Walker New deal

jayjay

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diadora Van Basten

Good stuff by Hearts!

I would imagine that there would be a lot of teams that would like to have Walker in their team so its good for us that he wants to stay.

I'm led to believe Pallardo new deal is looking likely too. No timeframe on it but he wants to stay so the club are confident.

Any news on Augustyn mate?

Don't believe it. We have ITK'ers on here that have been telling us plenty times that Rangers are interested in him and Walker will be signing for Rangers. Where are these roasters? We demand answers. We have the right to know.

Anyway excellent news. Huge news in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signing a new contract so we get more money in the summer. Nice one ;)

50 pence and a Mars bar if the bid is from Govan.

:jj:

Bazzas right boot

:asiancat:  :kisskiss:  :stantoned:  :fonzie:  :clumshot: 

This is great news, however as each player signs a new deal, the Sow situation seems to become a bit more ominous.

Think I'll wait for the posts from the edgy realists telling us he's an overrated Huddy before I get too excited. Hopefully complete with rofls

scott herbertson

Fantastic news - a great prospect -c an see him in the international team and a big money transfer fee, but only after we have got a good two years out of him

Great news and a good statement from Robbie. Hopefully Jamie can shake of those injuries; he's a key player for us.

Going to stick my neck out here. An extension from 2017 to 2018 would suggest to me that some bids are expected and this will boost the valuation. Sorry to be cynical, hope I'm wrong of course.

Going to stick my neck out here. An extension from 2017 to 2018 would suggest to me that some bids are expected and this will boost the valuation. Sorry to be cynical, hope I'm wrong of course.

There may be some truth in that, but the length of contract means we can keep him until the end of the season, and still get a decent fee for him.

I have no issue with this, so for me, it is still great news.

Nice. Contract extension klaxons now... new signing(s) klaxon(s) next month. Hopefully.

Vermin / WUMs / attention seekers GTF and cease to breathe.

Hope he does a bit of an Andy Driver. Great talent who breaks through the ranks then has his problems with injuries before coming back and turning in the sort of performances which elevate him to the status of that rare breed of Hearts players who are Scottish Cup winners.

Hope he does a bit of an Andy Driver. Great talent who breaks through the ranks then has his problems with injuries before coming back and turning in the sort of performances which elevate him to the status of that rare breed of Hearts players who are Scottish Cup winners.

I hope he does a Craig Gordon, and wins the Scottish Cup with us, then earns us millions of pounds.

I hope he does a Craig Gordon, and wins the Scottish Cup with us, then earns us millions of pounds.

That would be even better but hopefully without paying him five figures a week.

I suspect this extension to contract has a lot to do with the vision of Craig Levein as DOF. It probably goes without saying Jamie Walker could have earned more money in the short term with a move in January. For a lot of players at a lot of clubs this would be a no brainer.  But football is littered with players who ?had the potential to go far? moved on too early or to the wrong club and then did not quite make it.  Walker has massive earning potential if he gets it right. At this time in his career he needs more than anything stability and regular first team football. (If you want a Scotland call up you need to be playing.) The Academy should not just be there to bring on young raw talent then lose them for virtually no return at a early stage of development.  It has to be focused on taking players one or two development steps further before moving on (if they want to). Looks like Levien has recognised this and has a plan. It requires a lot of trust and honesty and will benefit  both club and player. Not football agents who seem to fill young players heads full of ??  to line their own pockets with ????????????.  Jamie has not succumb to this and seems to have his head screwed on and wants to concentrate on football. For Levein Walker is almost a test case for the Academy. If it works out Jamie?s career will be flourish, Hearts will benefit greatly and more academy graduates will follow suit with longer contracts.  Time will tell.

Luscious Laryea

Great news, I'm sure I wpn't be the only one on here ITK that Rangers were sniffing around

Lord Beni of Gorgie

PHM delighted with what is as good as a new signing. Can hardly believe it. Bitter roasters.........well.....spewing

But but he dyed his hair.

Great news. An excellent length, too.

Two consecutive posts...seems we have some fashionistas in our support.

Archived