Fav Hearts goal

Masonic

To name a few,

McCann's screamer with Douglas flapping in vain was up there.

Ozturk at the Echodome.

Stamp at the Echodome.

Fave goal against us has to be that Bordeaux one at Tynie - I was devastated but what a strike.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Masonic

• Chuck Berry

• JAYEL

• BelgeJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ferguson against Bayern Munich. Was standing right behind the goals that night and it was still rising when it bulleted into the net

Hartley's free kick in the 2006 semi-final. Sneaky as feck. Perfect time to score and perfect opponents to score a goal like that against. I could watch it again and again...

Season 87-88, we beat Dundee 4-2 at Tynecastle (could actually be 28 years ago this weekend!)

Anyway, I just remember John Colquhoun's goal in that game as being a cracker.  Really nice approach play and if memory serves, he sort ofstopped dragged the ball back with his foot, then smashed it in.

My description doesn't do it justice, but there you go.  Colquhoun was a wonderful player.

Colquhoun v Celtic the week after!  McNeill's "fluke" description.

Colquhoun v Hibs (take your pick!)

$T2eC16VHJGYE9nooiLK+BQ+JoiQFOg~~60_35.J

always thought Mikoliunas's goal against Hibs, boxing day 2006 was a thing of beauty, curling it in the top corner, its always one goal i keep rewinding.

some others i don't think have been mentioned

Ricardo Fullers goal against Motherwell Dec 2001, ran the whole length of the pitch

Willie Jameson's goal against Celtic think it was about 1995

Alan Maybury against Partick Thistle, Dec 2002

A random one for you - but Larry Kingstons last min goal to beat Inverness 3-2 at Tynecastle. Dougie Imrie had just scored a wonder free kick to make it 2-2 at 88 mins and we kicked off and scored straight away!

Crazy game that one will always remember it

always thought Mikoliunas's goal against Hibs, boxing day 2006 was a thing of beauty, curling it in the top corner, its always one goal i keep rewinding.

some others i don't think have been mentioned

Ricardo Fullers goal against Motherwell Dec 2001, ran the whole length of the pitch

Willie Jameson's goal against Celtic think it was about 1995

Alan Maybury against Partick Thistle, Dec 2002

the boxing day one i was in the pub for the fuller one i was in wheatfield and maybury goal was my little bros first game :D

Not my favourite Hearts goal but the ones I celebrated most for

Robbos equaliser in the League cup final against Rangers

Jose's equaliser against Celtic at home

Those take some beating for me

This may sound daft out of all the experiences we've witnessed but Zeefuik vs Rangers to draw 2-2 in the last day of the championship in May.

Absolute scenes when he scored to wrap up an incredible season

Can you imagine we needed 1 point to win the league that day? That would have been ceazy.

Robbo's at Tannadice in 86.

I really, really believed. 

That was a world class strike. Robbo's greatest ever goal for the Famous. I, like yourself and thousands more did believe that it was our year. But fate had its own agenda :sob:

As one of the older generation, here is what you youngsters all missed!

Its been said a few times but Robbo's goal versus Dundee United in 1986 had us all believing!

Enjoy the Maestro at work with a little help from Sandy Clark!

Really bad goalkeeping, never even bothered to make an attempt to save it. It was only about 15ft from his hand FFS.

Can you imagine we needed 1 point to win the league that day? That would have been ceazy.

Had the league been decided on the former goal average, we would have won the flag.

Amazingly, Sportscene took the decision not to include that goal in their candidates for "Goal of the Season". If there has been a better goal scored in Scotland in the last ten years, I've missed it.

Season 87-88, we beat Dundee 4-2 at Tynecastle (could actually be 28 years ago this weekend!)

Anyway, I just remember John Colquhoun's goal in that game as being a cracker.  Really nice approach play and if memory serves, he sort ofstopped dragged the ball back with his foot, then smashed it in.

My description doesn't do it justice, but there you go.  Colquhoun was a wonderful player.

Colquhoun's power lob at Easter Road is without doubt the greatest goal ever scored by anyone, anywhere. Don't know how to embed, unfortunately.

