Tyson Fury Petition

Primavera

Come on then, discuss. I'm an agnostic Liberal so really don't like homophobia, fundamentalist religion and sexism but I also think that we live in a country that is obsessed with political correctness and I find the idea that this petition is acted upon of much more concern than one man's ugly words. Should we censure free speech? The award is apparently about personality which no-one can deny Fury has in abundance, unlike many of the previous winners.

Regal Kingston

Its ridiculous.

His backward views will kill any chance he has of winning stone dead.

Its a good education for any youngster to watch the process and realise that holding these views are unacceptable.

Him being in the audience and sensible commentating is worth more than removing him from the competition.

IMO of course.

Regarding the sexism, while I don't agree with his opinions, in the travelling community it is the role of the woman to cook, clean and look after the kids. Yes it's backwards but try telling them that.

You might end up under a patio mind you.

William H. Bonney

By the very definition of the word 'personality' he should win it, but he wont, because of his personality.

The Treasurer

Everyone is entitled to their own views, whether we agree with them or not.

If people don't like what he says then they won't vote for him and he won't win.

As he should be one of the favourites to win, the fact that he might not even make the top 3 would tell people more about what is "acceptable" than just banning him would

loveofthegame

Lets be honest, SPOTY has never once been about the personality of the winner - it is about who the public deem to have achieved most in any particular year.

Did Ryan Giggs not win it right after being caught shagging his brother's Mrs, for example.

Fury won't win as it is a popularity contest by way of a public vote but no way should he be chucked out.

More likely a badly laid driveway that won't last through the winter.

You just can't get well skilled enslaved workers these days.

You just can't get well skilled enslaved workers these days.

Could anyone that is a slave be called a traveller?  Seems a bit of an oxymoron.

Of course, if we take a Marxist perspective, we are all wage slaves.

If he doesnt get the sports personality award i sure he will cry himself to sleep. All those millions of pounds in his bank, the world title, the fame and reputation will mean nothing if doesnt win this.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Man who makes his living getting punched in the head isnt too smart. What surprises me is that so many people take him seriously. He's clearly an idiot.

Jambo, Goodbye

I'm pretty sure the outrage would have been far greater had he had something negative to say towards a particular race, unfortunately it seems we still have a bit to go before people realise just what an absolute roaster this man actually is. 

I hope he wins.    Just to annoy Liberals.

Seriously the best thing that can happen is the vote goes ahead.    If he does indeed get hammered then that is a far better message from Society than banning him in the first place.

But if he wins??????????????

Man who makes his living getting punched in the head isnt too smart. What surprises me is that so many people take him seriously. He's clearly an idiot.

This.

I've done it myself in recent days and commented on his behaviour but I can't help feel it's all just giving him the oxygen of publicity. People who didn't even know who Tyson Fury was are now talking about him.

He's right unpleasant though.

I P Knightley

I hope he wins.    Just to annoy Liberals.

???????

Claire Balding would be the one announcing his award if so.

BBC chiefs being called to face MPs over his selection for the shortlist.

Police investigating complaints of hate crimes arising from his comments.

:naughty:

Maybe he should be hung, drawn, and quartered live on SPOTY.   Yeah lets hang him.    If he is on the show I'll definately watch it though.  The other candidates are, without exception, boring non-personalities.

zoltan socrates

This is a social justice arrive wankathon

Firstly the boy gets battered round the head for a living, his brain more likely resembles chopped liver, the output no better than a zx spectrum

But the boy is from a culture that that doesn't particularly encourage tolerance of the weirder sides of life, his opinion is still a part of our overall culture and just as relevant as the transgender or weird religious sect communities, just becaus it leaves a bad taste in the libtards mouths suddenly he faces potential prosecution? Did he actually try and influence people to go beating gays or did he simply voice his view?

This is a social justice arrive wankathon

Firstly the boy gets battered round the head for a living, his brain more likely resembles chopped liver, the output no better than a zx spectrum

But the boy is from a culture that that doesn't particularly encourage tolerance of the weirder sides of life, his opinion is still a part of our overall culture and just as relevant as the transgender or weird religious sect communities, just becaus it leaves a bad taste in the libtards mouths suddenly he faces potential prosecution? Did he actually try and influence people to go beating gays or did he simply voice his view?

Its certainly got the Liberals themselves into a frenzy.     I'm with Voltaire, or Cocteau or whoever it was - "I may detest your views, but I will defend to the death your right to have them".  Liberals gtf. 

Oops better get back "on KB Message".  Hang him!  Kill him!   He is a monster!! Kill!  Kill!! Kill!

Thats better.   

Removing him from the SPOTY running is not denying his right to free speech.

It's just not putting him on a pedestal.

Sporting achievement is the main criteria for selection, but it's also about how you carry yourself.

It's about saying "we're rewarding this person because, not only are they achievers on the pitch, but they are also sporting off it. They carry themselves with class and dignity and should be looked up to by those looking to emulate them".

