able to find out now. I do wonder if the football department review will come with a plan moving forward including who’s going to take over what roles etc and thats what the delay is. It has to be hard for AB as you say but I also don’t think she is ignorant to the problem or the feelings of us all. 

More than happy to have a sensible debate Sadj - I do tend to respond in kind to the “pantwetter” accusations that come from some - it’s been pretty relentless over the last year or so.

To get back to your points I have no doubt that Ann is in a real quandary - she knows she cannot continue with a failed employee however she has an extremely close relationship ( never s good idea in business) with Levin and she is between a rock and a hard place!

If we beat Hibs (I hope we do!) then that will be enough for her to try to ride the storm until the next crisis.

You know my opinion - Levein is now toxic with the fans and he has to go however I expect her to move Levein back to his DoF position citing health reasons, hopefully his remit will be very limited and he will have no input into the selection of the new head coach or the first team.

Tough times for Ann Budge and fans alike.

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

More than happy to have a sensible debate Sadj - I do tend to respond in kind to the “pantwetter” accusations that come from some - it’s been pretty relentless over the last year or so.

To get back to your points I have no doubt that Ann is in a real quandary - she knows she cannot continue with a failed employee however she has an extremely close relationship ( never s good idea in business) with Levin and she is between a rock and a hard place!

If we beat Hibs (I hope we do!) then that will be enough for her to try to ride the storm until the next crisis.

You know my opinion - Levein is now toxic with the fans and he has to go however I expect her to move Levein back to his DoF position citing health reasons, hopefully his remit will be very limited and he will have no input into the selection of the new head coach or the first team.

Tough times for Ann Budge and fans alike.

I think that would work well , i don’t mind a decent debate either i just get fed up of the clueless crap you see on some threads(it is indicative of society imo that everyone thinks they are an expert on everything however) . For instance comments about fitness or injuries from some and I never see the point for personal abuse towards CL or AB or any other person or poster. A bit of cheek is one thing but there is a line too many cross 👍🏻

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I think that would work well , i don’t mind a decent debate either i just get fed up of the clueless crap you see on some threads. For instance comments about fitness or injuries from some and I never see the point for personal abuse towards CL or AB or any other person or poster. A bit of cheek is one thing but there is a line too many cross 👍🏻

The frustration of Levein hanging on is getting a bit out of hand. We passionately care about Hearts and seeing the steady decline of our team over the last year culminating in being at the bottom of the league is just too much to bear!

I really wished he had stepped away after the cup final and he could have left with his reputation intact and with the best wishes of all fans.

14 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The frustration of Levein hanging on is getting a bit out of hand. We passionately care about Hearts and seeing the steady decline of our team over the last year culminating in being at the bottom of the league is just too much to bear!

I really wished he had stepped away after the cup final and he could have left with his reputation intact and with the best wishes of all fans.

Indeed that is where I was at , a lot of us understood that was going to be the route we went down aswell. Daly and Fox to be emptied also. What changed i don’t know personally. I do however know that when it was apparent it wasn’t changing that i gave him the chance this season. He cares passionately about Hearts too and I wonder if going so close in the cup final meant he wanted to try and get over the line this year and win a cup for the club.

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed that is where I was at , a lot of us understood that was going to be the route we went down aswell. Daly and Fox to be emptied also. What changed i don’t know personally. I do however know that when it was apparent it wasn’t changing that i gave him the chance this season. He cares passionately about Hearts too and I wonder if going so close in the cup final meant he wanted to try and get over the line this year and win a cup for the club.

Maybe. There is no doubt that Levein will not want to leave football with no cups on his record as a player or Manager.

However if he cares passionately about Hearts he now needs to stand down.

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

This is where I'm at. It was clear what it meant to him in the semi, and I reckon that, combined with our great start to that season, convinced him he was able to replicate that and barring any injuries, finish his contract with a European finish and another great run in the cups.

It hasn't turned out that way unfortunately as we have started the season without Naismith and Haring, who were the driving force behind our start last season, and Berra is 20% of the player he was last season too. 

That's not to excuse him because he knew all this at the end of last season and clearly hasn't prepared pre season by sorting out our defence and panic loaning a goalkeeper, and I do believe he has failed spectacularly, but I can see why he (and Budge) felt there was something there to justify staying on. Now we're 5 games in to the season, and we have 2 points which we can feel fortunate to get given Hamilton and Ross County outplayed us. He needs to go.