Weekend forecast

Ray Gin

Weather forecast is currently for heavy rain from tomorrow afternoon right through to Saturday night, along with 50mph+ winds.

Should matches be called off in conditions like this? Can't imagine there's going to be much resembling football being played.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Met Office:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_03_at_22_11_19.png

It really doesn't look good does it? The heavy rain this afternoon/evening would flood any pitch and it looks like that's the forecast for Friday evening and all of Saturday. We'll see, maybe it'll end up just being windy.

The 50mph winds are more of a concern than the rain tbh.

It's hard to stand upright in 50mph winds

Wind on the pitch will be a little more sheltered perhaps. As long as Alexander doesn't do this:

Dagger Is Back

Looking like a shitty day to be watching football. Even worse day for any travellers intending to come via the FRB if it's still closed.

There will also be concern regarding the state of the roads at the weekend.

The road down from Inverness is a tricky one at the best of times.High winds and possible flooding will make their journey a nightmare. Plus the fact that the Forth Road Bridge is closed for the next 24 hours and maybe even longer.

All things considered an early decision will have to be made.

My guess is the game will be called off tomorrow.

The road down from Inverness is a tricky one at the best of times.High winds and possible flooding will make their journey a nightmare. Plus the fact that the Forth Road Bridge is closed for the next 24 hours and maybe even longer.

You really think it will be bad enough to call the game off tomorrow?

When was the last time that happened for a home game for us?

You really think it will be bad enough to call the game off tomorrow?

When was the last time that happened for a home game for us?

Not just the state of the pitch.

Can you imagine the seethe if we allow Inverness to travel after two days of near continuous rain and high winds.

Then at 2.00 pm the referee calls off the game.

I know they won't have a large support but they deserve consideration.

Big_Hearts_Runner

If the ongoing issues with the Forth Road bridge continue it may be tricky for ICT and their fans driving South.

Bridge totally closed for 24 hours, possibly longer.

If the ongoing issues with the Forth Road bridge continue it may be tricky for ICT and their fans driving South.

Bridge totally closed for 24 hours, possibly longer.

Not really a problem, they would just carry on to Stirling and straight down the M9.

Not really a problem, they would just carry on to Stirling and straight down the M9.

Trouble is everyone else will have the same idea.

Anyway what kind of game are we going to get playing on a lake in 50mph winds ?

Dr Ian Malcolm

We've had howling wind before and it's not made much of a difference - we have possibly the most enclosed pitch in Scotland. The pitch is more often than not in great nick - when was the last time it was unplayable?

Game will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure the game will go on, but I'm not sure it should.

Strong winds can make matches farcical, and make the result a complete lottery - though I've never heard of any game being postponed / abandoned because of it - maybe something to be considered for future seasons..?

Strong winds can make matches farcical, and make the result a complete lottery - though I've never heard of any game being postponed / abandoned because of it - maybe something to be considered for future seasons..?

I agree. Winds kill games far more than bogged down pitches.

If our game up at Pittodrie in midweek a few years back wasn't postponed for the wind, no football game ever will be. Freezing cold, hurricane-force winds and an unbelievably dire game.

I'm sure I remember our keeper having to collect his own goal kick from the edge of our box after it blew back towards him :laugh:

GorgieRules22

Looking at the forecast and the rain we have had already I don't think there's any chance of this game going ahead.

Weather forecast is currently for heavy rain from tomorrow afternoon right through to Saturday night, along with 50mph+ winds.

Should matches be called off in conditions like this? Can't imagine there's going to be much resembling football being played.

Similar to last weekend then!

Calling the game off cos of a bit of wind?

It was horrendous conditions at Motherwell last week but was a decent game of football, would have been a good one for the neutral. The Inverness team will travel down today, is it possible to call a game off because away fans travel is distrupted? Thats only way I can see it being called off unless the panic merchants get their way

If the weather is really tripe, I hope it is called off.  Hugely disappointing.  Makes it like another of these international windows but the players and supporters should have acceptable conditions.

