This kind of mind set...

glastonbury jambo

Fxxx the SPFL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34728881

"We're a good side and it's our home game, so we need to take the game to them."[/size]

would love to see us adopt this kind of mindset the next time we meet sheltic instead of the cronic over respect and fear.

go for the jugular I'd rather go down a fighting four three than lose playing cagey/defensively. The seven nil was a freak one off result.

"We're a good side and it's our home game, so we need to take the game to them."

would love to see us adopt this kind of mindset the next time we meet sheltic instead of the cronic over respect and fear.

Did you read the article? You seem to have missed out these quotes, which actually back up the tactics employed by Robbie for the Celtic game...

"

But he concedes they will have to alter their tactics to combat the threat of their visitors.

"We believe we can win any match," McIntyre told BBC Scotland.

"There does have to be a different system deployed against Celtic. We lost heavily last season by really having a go at them and pressing them high up the park."

Also...

"

"You've definitely got to be a wee bit more cagey and a wee bit more structured in terms of making sure that you're not leaving wide open spaces," he said.

"They have got players with pace and trickery that can really hurt you."

gorgie rd eh11

"We're a good side and it's our home game, so we need to take the game to them."

go for the jugular I'd rather go down a fighting four three than lose playing cagey/defensively. The seven nil was a freak one off result.

:lol:

Cast No Shadow

Uh-huh.

But the frequent three and four goal pumpings aren't.

glastonbury jambo

Did you read the article? You seem to have missed out these quotes, which actually back up the tactics employed by Robbie for the Celtic game...

"

But he concedes they will have to alter their tactics to combat the threat of their visitors.

"We believe we can win any match," McIntyre told BBC Scotland.

"There does have to be a different system deployed against Celtic. We lost heavily last season by really having a go at them and pressing them high up the park."

Also...

"

"You've definitely got to be a wee bit more cagey and a wee bit more structured in terms of making sure that you're not leaving wide open spaces," he said.

"They have got players with pace and trickery that can really hurt you."

the main emphasis of the post is that he believes he can beat them and he will instil that into his players ,

i never heard Robbie saying we could beat celtic , or hibs for that matter.

the main emphasis of the post is that he believes he can beat them and he will instil that into his players ,

i never heard Robbie saying we could beat celtic , or hibs for that matter.

He's actually been quoted on a couple of occasion saying he want's the players to believe they can beat Celtic, so he cleary believes they can. The problem is perhaps more the players don't believe it yet.

This was a quote from him before the Celtic game...

"We will need to be at 100%," said the head coach. "We need to compete and work hard and if we do and do the right things then we can win."

Exactly. Just once in the pre-match interview when asked about his chances against the "champions", I would love to hear Robbie to say something like "They are just a bunch of overpaid poofs" and then watch the players exit the tunnel pumped up and screaming like a scene from Braveheart and get torn clean in from the off.

Exactly. Just once in the pre-match interview when asked about his chances against the "champions", I would love to hear Robbie to say something like "They are just a bunch of overpaid poofs" and then watch the players exit the tunnel pumped up and screaming like a scene from Braveheart and get torn clean in from the off.

[emoji23]

:yas:

Too many people at Hearts are frightened of celtic. Whether this is the Management or Players or perhaps both!

As long as we believe we cannot win - then we won't! Our whole demenanour from kick off typifies the lack of belief.

We seem to be in a unique situation where we think we are not good enough to compete with the O/F, and shows in our play - and think we are too good for everyone else, and this shows in our play!!

Time for Hearts to bring in a  psychological Guru, or an old fashioned boot up the backside!

Which is all fine except for the reality.

If that had been a Scottish team playing the filth on Thursday then the offsides wouldn't have been given and the smeltic player would have stayed on the park.   All the gung-ho spirit in the World won't help you win when Gollum is the referee.

Fxxx the SPFL

Uh-huh.

But the frequent three and four goal pumpings aren't.

The smellies are in worse shape this season and are there for the taking IMO.

Bring back Paulo Sergio for these games. He wasn't afraid of Celtic and our team is better in attack than that team.

I agree we have developed a negative attitude to games v Celtic and that needs to change.

Get on the front foot and scoring the first goal is important in these games.

MacDonald Jardine

Too many people at Hearts are frightened of celtic. Whether this is the Management or Players or perhaps both!

As long as we believe we cannot win - then we won't! Our whole demenanour from kick off typifies the lack of belief.

We seem to be in a unique situation where we think we are not good enough to compete with the O/F, and shows in our play - and think we are too good for everyone else, and this shows in our play!!

Time for Hearts to bring in a psychological Guru, or an old fashioned boot up the backside!

That's harsh.

I don't think we're anything like the only club who think Celtic are better (they are and should be. )

I also don't think he fears Hibs the way you suggest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Archived