U20s tonight

Poseidon

Hamilton Morrison Henderson Baur Ozturk Beith Zanatta Buchanan Juanma Swanson King

Subs Fisher McKirdy I.Smith Moore Jones Baxter Henderson

Seymour M Hersh

Reading between the lines Goose just getting the 1st half due to the surface and him coming back from a hip injury. 

Seems to be RN's way of 'punishing' misdemeanours in sending first team players to horrible places after they've been sent off. Bauban went to Inverness with the 20's after he got sent off and not much worse punishments than there or Killie on a cold Monday night!

Footballfirst

Reading between the lines Goose just getting the 1st half due to the surface and him coming back from a hip injury. 

Most of his comeback games, (bar the Youth Cup tie?), have been on artificial surfaces. I'm sure he played 90 mins in one of them. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Anderson nowhere to be seen once again. Beginning to look like this is a deeper routed issue.

All is not well at Tynecastle

All is not well at Tynecastle

Not sure if you're at it. I just think it's odd we've shelled money for a guy who can't get on bench for U20's

Anderson nowhere to be seen once again. Beginning to look like this is a deeper routed issue.

Why would we bother playing him when we have no intention of ever picking him for the first team. The under 20s are all about developing young players and keeping/building fitness levels for the older guys.  Or for punishing errant first teamers it would seem.

Hearts of Vladland

1-0 Killie. Good thing I never went big on Hearts because of this thread. Oh wait..

:muggy:

This. Christmas is cancelled.

Not sure if you're at it. I just think it's odd we've shelled money for a guy who can't get on bench for U20's

tell us how it will benefit the squads for someone who will not play for the first team again and an overage player at that, to play

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I don't think there is much in it tbh, look at Reilly for instance he isn't getting much game time either and we paid cash for him. Our 2 worst signing have cost us the most. :laugh:

I don't think there is much in it tbh, look at Reilly for instance he isn't getting much game time either and we paid cash for him. Our 2 worst signing have cost us the most. :laugh:

FWIW I don't think either have been given a proper chance. That said, neither have looked particularly great in the few appearances they've made.

I can see both moved on in January tbh.

tell us how it will benefit the squads for someone who will not play for the first team again and an overage player at that, to play

How do we move him on if he's not playing at any level?

How do we move him on if he's not playing at any level?

he gets a trial

That's generally how it works

would you leave Beith or Swanson out for him?

Seymour M Hersh

Most of his comeback games, (bar the Youth Cup tie?), have been on artificial surfaces. I'm sure he played 90 mins in one of them. 

You might have a point there FF certainly the Aberdeen game was on the new plastic at Riccarton. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

FWIW I don't think either have been given a proper chance. That said, neither have looked particularly great in the few appearances they've made.

I can see both moved on in January tbh.

Out of the two I would say Anderson had much less opportunities but considering Livingston didn't want him I think justified our managements decisions.

Reilly has really put the effort in but just simply isn't good enough. He wouldn't get a game for Killie or Dundee UTD. The championship is his level

Phil D. Corners

Why would we bother playing him when we have no intention of ever picking him for the first team. The under 20s are all about developing young players and keeping/building fitness levels for the older guys.  Or for punishing errant first teamers it would seem.

Agreed. It's harsh.... But if he has no future then play someone who does.

Does anyone know if Anderson still trains with the club? First team or other?

Footballfirst

Do hearts ever have any coverage on their under 20s games?

I think they may have covered two or three Development League games and the one game at Tynecastle in the youth cup via twitter.

Their "live" coverage is probably the worst of all of the teams in the League.

I think all games are filmed, mainly for internal use, although a few clips have ended up on the website.

HamishMcGonagall

Out of the two I would say Anderson had much less opportunities but considering Livingston didn't want him I think justified our managements decisions.

Reilly has really put the effort in but just simply isn't good enough. He wouldn't get a game for Killie or Dundee UTD. The championship is his level

So are we thinking the management think this regarding Reilly? Have thought it odd that he hardly gets a look in with the under 20's yet the last I read a few weeks ago, they still believed he would come good... Surely he's more chance of developing playing in these under 20 games than hardly ever at all?

So are we thinking the management think this regarding Reilly? Have thought it odd that he hardly gets a look in with the under 20's yet the last I read a few weeks ago, they still believed he would come good... Surely he's more chance of developing playing in these under 20 games than hardly ever at all?

he's played in a good number of U20 games

plenty time

Archived