Van Gaal

kingantti1874

Funnily enough I'm doing some work with a counterpart who is based in Manchester (He is a massive United fan, season ticket holder etc)

He mentioned in an email this morning that Van Gaal would be gone within the next 48 hours.  TBH I just kind of thought it was a rumour going round like you hear rumours all the time about stuff but looks like there might be something in it.

United would be mad not to go for Jose.

It's the job Mourinho has wanted ever since Sir Alex called it a day.

He's been waiting for the call at the right time.

He will go there and will be merciless on the likes of Chelsea.

The money will finally be released as well. They will start really spending to get players like Bale and Pogba.

The money will finally be released as well. They will start really spending to get players like Bale and Pogba.

and if he get the structure and support he wants including how transfers are done

Sir Alex can perhaps help too

Chelsea seemed another confused structure with different power bases. Abramovitch gave others too much control squeezing out Mourinho

I've criticised Mourinho but he can do well

Funnily enough I'm doing some work with a counterpart who is based in Manchester (He is a massive United fan, season ticket holder etc)

He mentioned in an email this morning that Van Gaal would be gone within the next 48 hours. TBH I just kind of thought it was a rumour going round like you hear rumours all the time about stuff but looks like there might be something in it.

Good post and info mate.

Think Jos? would do well for them.

They would be mad to not go for Jose

All well and good talking about building up a legacy but you have to win games and play well in the here and now first

He would be a good choice.

Perhaps it could even be a stitch up.

Chelsea want to get rid of him. Man Utd want him. This reduces compensation to him. Everyone is happy.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Heard about this happening straight after Utd where dumped out of the CL.

One of the reason's Chelsea punted him and he waived his pay-off.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The glazers complete lack of nous in respect to professional football is shining through now. Got away with it previously because they inherited ferguson. Woodward is a joke

The glazers complete lack of nous in respect to professional football is shining through now. Got away with it previously because they inherited ferguson. Woodward is a joke

Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson know about football

not all down to Woodward

Geoff Kilpatrick

The last sentence is spot on. Wish David Gill would come out of retirement.

I'd give it to giggs, at least interim till the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great player but looks totally passionless on that bench

Even on that Salford programme the times you saw him he hardly came across as manager material.

All my opinion of course, he may prove me wrong one day but this gig is way too big for him.

If Jose doesn't get the job my cash would be on mark Hughes.

Jose is a grade A sh1t.

Narcissist.

Read the "long read "on the Guardian today, very good.

Bobby Charlton voted against him when Fergie left because of his cowardly assault on Tito Vilanova ...remember the finger in the eye from behind, in the touch line fight..

No class whatsoever. Yesterday's man.

I agree giggs still needs work done etc. If Jose does get the nod Mata would be finished there too I'd imagine.

3d4ac853b9a26ad2ba5599ad1dc8168a.jpg

Stranger things have happened in football though. [emoji1]

Very true mate, and i agree with you re mata.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Ronaldo and McGinn

Mourinho would be a knee-jerk reaction.  Short term appointment to ensure Champions League and maybe even challenge for the title this season, but he has no track record of bringing young talent through.  Case in point, he let Lukaku go to Everton, when I always thought he was the obvious player to fill Drogba's boots, if given a chance.

John mcCartney

Bobby Charlton voted against him when Fergie left because of his cowardly assault on Tito Vilanova ...remember the finger in the eye from behind, in the touch line fight..

shocker that one on poor old tito,

sullied his own character that night did jose

Say What Again

Hasnt LVG spent about ?250m?

Di Maria, Martial, Rojo, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Scheiderlin, Darmian (sp?), Spanish midfielder who's name I can't get just now - and I'm probably missing some others.

cc163f414f234bd2dc3e73999c14c1fd.jpg

Consensus among the press seems to be he's a away soon, but nothing official yet..

Certainly no smoke without fire mate.

cc163f414f234bd2dc3e73999c14c1fd.jpg

Consensus among the press seems to be he's a away soon, but nothing official yet..

Maybe aye!   Maybe naw!

But, the media at their usual! 

Why bother having a story to print, let's make one up to sell a few liners for the cat litter tray.

The media in this country are pathetic.

Jose is a grade A sh1t.

Narcissist.

Read the "long read "on the Guardian today, very good.

A decent read, cheers for that.

Di Maria, Martial, Rojo, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Scheiderlin, Darmian (sp?), Spanish midfielder who's name I can't get just now - and I'm probably missing some others.

i know it may be nitpicking but i think it is ?280M

Heard about this happening straight after Utd where dumped out of the CL.

One of the reason's Chelsea punted him and he waived his pay-off.

Was he not paid ?10m is something in his pay off?

Maybe aye!   Maybe naw!

But, the media at their usual! 

Why bother having a story to print, let's make one up to sell a few liners for the cat litter tray.

The media in this country are pathetic.

As long as no one believes the made-up stories it's fine...

For the money spent relative to level of achievement, LVG has been an unmitigated disaster of an appointment.

Mourinho would be a short term deal, so I'd say he's not what they need. If I were United, I'd want Pochettino.

That would be a very interesting signing. Imagine what he could do with Utds spending power.

He mentioned in an email this morning that Van Gaal would be gone within the next 48 hours. TBH I just kind of thought it was a rumour going round like you hear rumours all the time about stuff but looks like there might be something in it.

Heard Jose is a target for Roma :unsure:

Find it rather amusing the amount of stock Jose gets when he's won as many titles as Wenger in a quarter of the time.

I think its the way it seems to have ended twice now at Chelsea and also at Madrid.Doesnt really seem to be able to build a side and sustain it but can get great results from an existing team intially.

Did he build that Porto side(still his greatest achievement imo)?

Find it rather amusing the amount of stock Jose gets when he's won as many titles as Wenger in a quarter of the time.

Probably because of the scorched earth policy he operates. Everywhere he goes seems to descend into shambles either before he leaves or immediately after. He's very high intensity and doesn't seem able to sustain it at any one club for a long period.

He's a great appointment for a big club wanting a quick fix but he's no an empire builder which is what Man U want.

The problem man Utd have is that they want the next Alex ferguson, unfortunately in football these days it's not going to happen, no one gets the time or the leeway that's required to do that kind of job.

kingantti1874

shaw, Herrera, Depay, there's anothe ?90m to add to your list :lol:

Maroon Sailor

How much has Jose spent compared to Arsene ?

How many times has Arsene been sacked compared to Jose ?

Which teams play the better football - Jose's or Arsene's ?

That's 3 reasons and add to that Jose is a WUM then it's not so surprising

shaw, Herrera, Depay, there's anothe ?90m to add to your list [emoji38]

Pathetic that those three went for ?90M, if that's true. They've largely done bugger all since they went to Man United. What has happened to football :rofl:

Pathetic that those three went for ?90M, if that's true. They've largely done bugger all since they went to Man United. What has happened to football :rofl:

3 good players stifled by LVG

I think its the way it seems to have ended twice now at Chelsea and also at Madrid.Doesnt really seem to be able to build a side and sustain it but can get great results from an existing team intially.

Did he build that Porto side(still his greatest achievement imo)?

I believe a fair chunk of the side were already at Porto but he did bring in the likes of Perriera, Valente and Costinha.

Archived