Building regs

Hood09

I have a small flat in gorgie which has in the past had some work in the bathroom to change where there was a bath to now become a double shower cubicle. As part of that work as existing drainage etc was used pretty much everyone who quoted for this (6 years ago) said no regs where needed. I have just had my home report back and looks like the surveyor is asking for these or is covering his are from a liability perspective with the below comment:

The property has been altered with the formation of shower room. The valuation is given on the strict assumption that full certification in respect of the planning permissions, building warrants and completion certificates were issued for these works

Anyone know what next steps would be as presume this is going to be a ball ache for selling

Cairneyhill Jambo

I would imagine you would have to get a plumber in to check the work and, if content, sign it off.

I had to do this when I sold my flat a few years ago. previous owners had swapped the kitchen into the larger spare double bedroom.

Wouldn't imagine it would cost much.  Do you not have a mate who is a plumber that could do this for you?

Archived