Fav Hearts goal

Masonic

Some wonderful memories in this thread.

Our 3-2 win over the wee team in 1983 (Robbo x 2 & Jimmy Bone) was not televised as the Edinburgh Marathon took priority that day; how ridiculous was that!

Edited by John S

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Chuck Berry

• JAYEL

• BelgeJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, redjambo said:

You sod. Any time anyone posts this, I spend the next 15-20 minutes just watching it over and over again.

if you go back to the first post you might spend hours on that one too!

good wee pre match ritual before livi hopefully get a result v rangers

On 01/11/2015 at 19:46, Buffalo Bill said:

All the big game goals (Adam, McGowan, Templeton etc etc) and all the late, great goals (Foster, Quitongo, Stamp, Ozturk etc) are my favourites.

In terms of sheer skill, I would mention:

Colquhoun v Motherwell, 4-0, 1990 Scottish Cup 4th round.

Lee Miller v Killie, 2005. 

Colin Cameron flick and volley to relegate Dunfermline in 1999.

Colquhoun volley v Dundee Utd, Scottish Cup semi final 1986

Danny Grainger v Motherwell, 2012.

Lee Wallace v Killie 2005

Paul McMullan v Killie 2002

And for a mixture of brilliance, late-drama, big-game meaning, and the all-round craziness of Tynecastle, I would say Kevin Thomas' goal v Rangers in the 1995 Scottish Cup thanks to the sterling efforts of Dave McPherson.

Not my favorite but its worth a mention to be different from the already mentioned big goals. Eggert Jonsson over head kick v Aberdeen. Mind that going in and hearts fans piling over to the fence to give it big licks.

On 29/10/2015 at 11:08, Ally Bell said:

Everything about this goal is awesome. Players reactions, Locke's celebrations, Macdonald running the length of the pitch to join in. Immense

You forgot one of the finest pieces of football commentary ever.

millerjames398
48 minutes ago, Masonic said:

That was one of my all time favourite pogos at the shitpit?,,absolute bedlam when stampy leathered it in,,,really need to get back to that down there this season??

On 30/10/2015 at 08:31, a11ank said:

As one of the older generation, here is what you youngsters all missed!

Its been said a few times but Robbo's goal versus Dundee United in 1986 had us all believing!

Enjoy the Maestro at work with a little help from Sandy Clark!

This and his overhead/scissor kick against Rangers 84

Colquhoun's Screamer v Celtic, which Billy McNeill described as a "fluke!"

I think Jock Stein was the last Celtic manager that wasn't a bitter, twisted soul!

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2015 at 22:57, Harry Palmer said:

Hartley's first goal in the semi final. 

A counter attacking beauty of a goal, 7 touches from the edge of our box (alright, I'm using some poetic licence it was more like 30 yards from our goal but it was Hampden) to the back of the net and a simply sublime final pass from Jankauskas and a wee deft flick from Hartley. 

Glorious football. :)

the other two were decent as well

David Templeton vs Liverpool is a clear winner for me. 

I’d often watched the Foster goal at Easter Road and felt jealous when the camera panned to the limbs in the away end. That was my generations Foster moment. 

So many but the main one that still sticks in my mind is the last minute equaliser at Fir Park in the Texaco Cup

George Fleming IRC 

sheer bedlam in an over crowded stadium 

There was also Alan Gordon’s header from about the half way line against Raith Rovers into the Gorgie Rd end. In the snow and ice

26 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

So many but the main one that still sticks in my mind is the last minute equaliser at Fir Park in the Texaco Cup

George Fleming IRC 

There was also Alan Gordon’s header from about the half way line against Raith Rovers into the Gorgie Rd end. In the snow and ice

I was at both. The Texaco one we were on our way out and stopped at the top of the way out. Unreal scenes. The Alan Gordon one was on a hellish day. The keeper took a bye kick, hit it too low but hard and AG rose up, it hit him square on the forehead and in.

Some of my fav ever goals I've seen has come from SPH 

https://youtu.be/lAjacUsZy1w

His Freekicks against hibs and Celtic.  First goal against hibs in the semi continuing the off the ball run was brilliant. And his chip against cally.

Tokyo Drifter
On 29/10/2015 at 17:25, trotter said:

Glynn Snodin vs. Slavia Prague back in '93 I believe? We needed to win by 2, and he pinged it in to make it 4-2 with 10 minutes to go. 

My first ever time at Tynie. Happy days.

