Van Gaal

kingantti1874

3 good players stifled by LVG

Well that explains the price. As you say, under Van Gaal they look awful.

It was pleasing to see Henry tear into VG on MNF. He comes across as a welt. Suits Man United I guess.

The Real Maroonblood

I think its the way it seems to have ended twice now at Chelsea and also at Madrid.Doesnt really seem to be able to build a side and sustain it but can get great results from an existing team intially.

Did he build that Porto side(still his greatest achievement imo)?

Good summary.

He ended up a bell end.

Captain America

Someone mentioned Pochetino and that's a decent shout.

Ranieri for an outside bet.

If Van Gaal lasts to end of season, which looks unlikely then this might be a shout but I can't see Ranieri leaving Leicester before season end, he would always have that 'What if' feeling if they didn't win title after he left.

If Van Gaal lasts to end of season, which looks unlikely then this might be a shout but I can't see Ranieri leaving Leicester before season end, he would always have that 'What if' feeling if they didn't win title after he left.

Yeah, and Ranieri seems to be really enjoying this season as well. He may feel it's fine to move on at the end of the season though.

Shaw injury prone? it was a bad tackle / foul

He was a bit injury prone before that.

And, by 'injury prone', I mean 'fat'.

He was a bit injury prone before that.

And, by 'injury prone', I mean 'fat'.

fair enough

I think he's a bit reckless which brings risk of injury

Maybe he'll learn now

SectionDJambo

This is back to the end of the Busby era. Like Ferguson, impossible to follow, unless you are at the very top of your abilities and power.

They went through a few managers after Sir Matt retired. They'll do the same again, and probably not win the league for years again.

Football success can go in cycles in the major countries. Just look at Liverpool. Seemingly invincible not that long ago, but no success as champions for years now. Manchester United could go down the same road.

Rudolf's Mate

Might happen but I read on another forum that the meeting in question was a standard monthly meeting with various dept's and the person was pretty sure he would still be in place over the Christmas period. 

kingantti1874

Might happen but I read on another forum that the meeting in question was a standard monthly meeting with various dept's and the person was pretty sure he would still be in place over the Christmas period.

Think he will be gone if they lose to stoke, Madrid chasing mourinho again may accelerate the deal

Rudolf's Mate

Think he will be gone if they lose to stoke, Madrid chasing mourinho again may accelerate the deal

If they want Mourinho then aye they've got to make a move. If that's the case then you'd think the Stoke result would be irrelevant. 

Don't think van girl has anything to do with Shaw being injury prone tbf.

A lot has been said about his training regime and the number of injuries they've picked up because of it. Players are very vocal regarding this.

Having said that, nothing to do with Shaw's injury. That was an assault!

How much has Jose spent compared to Arsene ?

How many times has Arsene been sacked compared to Jose ?

Which teams play the better football - Jose's or Arsene's ?

That's 3 reasons and add to that Jose is a WUM then it's not so surprising

I reckon had Wenger been at the same clubs as Jose had, he would not have had the chance to fail for so many consecutive years, and his sack count would be the same, or possibly more.

As for the style of football, playing tippy tappy stuff alone does not win you trophies, as Arsenal fans have seen for so many years.

And as for funds, Wenger could have spent more, not chose not to at Arsenal's expense, probably for ego purposes, so he can claim he is do so good, with spending so little (even if Wigan and Portsmouth, to name two, are only one trophy short of Arsenal in the last five to ten years).

Jose has also won major trophies in four different countries, and the CL with a Porto side who's budget was dwarfed by all major sides.

Meantime, Wenger has sat in his comfort zone.

Man Utd fans complaining about boring football and then wanting Mourinho employed!

Couldnt make it up. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Man Utd fans complaining about boring football and then wanting Mourinho employed!

Couldnt make it up.

As Arsenal have proved, supporters only care about style if you're winning games

Show's how much of a short term, instant gratification culture we live in that folk are even touting Ranieri. The same Ranieri sacked by the Greek national team last year for getting pumped by the Faroe Islands on their way to finishing bottom of their qualification group.

Seymour M Hersh

Shaw injury prone? it was a bad tackle / foul

The latest one may well have been but iirc he missed most of hist first season through various injuries.

Why hopefully?

Because I have backed Stoke (21/10] to win and also Stoke win & BTTS  6/1 and the chances are greatly improved by Butthead still being there.

Toxteth O'Grady

jose would do a cracking job he should have been the one to take over from fergie imo

he is a spoiled brat that will never last as a manager anywhere in the long term

Coming up on midnight Wednesday and Deila and Van Gaal both still have jobs.  If I were a betting man I'd have lost twice on that today.

On the subject of Jose, it's difficult to know where Man U stand. I was interested to read Souness last weekend stating that he didn't think a top Premier League club would go near Jose after recent events.

As for Van gaal, apart from the fact that he's out the champions league and has spent lots of money on some very average players, the main issue seems to be the style of play. Under Ferguson Man U always played attacking football and never played with fear - even if that meant the odd heavy defeat. Under Van gaal the suggestion seems to be that the team play as if they are scared of losing rather than going all out to win. 

Man U had their chance to pick Jose - and declined , for good reasons. I don't like LvGs style of play but if you had asked any MUFC fan last season did they think they'd have a chance of winning the title they would have bitten yer hand off.

The way the press have slagged off  LvG is  a disgrace : and now they want to replace him with  a  proven  loser who had a xfer budget MUFC can only dream of.

It's a shame LvG didn't say this instead of storming off stage.

Archived