Had the league been decided on the former goal average, we would have won the flag.

Crossed wires here I think. 

The White Cockade

yes Robbo against Hibs in the 3-2 game at Tynie

also Jimmy Bone's winner in the same game - scenes!

Robbo at Tannadice obviously

Ferguson v Bayern and also two he got in same match at Douglas Park - 40 yard free kick

and shot from half way line with goalie out of his goals

Graham Shuggie Shaw scored an unbelievable left foot 35 yarder at Tnie against Dundee I think it was

Remember Eamon Bannon scoring a hat trick at home in his first spell - one of them he was running through with

the keeper to beat and he was so confident with his shooting he just banged it in the top corner from 20 yards when he could have taken it

a lot closer

He might have been poor for us but Denis Mcquade scored a couple of beauties against Aberdeen and Hibs

The one Alan Maybury hammered in v Partick when it looked to be ending 0-0

Drew Busby belter at home to Celtic

Cesnauskis at home in a cup tie v Partick I think

and so many more

Colquhoun's power lob at Easter Road is without doubt the greatest goal ever scored by anyone, anywhere. Don't know how to embed, unfortunately.

spot on mate. Can't find it anywhere just mind the half second of silence as it goes in! On my phone I just copy the link then paste and it comes up automatically? Edit- on YouTube link I mean Edited by Egg Shen

:heartpump:  :heartpump:  :heartpump:  :heartpump:

For pure skill and eye popping, gangly striker goal it has to be Ricardo Fullers goal of the season against Motherwell

For raw emotional excitement it has to be Phil Stamp v the cabbage. Leveins cobbled together team of never say die grafters in a come from behind derby win. I'll never forget that match. I was in the main stand and was minding my p's and q's being one down to a Mixu opener and Hibs were well on top. Then came the McKenna equaliser. I was surrounded by Hibs fans and incredibly, to a man, with 5 mins to go they knew it was coming. When Phil scored and the Jambos roared, it sucked the air out of the Hibs fans. I couldn't control myself and just stood with my arms raised as the place emptied around me. I still had my arms in the air when Phil headed down the tunnel after being sent off for diving into the Jambos after he had scored. After the final whistle I stood and watched the Jambos celebrate for 10-15mins in the Dunbar end until the polis let them out.

As you can probably tell, that goal is imprinted in my memory. It's also, I suspect, one of many Hearts goals imprinted in the memories of our friends from Leith.

the boxing day one i was in the pub for the fuller one i was in wheatfield and maybury goal was my little bros first game :D

My first game at Tynecastle was the Fuller one. What an introduction.

All the big game goals (Adam, McGowan, Templeton etc etc) and all the late, great goals (Foster, Quitongo, Stamp, Ozturk etc) are my favourites.

In terms of sheer skill, I would mention:

Colquhoun v Motherwell, 4-0, 1990 Scottish Cup 4th round.

Lee Miller v Killie, 2005. 

Colin Cameron flick and volley to relegate Dunfermline in 1999.

Colquhoun volley v Dundee Utd, Scottish Cup semi final 1986

Danny Grainger v Motherwell, 2012.

Lee Wallace v Killie 2005

Paul McMullan v Killie 2002

And for a mixture of brilliance, late-drama, big-game meaning, and the all-round craziness of Tynecastle, I would say Kevin Thomas' goal v Rangers in the 1995 Scottish Cup thanks to the sterling efforts of Dave McPherson.

Cast No Shadow

Amazingly, Sportscene took the decision not to include that goal in their candidates for "Goal of the Season". If there has been a better goal scored in Scotland in the last ten years, I've missed it.

Stan Petrov scored an absolute stoater for Celtic in the second game of the 2006/07 season. Tremendous counter-attacking goal.

Fortunately we won 2-1 with a late Bednar winner. It should have been more in the end as Bednar got a goal wrongly ruled offside and Aguiar hit the bar with a screamer from about 30 yards in the last minute.

Fairly sure it's the same game as the iconic Lennon picture.

Guybrush Threepwood

Beattie at Hampden in the Semi...joy and then nerves at realising THAT final was in store. Needn't have worried!

