HEARTS' EXCRUCIATING search for a manager will enter its 24th week

slfjambo

Charlie-Brown

The majority of the McGhee dealings were done away from the media spotlight over several months and all we got was whispers from various posters on here that McGhee was the man, there was also rumours that Levein met Hearts people fairly recently too - none of these stories made the papers at the time.....so how can anybody assume that nothing is happening or going on in the background when it appears for months various things have been happening with very little outside knowledge at all.

Toxteth O'Grady
The majority of the McGhee dealings were done away from the media spotlight over several months and all we got was whispers from various posters on here that McGhee was the man, there was also rumours that Levein met Hearts people fairly recently too - none of these stories made the papers at the time.....so how can anybody assume that nothing is happening or going on in the background when it appears for months various things have been happening with very little outside knowledge at all.

Exactly.

After the McGhee fiasco I would think that we will hear little or nothing until a deal is done.

Drylaw Hearts

The rumours of McGhee being the first choice surfaced in January.

Charlie-Brown
The rumours of McGhee being the first choice surfaced in January.

Yes but that's all they were - there was nothing to substantiate them at the time or for months afterwards.

Drylaw Hearts
Exactly.

After the McGhee fiasco I would think that we will hear little or nothing until a deal is done.

If we want JJ or CL we will have to approach their Clubs.

This will lead to the inevitable leaks etc.

Toxteth O'Grady
If we want JJ or CL we will have to approach their Clubs.

This will lead to the inevitable leaks etc.

There will be a press conference at 10.30 at Tynie tomorrow morning;)

Charlie-Brown

Are you [mod edit] in disguise? :P

Drylaw Hearts

Yep.

To launch the New Strip.

Charlie-Brown
Who is Mod Edit? A wee clue please

I can't name them as it's against forum rules but there are several posters whom you could class as the JKB Sports Newsdesk..... :)

Toxteth O'Grady
I can't name them as it's against forum rules but there are several posters whom you could class as the JKB Sports Newsdesk..... :)

I can think of a couple of suspects right enough:)

jamboinglasgow

I have missed posts when people said there was going to be a conference, we need more of these to get our hopes up so that when it turns out to be just about Czech airways we can be left stunned.

All good.

Do you think it is good practice in any business not to have an immediate back up plan ?

and how do you know they hadn't ? As Gambo says we could hardly tell the others on the Plan B list that our preference was MM. The others may now be on holiday since most football guys are right now but there is still time. After all we were in exactly the same position pre-Burley except that this time we won't have Fireworks Phil setting up the press gang at the airport to 'welcome' the next Ranieri at ?1m pa.!!!!!!!

i didn't think he was the right man but i'd of given him my support if he'd got the job.

and why shouldn't i rant.

we've got no honour, pride or ambition under romanov and his clueless puppets.

I take it you didn't believe MM on with Tam Cowan yesterday then when he said we were in very good hands and had big plans ahead, etc. etc.

jamboinglasgow
I take it you didn't believe MM on with Tam Cowan yesterday then when he said we were in very good hands and had big plans ahead, etc. etc.

I do honestly think that McGhee would of been our manager had it not been a phone call on monday from (who I think) Strachan who I reckon said he is planning to leave celtic by next season at the latest and thinks mcghee should stay put so he can go to celtic park.

I do honestly think that McGhee would of been our manager had it not been a phone call on monday from (who I think) Strachan who I reckon said he is planning to leave celtic by next season at the latest and thinks mcghee should stay put so he can go to celtic park.

You could very well be right.......from speaking to a 'Well steward who works beside me in our office....he can't believe that Boyle convinced MM....far more likely to be a third party.....WGS fits that bill since they, apparently are good mates. This might even happen this season !!!!!

jamboinglasgow
You could very well be right.......from speaking to a 'Well steward who works beside me in our office....he can't believe that Boyle convinced MM....far more likely to be a third party.....WGS fits that bill since they, apparently are good mates. This might even happen this season !!!!!

well I cant see any other way for not getting on a plane that last minute. Even if Boyle had said something surely he would got to see Vlad and said "I have a great assurances that tempt me to stay at Motherwell, how can you persuade me otherwise."

I'd prefer it if Hearts were sifting thru the out of work managers on the LMA website rather than trying to get JJ or CL to quit their clubs.

I don't.

But if Plan B is JJ or CL then nearly a week after being KB'd by MM we still haven't approached thier respective Clubs for permission to speak to either of them.

If Plan B is Billy Davies then we still haven't contacted him.

But I don't think he is in the plan at all or they would have spoken to him well before now. Even if it was just to sound him out.

I get the feeling that MM was the only target and they were so confident in getting him that they didn't even bother having a back up plan.

How do you know who they have and have not contacted - HMFC might just have overlooked to tell you. Things could change by the day in these situations.

24 weeks to find a Manager must be some sort of record.

We did find a manager months ago but thr plonker changed his mind at the very very last second...

that was MM being diplomatic. you never know one day he might just be our manager.

never burn your bridges.

We did find a manager months ago but thr plonker changed his mind at the very very last second...

ogilvie and brodie thought mm was a done deal and got lazy. i believe there was no one on the list except mcghee.

now these muppets have to start all over again and we'll be lucky to have a quality manager in place before the pre-season starts.

with the hoops romanov wants to vet and interview any new manager it's no wonder mcghee changed his mind.

did romanov really want a manager who wanted total control of team selection. i think romanov is wanting another one of his puppets in charge and the 1st of january statement is a complete lie.

jamboinglasgow
ogilvie and brodie thought mm was a done deal and got lazy. i believe there was no one on the list except mcghee.

now these muppets have to start all over again and we'll be lucky to have a quality manager in place before the pre-season starts.

with the hoops romanov wants to vet and interview any new manager it's no wonder mcghee changed his mind.

did romanov really want a manager who wanted total control of team selection. i think romanov is wanting another one of his puppets in charge and the 1st of january statement is a complete lie.

I listened to off the ball and was surprised how posistive MM was being about hearts and it encouraged me, yes he may be trying not to burn his bridges but the fact that he wanted to come until a mystery phone call changed his mind should at least show that he had seen something he liked at hearts.

And what proof do you have that hearts dont have a list, yes you can think that a manager is almost certain but with the celtic job a big lure to McGhee you cant take it for granted so other candidates must be there as well. I would rather hearts take a pause between candidates to think things over then rush the next day to get someone else who could knock hearts back and put us in a worse posistion. If nothing is said by the end of this week then I would be more worried but even the managers we want may be away on holiday. If there is no one in place by pre-season then I will panic, not now.

walton1983
How long do should Hearts wait before they move forward with Plan B ?

Everyday we are without a Manager we are falling further behind other teams with regards to planning for next Season.

If plan B was Davies I think an approach would have been made by now, although I suppose if it was Jefferies we should have asked to speak to him by now as well. Who knows what happens now.

Archived