Weekend forecast

Ray Gin

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Flying up later today and not going home till Sunday so a cancellation will mean more time spent in a warm boozer, kinda hope its postponed tbh.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bunch of ******* in our support honestly. FFS a wee bit o wind and rain, can happen in Summer too.

obviously the lot of you were behind your keyboards last week and not at Motherwell, where for a neutral it would be quite an entertaining game,  man up ffs,

WTF are you on about? I'm not talking about the supporters. We can dress for the weather. I'm talking about the game which could turn into a complete farce. I'm not a neutral and a perfectly winnable game at Motherwell was ruined because we couldn't play our normal game.

I've long advocated games being called off when wind affects what's going on on the park. It reduces the game to farcical levels.

Like golf, when the ball blows about on the green it gets called off.

There will also be concern regarding the state of the roads at the weekend.

The road down from Inverness is a tricky one at the best of times.High winds and possible flooding will make their journey a nightmare. Plus the fact that the Forth Road Bridge is closed for the next 24 hours and maybe even longer.

All things considered an early decision will have to be made.

My guess is the game will be called off tomorrow.

Never going to happen. Even during the winter of 2010 our game against Aberdeen went ahead.

WTF are you on about? I'm not talking about the supporters. We can dress for the weather. I'm talking about the game which could turn into a complete farce. I'm not a neutral and a perfectly winnable game at Motherwell was ruined because we couldn't play our normal game.

Okay I'll bite. Sam Nicholson missed a sitter in the final few minutes, Juanma scored as Juanma a goal as you're likely to see. Not able to play our normal game :rofl: At times we tore them apart.

Played one of our best games all season in very strong winds at Dumbarton last season. 1-5 Zeefuik debut.

Might get us back playing ball on ground.

Jambof3tornado

ICT have no excuses, well warned that FRB is closed and driving conditions may be tricky.

We dont all live in Edinburgh bud.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Only glad Wilson no longer plays for us otherwise Alexander might have been busy trying to save some of Danny's forward passes.

Wind is the worst weather for football. Good thing about Tynecastle is that it's pretty well sheltered. My concern is with the fans that have to do a bit of travelling . Up to 50mph gusts can be pretty severe. Be safe fellow supporters.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jambof3tornado

Wind is the worst weather for football. Good thing about Tynecastle is that it's pretty well sheltered. My concern is with the fans that have to do a bit of travelling . Up to 50mph gusts can be pretty severe. Be safe fellow supporters.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is sheltered but the winds still blow in from the corners making it swirl more. Even harder to predict than a straight forward one end to the other breeze.

I've heard today that the game will be called off. Not claiming to have the most legitimate sources, however it does sound like a sensible option if true.

Kincardine bridge will be shut from this evening if the winds forecasted happen so game will be off as there will be no team to play against unless they get the train or swim over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kincardine bridge will be shut from this evening if the winds forecasted happen so game will be off as there will be no team to play against unless they get the train or swim over!

Why on earth would the Inverness team bus use Kincardine? They will route towards Stirling from the end of the A9 and then pick up the M9 all the way into Newbridge, no drama, no swimming and no excuses.

Jambof3tornado

Kincardine wont be shut and the clackmannan bridge is there to use too.( though they wont need either)

Plus inverness will be travelling today and not tomorrow I'd have thought.

Jambof3tornado

Why on earth would the Inverness team bus use Kincardine? They will route towards Stirling from the end of the A9 and then pick up the M9 all the way into Newbridge, no drama, no swimming and no excuses.

This. Lol.

Where you hearing this, I8?

Apologies, i'm not in the UK right now, just going from weather reports form people on my facebook feed and on here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Since when has our newly laid pitch with excellent drainage suddenly become an amateur pitch? The stands ensure wind is not such a factor. I don't think there will be too much concern. 25mph winds are not anything to fuss about either

Aye alright smart arse I've still got jet lag, I now realise my error [emoji23]

Aye alright smart arse I've still got jet lag, I now realise my error [emoji23]

:2thumbsup:

I would be very surprised if the game was off due to weather.....the bridge is another matter.

However if the game is called off due to that then our games away to Aberdeen and STJ as well as our home match with Dundee Utd would be called off as well.

I really can't see our only game from now till Jan being against Celtic.

Jambof3tornado

I would be very surprised if the game was off due to weather.....the bridge is another matter.

However if the game is called off due to that then our games away to Aberdeen and STJ as well as our home match with Dundee Utd would be called off as well.

I really can't see our only game from now till Jan being against Celtic.

We wont get call offs due to the bridge.

I will be amazed if the game gets called off, what a bunch of panic merchants :lol:

It's not macho to claim that a bit wind and rain is a piss poor excuse for calling a game off. Fans can leave earlier to make it. As for calling a game off because the wind is blowing the ball about? Have a word :lol:

Pitch inspection tonight, pitch was pretty sodden by the Gorgie goal, but I've no knowledge as to how wet it would have to be to be called off.

Fxxx the SPFL

I was having a look at the memorial garden this afternoon and had a quick bogle at the pitch and it looks fine to me.

Nucky Thompson

I've heard today that the game will be called off. Not claiming to have the most legitimate sources, however it does sound like a sensible option if true.

They won't call off a game due to a weather forecast. It was meant to start raining with strong winds at 12noon today and still no sign of it

GorgieRules22

Pitch inspection tonight, pitch was pretty sodden by the Gorgie goal, but I've no knowledge as to how wet it would have to be to be called off.

If there's an inspection as early as tonight then the games no chance.

Who did you hear this from ?

If there's an inspection as early as tonight then the games no chance.

Who did you hear this from ?

Was mentioned when getting photos taken pitch side after the Big Hearts AGM.

They'd better make a call on it quickly if it is in doubt. Long way from inversheckie for a postponed game!

Lets be honest they dont give a **** about away fans.We have been on the end of it ourselves they just dont care.

They won't call off a game due to a weather forecast. It was meant to start raining with strong winds at 12noon today and still no sign of it

BBC's always had the rain forecast to start about 3/4pm.

How is the weather right now? worried this game is off.  Hopefully by 4:50pm tomorrow i'll not be wishing the game had been called off.

Lets be honest they dont give a **** about away fans.We have been on the end of it ourselves they just dont care.

Dingwall?

Exactly. Always the fans that suffer. It should be obvious by 8 am tomorrow morning if it's playable.

I could not care about away fans either to be fair.

How is the weather right now? worried this game is off.  Hopefully by 4:50pm tomorrow i'll not be wishing the game had been called off.

Ok just now. Due to get horrible soon.

Heavy rain forecast for tonight from 11pm and right through the night and all day tomorrow.

Add the strong winds and it doesnt look too good.

Archived