Scotland v France U21

mickycameron98

Danny Lennon saying that Scotland's main quality is our passion and spirit. That should be a gimme, it'd be good if our main quality was a fast flowing passing and attacking team.

passion and spirit? FFS! Ive been hearing same crap for 40 years! Why cant we find decent players with passion and spirit. Too many cant even do the basics. Jesus h! They are meant to be international class players!

Ryan Christie was another passenger.

have to say that poor CP's defending seems to be getting worse, not better, as time goes on.

Is Danny Lennon in charge of the u21s or is it Sbragia?

Just wondering what diddy is in charge...

Danny Lennon was the (English (?) speaking) TV pundit. 

Sbragia and McClair are manager and assistant.

There were a few other coaching staff, including Donald Park.

maroonnicky63

Cummings found his level in the championship. He's quite terrible.

I'd call him overated but the only time I have ever seen him actually rated by anyone is on lockdown.net which doesn't really count.

what game are you watching

Hearts of Vladland

To say Calum had a bad game is very harsh, he was left 2 on 1 a lot of times today, the right winger was never getting back to cover

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To say Calum had a bad game is very harsh, he was left 2 on 1 a lot of times today, the right winger was never getting back to cover

They got it covered second half. No Scottish player looked like a talent today 2 1 really flatters Scotland after a decent start to the game.

Danny Lennon was the (English (?) speaking) TV pundit. 

Sbragia and McClair are manager and assistant.

There were a few other coaching staff, including Donald Park.

McClair is Performance Director of SFA after he took over from Mark Wotte.

Sbragia not liking any better than Billy Stark as an answer. Loads of hoofing the ball, dropping off them all the time and bizarre choice to take Nicholson who was one of our few dangerous players off and put Cummings back into midfield.

First half they were decent, very poor after the break.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sbragia not liking any better than Billy Stark as an answer. Loads of hoofing the ball, dropping off them all the time and bizarre choice to take Nicholson who was one of our few dangerous players off and put Cummings back into midfield.

First half they were decent, very poor after the break.

Sam visibly got tired. To his credit French realised quickly his danger he took a few hefty hits. Calum was hobbling late on after a hefty fall. He was left exposed in first half and out muscled by tbf Mr T's boy! Hamilton looked a bit shaky at times his kicking was ordinary made a very good save. Jordan had a hard day. The French boys were superior in strength and skill without ever being breath taking. Would love to take more positives but there was one. Billy King came on. Goal apart he got well involved and looked on form.

Hibs two actually started very well but along with Gauld and Killie Slater got worse the longer it went

scott herbertson

this is not very good  game tbh, but anyway got me thinking about my one and only Scotland match. it was an under 23 game against Denmark around 75/76 at Tynecastle. Andy Gray got a hat rick and then Rab Prentice came on for the last 10 minutes, beat 4 players and scored pretty much one of the best goals I've ever seen.

IIRC one of andy gray's goals was a header from about 15 yards as well - two cracking goals but sadly not televised I think

McClair is Performance Director of SFA after he took over from Mark Wotte.

So he is, totally forgot that. 

passion and spirit? FFS! Ive been hearing same crap for 40 years! Why cant we find decent players with passion and spirit. Too many cant even do the basics. Jesus h! They are meant to be international class players!

Passion and spirit might win you odd game on the big stage but it'll only get you so far.

Lower league teams often show the most passion and spirit week you're likely to see in football when playing a big team in a cup. But again, it'll only get them so far til they're found out up against a real top team.

And he's not praying

Didn't read my later post then?

I did.

I read all of them.

None were quite as ridiculous as the one I responded to, granted. 

In a nut shell not one of these players is ready to become a starter in the full squad.

Probably not, but there are a few jut over u21 age who are either ready or only need to kick on slghtly.  Armstrong, Jack, Fraser and maybe Walker if he keeps fit.  There are others kicking about in England too I'm sure!!

And lets remember Ryan Gauld is only 19.  He's playing at arguably a higher level each week for Sporting B in the 2nd division there than in our top league for D Utd.  Huge respect for the kid going over there.

Again, the notable absense of any defenders in a "who's ready" post!!

Interesting thing said by Willy Miller on the radio yesterday afternoon. 

He was an established player for Aberdeen, but it was 6 years before his Scotland call-up. 

Also comment was made of Danny Wilson, who after breaking into the Rangers team at a young age, was called into the full Scotland squad after about 6 months of first team football. He then got a 'big' transfer to Liverpool and then his career hit the buffers and still hasn't got back to where he was as a teenager. 

Seymour M Hersh

I went to the game enthusiastic and came home quite disappointed.

It's always the same when you go on holiday. 

Archived