The Shed

Graham Thomson

On 28/08/2020 at 13:35, TorinoJambo said:

I read the Aberdeen casual book written by Jay Allan. Didn't particularly want to but the Sheepie who gave me it said I'd be interested in the parts about Hearts. Funniest bit was at the end. He listed all the teams in Scotland and "assessed" their casuals. For us he said "don't really have a lot of casuals - but they don't need to because their ordinary fans, of all ages, are crazy.

there`s a book called top boys which has an interview with an aberdeen casual called mr. m. one question was who was the most violent, crazy set of supporters you ever came across? 

his answer was "hearts scarfers from the early 80`s. they never really took to the scene as their support was made up of punks and skins. before the casual scene, the gorgie aggro were one of the most violent set of fans in scotland. they were always a difficult test for the asc, even when we had good numbers. one game when aberdeen won the league in 1984 on a wednesday night, the gorgie lads waited for the asc to come out of the ground and attacked from all angles, forcing us back into our end. eventually we managed to get back out and there was fighting all the way back to the train station miles away."

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• TypoonJambo

• Dirkdiggler77

• farin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tedarmy said:

there`s a book called top boys which has an interview with an aberdeen casual called mr. m. one question was who was the most violent, crazy set of supporters you ever came across? 

his answer was "hearts scarfers from the early 80`s. they never really took to the scene as their support was made up of punks and skins. before the casual scene, the gorgie aggro were one of the most violent set of fans in scotland. they were always a difficult test for the asc, even when we had good numbers. one game when aberdeen won the league in 1984 on a wednesday night, the gorgie lads waited for the asc to come out of the ground and attacked from all angles, forcing us back into our end. eventually we managed to get back out and there was fighting all the way back to the train station miles away."

Stopped being part of the aggro when i joined up in 81 but before that it was proper mental. Many a scrape with the Drylaw and District. Some proper scary blokes around then. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 22:43, Mister T said:

A Tale of Two Cities is worth it just for the photo of Slim and Robo sporting Smiths Menswear's finest slacks ans slip-ons in Rose Street precinct. 

The infamous Miami vice pic. 😄

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/08/2020 at 00:15, Heart of Darkness said:

Hell yeah!! Parkhead was an all hands on deck type of battle. 💣💥

Was mental on a dark midweek post match. Not many would come back to football these days after having fought their way home like we used to have to. Got my nose broken as a 14 yr old by a mid 30s gorilla on that bus park.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist
Heart of Darkness
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Was mental on a dark midweek post match. Not many would come back to football these days after having fought their way home like we used to have to. Got my nose broken as a 14 yr old by a mid 30s gorilla on that bus park.

Yeah I remember one particular dark Wednesday night where there were battles all over & around the car park. 

Can't remember Hearts ever coming out 2nd best against their sneaky bottle throwing mob!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 06/12/2015 at 14:20, Graham Thomson said:

Rangers scored there first goal before the official kick of time of 3pm

Johnstone on the deck with nobody near him. Free kick Rangers. 

I was in the stand for the Rangers replay in 1986 which we won with a late donald ford goal.  Place was packed to the door. Rangers and Hearts supporters were separated in the shed by lines of police.

It all set off long before the goal.  A massive brawl.  Dozens of arrests and they were paraded round the track and right in front of us.  Many were bleeding.  Selective and impressive police work as all were dressed in blue.

On 29/08/2020 at 13:14, Bringitbak said:

Went with the casuals pretty much from day one. Said it before on here, loved every minute of it. Loads of cowards did jump ship in the 80s to that mob down the road. Kind of defeated the purpose imo, better off in a tighter mob where your guaranteed a scrap as opposed to "the best mob" where most teams were on their toes. 

We all have varied opinions of the casual scene but without doubt most were/are some of hearts most loyal fans. Fact. 

I bet youre middle aged now and STILL think its good to start fights in the street with fellow knuckle draggers. Bet you even sing the billy boys as well.

It's OK to let it go you know.

Edited by Pans Jambo
A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I bet youre middle aged now and STILL think its good to start fights in the street with fellow knuckle draggers. Bet you even sing the billy boys as well.

A bit rich coming from a Panner… 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A bit rich coming from a Panner… 

The "Pans" isn't a team mate. There druggies, neds, knuckle draggers and even worse, hibbies down here. Bet there's far more in Edinburgh though!

15 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whatever I think or do , it's none of your business mate. Just expressing my opinion. Pretty sure you do/have done some stuff in your life I don't particularly agree with but unlike a lot of guffys on here I don't judge. 

But you carry on calling people names from safety of your wee room . 

Superb!

FinnBarr Saunders
51 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Whatever I think or do , it's none of your business mate. Just expressing my opinion. Pretty sure you do/have done some stuff in your life I don't particularly agree with but unlike a lot of guffys on here I don't judge. 

But you carry on calling people names from safety of your wee room . 

Superb!

If it wasn't anyone else's business why would you bother posting it up? LOOK AT ME< LOOK AT ME

On 30/08/2020 at 14:03, tedarmy said:

Wonder if this brings back memories. 

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

If it wasn't anyone else's business why would you bother posting it up? LOOK AT ME< LOOK AT ME

Why are you piping up?? 

I thought it was relevant to the nature of the topic being discussed. 

So when you post something on here based on your previous experiences then you should be condemned,  that how it works in here??

FinnBarr Saunders
4 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

Why are you piping up?? 

So when you post something on here based on your previous experiences then you should be condemned,  that how it works in here??

LOOK AT ME>LOOK AT ME

6 hours ago, Bringitbak said:

Why are you piping up?? 

It was relevant. 
There’s an irony on these type of threads where people try to moralise to others. I don’t get it, as most have done some daft stuff in the past.

Some of these incidents were 40 and more years ago so I don’t know why some people are getting in a lather about it.

It happened. People talk about it.

What’s the problem ?

👍

1 hour ago, Boab said:

It was relevant. 
There’s an irony on these type of threads where people try to moralise to others. I don’t get it, as most have done some daft stuff in the past.

Some of these incidents were 40 and more years ago so I don’t know why some people are getting in a lather about it.

It happened. People talk about it.

What’s the problem ?

👍

Nice one mate. 👍