I believe Giggs won his award before the stuff about his brother's Mrs came out and I'm sure there are other examples off people winning awards after being idiots, but Fury is the most unrepentant bigot I can remember ever being in the running, so for that reason he should not be on the ballot.

zoltan socrates

It's a sporting contest based on sporting achievements, android Murray isn't in the running because he's a hoot and endorses x, y or z minority, he's in he running because he's good at bat and ball, their participation in spoty shouldn't be based on what a minority of middle class vanity chasers with voices too loud for their point deem acceptable, it's sports personality not media personality

Being the bbc he will be binned before, it's a nap

But his point, his view on other subjects, however abhorrent to some, are as valid as any other and he should not be prosecuted, or chased for prosecution, based on his opinion, we do not live in an Orwellian dystopia quite yet and I'd like to keep it that way

Having said that there are certain posts here rampantly indulging in doublethink

Regal Kingston

The creator of the petition is not pissed off by Fury's comments but with the BBC allowing Fury to be included in the shortlist.

He thinks the BBC is tolerating his views.

I bet if i started a thread which contained homophoic and sexist views i would righly be shot down. The posters on here defending furys right to say these these things would hardly come onto that thread and defend my right to say these things. The admin would probably ban me as well.

So come off it eh. He has no right to say these things. Homophobia and sexism is illegal and rightly so and he should be banned from the spoty awards.

I bet if i started a thread which contained homophoic and sexist views i would righly be shot down. The posters on here defending furys right to say these these things would hardly come onto that thread and defend my right to say these things. The admin would probably ban me as well.

So come off it eh. He has no right to say these things. Homophobia and sexism is illegal and rightly so and he should be banned from the spoty awards.

Wrong I'm afraid.    You have the right to say whatever you want, that's free speech and I will defend that for you or anyone else.      The law exists to protect that right and the Police are currently interviewing Fury so if he has broken the law there will be a consequence.

If the Mods decide to ban you for politely expressing your views, whatever they are within the law, that's their problem.

Wrong I'm afraid.    You have the right to say whatever you want, that's free speech and I will defend that for you or anyone else.      The law exists to protect that right and the Police are currently interviewing Fury so if he has broken the law there will be a consequence.

If the Mods decide to ban you for politely expressing your views, whatever they are within the law, that's their problem.

Utter pish.

The law doesn't protect free speech in the UK and you don't have the right to say whatever you want.

Are you an American or an ex-pat living in the states maybe?

RobboScoresAgain

As others have said, if it was an actual personality contest he would win it hands down, but a look at just the last 2 years winners tells you what everyone already knows, it's got bugger all to do with personality.

Archaic views he's based on fictional stories from hundreds of years ago prove he's not a clever man, but being a self confessed completely uneducated guy raised with gypsy culture, that's not surprising really. I don't think it's really a matter for the police but if someone's made a complaint then they probably have no choice but to waste their time and money investigating it.

Not really bothered if he wins SPOTY or not really, it's a nonsense anyway. More interested in seeing him getting matched with Joshua and getting destroyed asap.

Jam Tarts 1874

We should be allowed access to all Twitter, Facebook, E-mail etc records of absolutely everyone - so that we can decide for certain who we like and don't like.

And has now has his invitation to the sports journalist annual bash revoked due to his threats to a journalist.

He's a ****ing clown.

they all hating on the big man i say good luck to him and enjoy ur paydays u deserve it some of these guys sounding like americans hating on their athletes like they do to broner mayweather etc

they all hating on the big man i say good luck to him and enjoy ur paydays u deserve it some of these guys sounding like americans hating on their athletes like they do to broner mayweather etc

If an athlete won the 100m in 8 seconds and then won the marathon the next day I'd still hate him if he was a sexist homophobic dolt.

If an athlete won the 100m in 8 seconds and then won the marathon the next day I'd still hate him if he was a sexist homophobic dolt.

if you dont agree with his beliefs thats ok but cant u separate his personal life and feelings from his talent as a boxer? i mean floyd has done some bad things too but u cant deny how talented he is in the ring.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

A few folk on this thread need to google "Freedom of Speech in the UK" and have a wee read.

I'm assuming they haven't been subject to blows to the head like Mr Fury.

The guy is fine , he's still trying to sell tickets for his next fight.    im sure his manager / promoter will keep him in check

A few folk on this thread need to google "Freedom of Speech in the UK" and have a wee read.

I'm assuming they haven't been subject to blows to the head like Mr Fury.

haha i never thought about that he could play the victim himself and say his head is messed up with all the punishment and then they haters will think they have been insulting a guy with mental health issues ahahahaha what a mindf***

Wrong I'm afraid. You have the right to say whatever you want, that's free speech and I will defend that for you or anyone else. The law exists to protect that right and the Police are currently interviewing Fury so if he has broken the law there will be a consequence.

If the Mods decide to ban you for politely expressing your views, whatever they are within the law, that's their problem.

You have the right to say what you like in general, but there are laws against hate speech and incitement to violence.

Saying all gays should be shot definitely falls into that category.

And if the mods decide to ban someone for what they have said then that's fine too.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean that other people are obliged to give you a platform.

William H. Bonney

if you dont agree with his beliefs thats ok but cant u separate his personal life and feelings from his talent as a boxer? i mean floyd has done some bad things too but u cant deny how talented he is in the ring.

Tyson fury has no talent.

AlphonseCapone

These threads are good for showing up the dafties who don't understand freedom of speech.

"It means a kin pure say wit a like n that ya libtard".

Archived