Edited by Guybrush Threepwood

Special mention for Scott Robinson's goal away to County two seasons ago. The goal that finally put us into positive points. Great scenes at the time.

tartofmidlothian

I bloody loved Gary Naysmith's second in this, from 11.00. You can see what it meant to him. The whole thing's worth a watch.

Beattie at Hampden in the Semi...joy and then nerves at realising THAT final was in store. Needn't have worried!

The day the cup was won - I really believed that at the time. 

If not that , then Ozturk - it cannot be beaten in terms of drama.

And I've been watching Hearts for nearly 50 years.

Stan Petrov scored an absolute stoater for Celtic in the second game of the 2006/07 season. Tremendous counter-attacking goal.

Fortunately we won 2-1 with a late Bednar winner. It should have been more in the end as Bednar got a goal wrongly ruled offside and Aguiar hit the bar with a screamer from about 30 yards in the last minute.

Fairly sure it's the same game as the iconic Lennon picture.

Completely off topic, but I just ended up watching a Hearts/Celtic playlist on Kirkwood's youtube account and just saw our 3-1 at Parkhead at the end of that season. The commentator said that Pospisil's penalty that put us 3-1 up was the first SPL penalty Celtic had conceded in almost a season and a half - going back to a match they played against Killie in January 2006.

Wonder how many they should have conceded in that time and how many they were awarded incorrectly. Of course, these things even themselves out over time.

ye shame about the video quality though someone should find the game and edit it to just the goal and reupload in better quality

I often remember goals by how mental the fans celebrations were. Glynn Snodin vs Slavia Prague and Craig Levein's header at home to Aberdeen (midweek fixture I think) early in the 85/86 season were two particularly mental celebrations.

Luscious Laryea

Stsphane Adam & Neil McCann's to go through to the 98 cup final after Falkirk equalised with a screamer of a goal with three or four minutes to go, scenes

Dr Ian Malcolm

Skacel against Celtic in the semi-final was a gloriously taken goal. Round the keeper then presence of mind to lift it over Mulgrew. Came from nowhere just after half-time as well.

Templeton at Easter Road. Went by about four of them (I think the same defender twice at one point) then just passed it in. Lovely goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That game stands out in my memory, especially a breathtaking first half performance (free-flowing, fast, flair-filled, attacking football - like watching Hibs the way their fans imagine them to be). I came away from that game thinking that (relatively new signing) Hugh Burns was some player. Did we also miss a penalty?  Sorry can't remember.

That game stands out in my memory, especially a breathtaking first half performance (free-flowing, fast, flair-filled, attacking football - like watching Hibs the way their fans imagine them to be). I came away from that game thinking that (relatively new signing) Hugh Burns was some player. Did we also miss a penalty? Sorry can't remember.

Did Robbo miss a penalty for a 7 minute or so hat trick in this game?

Did Robbo miss a penalty for a 7 minute or so hat trick in this game?

you might be right. He scored in the 15th and 17th minutes I see.

This is the one that always springs to mind, not the best or most important, think it was the unexpectedness of it and the length of time we celebrated it.

Everything about this goal is awesome. Players reactions, Locke's celebrations, Macdonald running the length of the pitch to join in. Immense

On that day, I was a Gary Locke guy.

It just meant so much, not just to us but it was a monumental game for hibs as well.

They actually turned up dressed for a party......

Phil Stamp. Greatest single moment in my life

that was my fav goal in terms of fan celebration and one i remember very vividly the chairs flying over my head i wont forget :D but in terms of aesthetically i think the pinilla one wins hands down

Black's at Ibrox

Beattie's against Hibs. 

Edited by Ryan Jarman

Bungalow Bill

As one of the older generation, here is what you youngsters all missed!

Its been said a few times but Robbo's goal versus Dundee United in 1986 had us all believing!

Enjoy the Maestro at work with a little help from Sandy Clark!

This for me. I was only 5, but I grew up idolising Robbo and always remembered this goal.

I also loved Ferguson's against Bayern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• redm changed the title to Fav Hearts goal