Fingers crossed it improves.

I hope they call it off before drinking commences at 11am as I can still work if there's no football.

Seriously, I hope if there's any doubt at, say 10am they should shelf it. Apart from anything else I wouldn't wish on anyone the situation we found ourselves in at Ross County a couple of years back. I still believe Brines enjoyed calling that off at 2.15pm!!!

Oh ffs. So it will probably get called off as i'm on the train up from London, and due to engineering works we have to stay over. Long way to come for a pint with my dad!

The Treasurer

Weather's going to be alright in Sydney this weekend.  Enjoy the rain, the wind and the game lads!

Tynecastle in the wind and rain or Sydney in the hot sun ?

I know where I'd rather be (and will be)

Italian Lambretta

Look if you don't want to go just say you're going christmas shopping, don't blame the weather.

Couldn't be any worse than Motherwell last weekend.

Look if you don't want to go just say you're going christmas shopping, don't blame the weather.

Couldn't be any worse than Motherwell last weekend.

There is absolutely zero chance of me doing any Christmas shopping.

What about us poor folks from Penicuik.  Snowed in yesterday.

Wind and rain will be a piece of cake for us.

Took my daughter over 5 hours to travel from the centre of Edinburgh to Innerleithen last night.  About 4 hours of that time was spent trying to get past Straiton & the Bush roundabout and then Penicuik. 

Once past Leadburn the roads were clear, no snow, just slush.

Genuinely lolled @ the tag 'shan to grim'!!!

Anyway, summer fitbaw=it being highly unlikely we'd need to play or attend in shan or grim weather.

I hope all the real men on here who don't mind a 'bit of wind and rain' don't bother to come on here after the game tearfully complaining that the game was shite and our players couldn't string two passes together and ICTs three wind assisted goals should never have stood. 

We_are_the_Hearts

I hope all the real men on here who don't mind a 'bit of wind and rain' don't bother to come on here after the game tearfully complaining that the game was shite and our players couldn't string two passes together and ICTs three wind assisted goals should never have stood. 

Real men will be in the boozer after the game pulling burds , not on the Internet  :2thumbsup:  :ruiner: 

At the moment, the BBC website has EH11 as heavy rain all day and wind speeds of 55mph.

It will be grim as **** but let's just get on with it.

Maroon Sailor

I was up at Inverness when Rix was manager (March 06 ?) and the wind that day ruined the whole match.

0-0 and it was a waste of time playing

Jambof3tornado

At the moment, the BBC website has EH11 as heavy rain all day and wind speeds of 55mph.

It will be grim as **** but let's just get on with it.

Is that gusts of up to 55 mph rather than mean speeds I take it?

scott herbertson

On a purely selfish point moving it to Sunday would be rubbish - I'm on the 9.30 train back to London

john brownlee

just like after the murderwell game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that gusts of up to 55 mph rather than mean speeds I take it?

Average winds of around 27mph (which is still extremely windy).

Gusts of 55mph, which is 'ball blowing backwards over your head' windy.

Jambof3tornado

Average winds of around 27mph (which is still extremely windy).

Gusts of 55mph, which is 'ball blowing backwards over your head' windy.

Possible advantage to our opponents as they are used to playing in such conditions.

May even have to wear the ol' waterproof troosers!!

The Shed Floodlight

bunch of pussies in our support honestly. FFS a wee bit o wind and rain, can happen in Summer too.

obviously the lot of you were behind your keyboards last week and not at Motherwell, where for a neutral it would be quite an entertaining game,  man up ffs,

bunch of ******* in our support honestly. FFS a wee bit o wind and rain, can happen in Summer too.

obviously the lot of you were behind your keyboards last week and not at Motherwell, where for a neutral it would be quite an entertaining game,  man up ffs,

A heroic effort mate. Truly a giant among men.

Archived