4 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

I was at both. The Texaco one we were on our way out and stopped at the top of the way out. Unreal scenes. The Alan Gordon one was on a hellish day. The keeper took a bye kick, hit it too low but hard and AG rose up, it hit him square on the forehead and in.

The Gordon one bounced  few times and rolled into the net with the keeper sliding about and falling on the ice ?

4 hours ago, JAYEL said:

George Fleming IRC 

26,000 at Motherwell that night. Hard to believe

Big_Hearts_Runner

Not a great goal, in fact a very scrappy one!

But just the way Tynecastle lost it and everyone went absolutely mental. We were right in the title race at that stage and Quitongo was very much a cult hero, we went on to win the cup and he didnt even make the bench that day.

Alan Maybury v thistle on 14th December  2002 ar tynie 1-0 simply because it was my birthday. 

But ultimatley Adam Scottish cup final.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Big_Hearts_Runner said:

Not a great goal, in fact a very scrappy one!

But just the way Tynecastle lost it and everyone went absolutely mental. We were right in the title race at that stage and Quitongo was very much a cult hero, we went on to win the cup and he didnt even make the bench that day.

The policeman always cracks me up. 

• 8 months later...
On 23/10/2018 at 12:54, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The policeman always cracks me up. 

good banter like brilliant game

Barr's goal to kick off the cup final was amazing, not in ability but in how important it was. 

Ozturks in the derby because that was an amazing hit. The look on Stubbs face said it all really. 

• 5 months later...
jambogirlglasgow

Robbie at Tannadice in 86 and JC at Hampden in the semi of the same year. It seemed to go into the goal in slow motion. What a season- what a travesty. 
Plus all of the above since! 

Phenomenal from Pinilla. Still gutted he didn't hit form with us. What a talent.

My favourite goal was Miko vs. AEK Athens at Murrayfield. I was maybe 13 at the time and I entered the stadium which was huge, had 40-50k in it and I remember thinking to myself "so this is what it feels like to be a big team". It was so loud to begin with that I could hardly hear the Champions League music and when Miko scored it was pandamonium all around. Best goal for me. Doubt it will be bettered actually considering that I was so young and it had a lasting impact on me. Still almost brings me to tears because I (somewhat naively) thought we were going to just get bigger and bigger as a club.

peebles jambo
On 29/10/2015 at 20:30, i wish jj was my dad said:

Robbo's at Tannadice in 86.

I really, really believed. 

Absolute peach of a goal,

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

better definition vid for pinilla goal

Probably my favourite team goal!! If that had been Barcelona they’d have been drooling about it at the time!!

the one touch passing and movement was superb!!

On 01/11/2015 at 10:49, leginten said:

Colquhoun's power lob at Easter Road is without doubt the greatest goal ever scored by anyone, anywhere. Don't know how to embed, unfortunately.

Alas no footage of this one..

image.png.ef9f177c482c55d419410a270648ad0b.png

image.png

On 07/11/2015 at 13:49, John S said:

Some wonderful memories in this thread.

Our 3-2 win over the wee team in 1983 (Robbo x 2 & Jimmy Bone) was not televised as the Edinburgh Marathon took priority that day; how ridiculous was that!

Was a brilliant header 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻♥️👏

On 29/10/2015 at 11:35, Hector Riva said:

for me definitely this  - an amazing night. I remember 'serenading' Archie McPherson under the the press gantry after the match with a load of other fans who were also stung by his dismissive pre-match comments...

On 30/09/2018 at 15:39, Skippy Doodle said:

And Ricardo fuller v well at tyney? Took on about 6 of their players before scoring.....

• 1 month later...
On 23/10/2018 at 11:58, macker1874 said:

Alan Maybury v thistle on 14th December  2002 ar tynie 1-0 simply because it was my birthday. 

But ultimatley Adam Scottish cup final.

was my wee bros first game

One for the older chaps, mid 70's v Dundee, Graham 'Shuggie' Shaw hit a screamer from 35+ plus yards into the roof of the net at the school end, I think Ally Donaldson was the goalkeeper but could be wrong...

Edited by corkie64

Mikos winner on Boxing Day was something special as was Hartleys penalty against Aberdeen.  Fave away was  Stevo’s in the League Cup.  Bednar winner against the huns in the Burley season was scenes too. 

Overall Mike Galloway against Vienna, my first European match (I think) 

Edited by Last Laff

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2015 at 14:40, Hartleys_Jam_Tart said:

Phil Stamp. Greatest single moment in my life

amazing with the chairs flying overheed

• redm changed the title to Fav Hearts goal